chapter 4; a fresh start

Goodbye

a fresh start

 

"Suddenly my cellphone's blowing up
With your ringtone
I hesitate but answer it anyway
You sound so alone
And I'm surprised to hear you say"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An hour had past, 2 hours, 3, and Jonghyun hasn't gotten up from bed. He was tired from all the crying because he couldn't bare the smite in his heart anymore. He just had to let it out so bad that he got exhausted.

Grabbing his phone from the table beside him, he rubbed his eyes and squinted then many times before operating it. When he unlocked his phone, he was shocked to see an alert made by his phone. Not only that, but the information posted was pretty unexpected to him.

 

Choi Sooyoung ♥ — 6 missed calls

 

"... She called?" He said in great awe. He stared at it and pressed it for more information. "12:40pm, 1;06Ppm, 1:08pm, 1:52pm, 1:54pm, 1:57pm." He nodded, realizing something.

"What time is it anyway?" He asked himself. Looking around his room, he saw his wall clock. He read the time as 2:59pm. Calling her won't do any harm, right? He thought about it for a long time, and shaking his head, he told himself, "No. I shouldn't call her. Maybe it's just some prank."

Seconds after, he heard a familiar ringtone booming from his phone.

 

"Bomi oneun sori teullimyeon
(Ggoti pin gil ttara keo-reoyo)
Bi naerineun yeoreumi omyeon
(Mujigae-man bomyeo keoreoyo)
Kaeul jina kyeouri wahdo
Sone jeonhaejineun ongiro 
(Ttaseuhameuro)
Hamkke keoreogayo
How great is your –"

 

"Hello?" He answered in a stern manner.

And then, there was silence.

"Hello? Soo? Are you there?" He asked, his voice getting trembly.

But no one would speak. He was about to bring down the phone until a voice was heard from the other line.

"J-jong?" A crying Sooyoung asked, her voice all blurry and husky.

He was speechless. He didn't know what to do nor what to say. Should I bring it down? Should I answer back?

"P-please Jjong... Don't bring it down..." She pleaded.

He placed back his phone near his ears and spoke up. "What's up?"

"Can I...t-talk to you for a m-moment? She asked, clearing .

"If this is about us, then might as well–"

"NO! Please don't..." She shook her head from the other line.

Hearing her voice made him feel bad. She sounded so afraid, so alone, so heartbroken. Damn it, don't make me feel this way...

"I've been wanting to talk to you... About us..."

Jonghyun's eyes widened when he heard this. He wasn't sure if he wanted to continue this conversation that he's been longing or not. All he knows that he misses her. A lot.

"Soo, look. It's been 5 months since we broke up." He told her, tears starting to build on the corner of his eye. "And you know... It's been really hard for me. Everything became a big downfall to me. Ever since you went away from my life, all of the lucks became karma."

Sooyoung hushed sweetly from the other line and said, "Now, now don't cry... To be honest, it's been hard for me too."

He finally let her smite him real hard. His tears started falling down. "R-really...?"

She nodded and wiped her tears from her cheeks. "The things that we did before? It struck me and it had me realize some things."

Jonghyun shook his head and sat properly on his bed as Sooyoung started to walk down the memory lane.


AUTHOR'S NOTES; Holla! Another "major" update my moi. :3 I've been thinking of updating all of my fics so...yeah. Here it is. ^^

» layout credit