Innocent Misunderstandings [Part 1/2]

All Teen Top Couples (Short Stories)

"Byunghun-ah, are you done with the laundry yet?" Chanhee asked as he came into the laundry room. He sighed when he saw I wasn't done yet. 

"Ahh, I'm almost done, go back to cooking! The stove needs you right now."

He laughed and came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "The stove isn't the only thing that needs me right now."

I blushed intensely and dropped basket of clothes by mistake. "Ah! Look at what you made me do!" 

He let go of me as I bent down to pick up the clothes that I now had to fold all over again. 

"Nice ," he said, laughing again. He left to get back to his cooking and I just shook my head. That boy needs to control his hormones sometimes. 

Once I was done folding everything, again, I walked into the kitchen and was met with the sweet smell of soup.

"My lovely Chanhee is such an amazing cook," I said and gave him a small kiss before sitting down at the dinner table with him. We were eating lunch at a dinner table like bosses. 

"So what do you want to do today?" he suddenly asked. I stopped eating with the chopsticks still in my mouth and he giggled. "Why do you have to be so cute?" 

I blushed and sat down the chopsticks and rubbed my legs nervously. "Hm, I don't know. Can I decide later?"

"Yes, Byunghun, you may continue eating." He laughed again. Dang, he laughs so much, but I can't help but to smile every time he does. He really is cute despite his constant ual behavior. 

"And you can stop staring at me now," he said, shaking his head and still laughing that adorable laugh of his. I choked on my food. 

Once we were done, we teamed up to do some epic dish washing time. We were like super cleaning ninjas, cleaning each dish in a microsecond. 

After every dish was sparkling, we went outside to get some fresh air and to just spend time together. We went out to the lake, like we always did, but strange thing was we did it in silence. Normally that's not abnormal, right? But you don't know Chanhee. He never stops talking or flirting. I'm rather worried, he's been having these quiet episodes a lot recently. But he doesn't seem sad or anything. Actually, he looks beautiful. The way he stares into my eyes, wordless. It takes my breath away. 

Wait. I didn't even realize that he's staring at me. And I'm staring at him. Jeez, he really does put me in too many trances. 

I saw him smile, and I'm serious my heart stopped beating. He took my hand in his and started leading me into the water. 

Okay, he's not Chanhee anymore. Nope, nope, nope, definitely he has been taken by an alien and this figure leading me into the water is clearly a failed imposter. No, but really, what's up with him? 

"What are you doing? We don't have swimming clothes on," I said. He didn't respond, instead he dropped my hand and began taking his shirt off. Then he started unbuckling his pants.

"S-stop!" I end up shouting louder than meaning to.

He gave me a confused look and tilted his head. "Why?" 

"N-never mind that. I'm going to go get our swimming clothes." I turned to leave but he grabbed my hand and yanked me closer to him. "Byunghun, why do you hate everything I do?" 

"What? I don't," I said defensively. Where was he getting this from? 

He sighed and let go of my hand, then turned his back towards me with his arms crossed. To be fairly honest, that action alone was surprising. Normally if he had something he was upset with me about, he'd yell at me and then kiss me or touch me in some way. Weird, I know. But that's just him. 

I dismissed the thought that something was wrong and headed back to the house in search for something to change into. After a few minutes, I finally found them. Sighing, I quickly got undressed and changed into my swimming gear. I walked into my room and stood in front of the mirror. Yeah, I look good. But why do I have to be as short as the freaking mirror?

I walked into the laundry room where I picked out a couple of clothes for us to change into later. A blue t-shirt and grey sweat pants for me, and for Chanhee? I scrambled through the clothes, eyeing each one with interest. This giant red sweater always made him look adorable, but it's like 80 out there. Then there's also this black baggy shirt that his his nickname, Chunji, on the front, in white lettering. But he wears it too often.  

After rummaging for a few minutes, a giant smile crept on my face. This lovely pink shirt that actually belongs to me looks amazing on him. I mean I would know, he steals it all the time. And black pant pajamas that he wears almost every night. Perfect. But why do I feel like I'm a little girl deciding what to dress her doll in?

I grabbed all the clothes plus two towels and some sunscreen. When I decided I hadn't forgotten anything, I made my way back outside. Chanhee was sitting on the dock. I came next to him and sat down, looking at his glistening skin. He hadn't put his shirt back on, but his pants were still there. Thank goodness. 

"Shouldn't it be illegal for you to look so handsome?" 

He couldn't seem to help but to smile. "Stop being cheesy. Put some suncreen on me." He responded, his voice lighter than usual. I nodded and got out the sunscreen, and gently applied a small amount onto my hand and then began rubbing it onto Chanhee's back. I noticed it didn't seem to be rubbing in very well though, because he was still wet. It was just smearing around so pointlessly and it made me frown. 

He chuckled lightly at me. "You should have gotten the spray-on sunscreen when we went shopping."

I shot him a glare. "You wouldn't let me. You said you wanted me to rub it into you, because 'it would be more fun that way'."

He shook his head, laughing at me. "You're so adorable, with how naive you are. I think there's a bottle in the shed."

"You left sunscreen in the shed? You're suppose to store it at room temperature, not outside in the blazing sun where it will explode. And I'm not naive, you're just a ert."

I quickly got up and headed out to the shed, leaving behind the clothes I had brought next to Chanhee. I sighed once I got in there. The shed was the size of a giant garage and had fishing supplies everywhere. How was I supposed to find sunscreen in a stack of fishing poles? Okay, so I guess it is sort of easier than a needle in a hay stack, but still. 

I walked around the shed a bit and looked at the pictures that were up on the walls. We used to go fishing a lot, and we always took pictures. It's not like there were pictures of us holding giant fishes that are as long as your arms, but there was a picture of Chanhee petting this one catfish he caught. 

