final; no regrets

Goodbye

no regrets

 

"You remember when we kissed
You still feel it on your lips
The time that you danced with me
With the no music playing
You remember those simple things
We talked till we cryed
You said that your biggest regret
The one thing you wish I'd forget
Is saying goodbye"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Do you remember that time when..." she paused, thinking about something to talk about. "uhh, when we were there, baking?"

Baking? Jonghyun tried remembering that time, but failed to do so. "We baked before?"

"Omigod, I can't believe you forgot about that~" she slightly exclaimed, sniffing as she chuckled. "That was the time when were doing a cake for my friend."

Oh, that. Then a familiar scene popped in his mind.

The kitchen counter, which was sparkly and clean an hour ago, was not in its normal look anymore. In fact, it looks like it had been raided and terrorized by killers. The flour was scattered over the center. The eggshells, which were cracked into tiny pieces, were all over the top. Some of the wasted egg yolk and egg white were mixed with the unused flour. As the mess kept on growing and growing, Jonghyun continued to break the eggs in the bowl while Sooyoung mixed the ingredients all together. The two lovers were busy baking a cake for their friend who was celebrating her birthday. Since Sooyoung was the celebrant's close friend, she asked her boyfriend to help her out with the gift.

"Are the eggs enough?" asked Jonghyun, who was a noob in baking. He scratched his head using his pinky since his fingers were covered with egg white and a little bit of flour.

Sooyoung looked at the bowl and studied the look. She nodded and smiled at him, making him scrunch his nose in confusion. "How the heck do you girls measure those? I mean, you didn't even use anything to measure the eggs? HOW'S THAT?!" Jonghyun let out an irritated sigh and looked at her.

She just laughed and pinched his cheeks with her flour-covered fingers. "Girls are just skilled, that's all," she tapped her fingers on his cheeks, leaving white marks.

"H-hey!" he shouted, removing the flour from his cheek. "Unfair!" he got a handful of flour and threw it to her. Sooyoung, who had her back turned away from him, felt something splatter on her back. She stopped and turned her head, just to see Jonghyun who was smiling sheepishly while holding another handful of flour.

Sooyoung looked at him with a pair of eyes glaring back. "What was that for?!" she raised an eyebrow. He just smiled sheepishly again and walked towards her, drawing marks on her face using his fingers. "Aww, look at my baby~ Looking like a princess~" he teased.

Taking some flour from his hands, she said, "Well, well, well~ I guess my prince must look good too for the princess~" doing the same thing to him. Jonghyun continued doing it to her, and she continued as well, leading the couple becoming dirty and dusty.

She chuckled as she coughed flour from . "Look what you've done," she said, wiping off the flour from her face.

Jonghyun looked at Sooyoung and got the chance to take a glimpse at her. She's still as pretty as ever. I'm so lucky to have her. He walked to her and tucked in her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry. Can I make it up to you?" he asked, slowly leaning in. He slightly brushed his lips against hers, making her lips quiver.

He laughed hard, earning a confused look from her. "What was that for?" she asked, her cheeks having a light shade of pink.

"Oh nothing~" he cooed, leaning in again. "I love you," he whispered, kissing the tip of her nose then kissing her lips softly.

Nodding, Jonghyun replied. "Oh yeah, I remember that..." he chuckled. Sooyoung laughed along, sniffing again and clearing . After a few seconds, the phone conversation became silent. No one dared to speak nor make a sound. However, he didn't want this conversation to end just yet. "Hey. Still remember that time, back in high school, during the prom practice?" he added awkwardly.

She suddenly rummaged through her mind. When did that happen...?

It was the time of the year again. All of the graduating students were invited to a prom especially made for them. As it being part of the school's extra curricular activities, everyone was encouraged to join the event since it will be the last event they will be spending before graduation. Every male inside the campus is trying to grab a date for the day. Some of the guys were pretty lucky; they made their ladies answer already. Jonghyun, on the other hand, is finding a way on how to get the chance to date—or to let her 'girl', Sooyoung, answer him since it has been almost 2 months since he asked her to court her.

He was seated with his peers, eating lunch. The girls were together with their friends. The boys were carefully watching every girl passing by the table. Some of the students were waiting in line, getting their food. Everyone was busy, but that didn 't stop him from staring at her. while his eyes were locked in the view of Sooyoung, who was quietly reading a book with her friends across their table at the cafeteria. Everyone in the cafeteria was going in and out of the doors. Watching as her eyeglasses slipped from her nose and pulling it back up while pouting to make sure that it wouldn't fall, he mumbled, "Oh damn it."

"What bro? Why, why?" his friend jolted up behind him. Looking at her from his back, another friends of his asked, "When are you going to ask her out, Jjong? The practice's gonna start after break time."

He turned his head to his friends and shot them a glare. "Would you guys just...chill?" he raised his eyebrow in irritation. "I'm still waiting for the right time."

Both of his friends looked at each other and nodded. They went back to their places and stared at the table from afar. Minutes after, one of his frends saw Sooyoung closing up her book and packing up her things. He looked at Jonghyun and quietly said, "BRO, IT'S TIME. GO TO HER NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE."

The suitor slowly stood up with his rose and cracked his neck nervously. This is it. It's now or never. He dusted off his clothes and unnoticeably went to the table across. He placed his hand on top of the table, making a thug. The girls suprisingly looked up and looked at him in shock. They all whispered to each other.

"Omo! Kim Jonghyun is here!"

"Is he going to ask Sooyoungie out?"

"Oh my gosh, I hope this will be a good thing to watch~"

He cleared his throat, loud enough for everyone to hear. "I need silence, please," he gazed around and blinked, hoping that everyone would follow. Luckily, they did because they know that Jonghyun's the jockey of the school. They kept quiet and watched as he tried to make a scene. He wakled towards Sooyoung and tapped the table, loud enough to break her off from fixing her stuff. She looked up at him, blinking as she asked, "Yes?"

I know you'll say yes. "Well," he nervously scratched his nape, "I was, uhh, thinking if you could...uhh—"

He was cut off as she rested her cheek on top of her fist. "Go with you to the prom?" she raised her eyebrow. He blinked and nodded together with the people watching. Doesn't she go to proms?

She stood up from her seat and stole the rose from his grip. Everyone started to gossip with each other already.

"Will she say yes?"

"Let him be my date instead!"

"Yo bro, she shouldn't say yes. She should me my date."

She placed the stem in between his teeth and chuckled. "It's not like you don't know me," she started to laugh and pat his shoulder. "Of course I'll go with you."

His lips suddenly curved into a smile as everyone in the cafeteria, even the workers, started cheering ang celebrating.

Sooyoung chuckled so hard, that she coughed instead. Jonghyun laughed at her from the other line. "See? Now you remember," he said, still laughing.

"Yeah, yeah I know. You don't have to rub it in~" she cooed.

The old couple continued to talk through the phone, their memories as a couple going back to them. From the time that he met her until the time that she already answered him, everything was going back to them. Everytime someone would open up, a flashback would happen to the both of them. All of the things that happened were being played in ther head like a movie: everything was unfolded. Knowing that going though the memory lane isn't bad, they just continued. With all of the things that they've talked about, they couldn't help but smile.

"I can't believe that—" she stopped as she didn't try to make her tears stream down from her eyes down to her cheeks. "—that we've b-been through a lot. So much m-memories..." she cleared , wiping the tear that had fallen down from her eye.

"I know, we've been through a lot," he nodded and continued. "I-I really don't know what to say now... You know, I've been thinking lately, and I think everything's my fault. I shouldn't have told you about her earlier. You shouldn't have loved me back. I'm the jerk. I was stupid enough to know that—"

She hissed sweetly from the other line, telling him to pause for awhile. "Hey. You don't have to apologize anymore," she said sweetly, hitting his soft spot in his heart. "I guess things just happen for a reason, you know. And besides, I've never loved a man like you. You're perfect, Jjong. You were the only guy that was able to do everything just so that the relationship would last longer," she smiled. "Things just come and go, and I guess this went already..."

"So, you're saying...?"

"I-I actually regret breaking up with you. You don't know how much I've been through while you were away... I think it's about time to start anew."

He was speechless. He didn't know what to say. Hearing those words from her made the world stop for awhile. He'd never thought that this would come. He wasn't sure if he was ready for it or not, for one thing's for sure, he was ready to start over.

Before bringing down the phone, he told her, "I love you so much Sooyoung, and I'm sorry. Meet me at the park, okay? Let's relive everything."


AUTHOR'S NOTES; So... The last chapter of the story. Huhuhu. T T I think I failed at this story. OTL I don't know if this is a good update or not. But, please do leave your comments! ^-^

» layout credit