I smiled at the memory. It had been the first catfish he ever caught, and he had been so happy. I looked at the other pictures, most of them were of us together, two crazy teenagers in love. In some of them we were kissing, in others hugging, or just smiling like idiots.

Finally moving on, I looked in a few cabinets and finally found the sunscreen. SPF 15? That's it? Oh, we are going to have a talk about that. 

I rushed out of the shed, and then nearly tripped on a rock. I groaned slightly in frustration and then stomped on it. I really need to stop stomping on things that piss me off, because that hurt even more.

I ignored the pain and went up to where Chanhee was sitting with his legs dangling off the dock, swinging them back and forth. "Chanhee! What is this?"

He looked at me strangely. "The sunscreen?"

"No! This isn't sunscreen."

"...Then what is it?"

I blanked out for a second. It actually was sunscreen. Why did I say it wasn't? "This is only SPF 15. Mine was eighty. Do you want to burn?" 

He rolled his eyes at me. "You do know the SPF is how long it lasts, right? Not how well it works. We can put this sunscreen on and be outside for almost two and a half hours. But SPF 80? That's 800 minutes, Byunghun. 13 hours. Now tell me, were you really planning on staying out here that long? I don't mind, but...we might have to apply sunscreen a few more times." 

My jaw literally dropped. Since when does he know so much about such little things? 

I heard him laugh. "Come on Joe, don't look at me like that. Makes me feel like a nerd." 

I was going to say something about how he's not a nerd when a seemingly random bit of thunder shouted out.

Chanhee yelped once in fright and I couldn't help but to laugh. His small fear of thunder and lightening... It's rather cute.

"Don't laugh at me, you ," he said, but quickly came running into my arms anyway. I hugged him a bit and smiled while ruffling his hair. "Sorry, Channie." 

I picked him up in my arms bridal style and he screamed. I didn't know if it was from me suddenly picking him up, or if it was the loud thunder that sounded out at the same time. But by the way his eyes were shut in fear, I figured it was the later. 

I carried him all the way back into the house and then sat him down on the couch. I tried to pull back, but he wrapped his arms around by neck and wouldn't let me go. 

"Chanhee, let go. I have to go get the clothes from outside. I left them on the dock. " 

When I said that, he only held onto me tighter. "No. Please... Leave them out there, it's too dangerous." 

I rolled my eyes and kissed his forehead. "I'm not going get struck by lightening, Chanhee. The odds of getting struck by lightening is less than that of getting killed by a poodle." 

His eyes grew wide in fear. "My uncle had a pet poodle and it always barked at me and-"  

I cut him off with a kiss. "I'm not going to get killed by lightening, or by a poodle. Now relax." 

He still seemed scared but he nodded and let go of me. I turned and walked to the door. Once I opened it, however, Chanhee got up from the couch and sprinted next to me, grabbing my arm and stopping me. "Let me go with you." 

I pushed him back a bit. "I can do this by myself. Besides, you're very afraid of thunder and lightening. I'm not." 

"But- I can't just let you go by yourself!"

I rolled my eyes. Why does it feel like we're filming a drama? "Fine," I said, taking his hand in mine. We walked out to the deck together as more thunder sounded and lightening appeared. He clutched closer to me, clearly scared, but trying to act fine. It was raining now, and I wanted to get the things inside quickly so that we didn't get too wet. I picked up the clothes and handed half of them to Chanhee. He clutched onto them tightly, and I then noticed he was shivering. I wrapped my arm around his waist and began to lead him back to the house with me.

Once inside, he seemed to calm down a bit. He still looked nervous though. I took his clothes from him and brought them back to the laundry room. The clothes weren't really dirty, just wet, but I threw them in the basket anyway. I grabbed us both new clothes to change into and headed back into the living room where Chanhee was idly staring at nothing. 

"What's up?" I asked, handing him his clothes. 

"Nothing." He breathed out. "It's just...we didn't get to go swimming." 

I sat down next to him in patted his back. "It's alright, we can go swimming tomorrow. I'm going to go take a shower now though."

I got up off the couch and headed into the bathroom. I took a quick 10 minute shower and when I got out, I could smell a lovely scent. I walked into the kitchen and saw Chanhee cooking some eggs and waffles and toast. He had also changed into the clothes I gave him, and boy did he look good. 

"Why are you cooking breakfast for dinner?" 

He jumped up at the sudden question and put his hand over his heart to calm himself. "Don't scare me like that. And because, we haven't had breakfast since this morning." 

"Oh, really? I hadn't noticed," I said jokingly and sat down at the dinner table.

Chanhee started setting down all these plates and I reached for a waffle but he slapped my hand away. "No eating yet." 

I playfully pouted but did wait. About three minutes later, though, my stomach was growling like a beast, and Chanhee wasn't facing my direction. He was turning the eggs into omelets, he wouldn't see me if I...

"No," he said plainly.

Damn it. How does he do that? 

I stuck my tongue out behind his back. Haha, take that

"Don't stick your tongue out at me!" 

I stiffened. He really does have eyes in the back of his head.

A little while later, he was finally done. He sat the omelets down on our plates, along with two glasses of water. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, you can't eat yet. I have to put cheese on them," he said, then went to the fridge and got out some shredded cheese. He delicately sprinkled the cheese onto both our omelets, a grin on his face while doing so. 

"You may eat now," he said, laughing lightly.

"Thank you," I cooed, before digging in. 

It was amazing. His food is always the best. I used to hate anything with eggs in it before I met him. I finished my meal far faster than him. When I was done, he'd only taken a few bites.

"What's wrong Chanhee?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing," he replied. He then began eating faster, as if only just realizing he hadn't been eating much. 

Something is rather off with him lately... I just don't know what.