chapter 1; flashback

Goodbye

flashback

 

"Hey baby~ :) Meet me at the park @ 1PM. I'll treat you out for lunch, alright? Saranghae <3"
Sent by: Jjongie
Date: Jan-28-12 07:41AM

 

Sooyoung looked at the message again for the 4th time while she was eating breakfast. "I wonder what we'll do," she thought. Having Jonghyun as
her boyfriend for about three years made her think of a lot of scenarios. One thought is, when she comes to the park, Jonghyun would be standing
near the fountain with heart-shaped balloons on his hands and a box on chocolates on the other. Another one is, when she's already in the park, he would be asking her to have a picnic with him together with a marriage proposal in the end. Oh, how she wished all those scenarios would come true.

Shaking those thoughts out, she finished her buttered toast. She slowly took a sip from her orange juice as she ate the last few bites of her bread. After a few minutes, she'd finished her breakfast. She stood up from her seat and entered her room. She looked around, somewhat panicking. "I don't know what to wear. Eottokhae?" she questioned herself while checking her wardrobe.

She'd thrown all of her jeans, shorts, tank tops, tees, and everything else on the floor. All that's left was a gray shirt connected to a bubble skirt with a floral patern, the one that was given to her by Jonghyun on their recent anniversary.

"I know he'd love to see me wearing this for the first time," she said, smiling as she placed the clothes on top of her.


"I think I look good enough," Jonghyun uttered to himself, fixing his hair with a comb. After fiddling with his bangs, he placed the comb on top of his vanity table and looked at the mirror. He was sure of what he'll do today. He didn't even think twice. He knows that she'll accept it, his offer. Dating Sooyoung for three years is enough for him to know her. He knew all of her likes: cheesecakes, Rilakkuma, chocolates, anything blue, and many more. Not only did he know about her likes but he also knew her dislikes. He knew that she doesn't like people lying, especially to her. She's easy to approach, so there's no need to be scared when he wants to tell something important to her. Knowing this fact, it made him really scared.

He tilted his head to different angles and smiled. "Yep, I'm good," he said before flashing a puppy smile in front of the mirror.

He glanced at his watch and saw that the time was 10:51AM. He went out of his house and made his way to the park

 

He was blocks away from the park. Two more turns to the right and he'd be in front of the gate entrance. As he made his first turn to the right, an old man selling flowers caught his eye. "This is perfect," he thought.

He approached the old man and looked at the flowers he's selling. "What would you like to have, sir?" he asked.

"Oh, uhm," he paused, amazed at the flowers displayed. "Do you have any white roses, by any chance?"

"Of course, sir!" the old man replied, getting something from the bottom of his cart. Jonghyun stretched his neck to see if the old man had the one he's looking for. The old man finally put out a dozen of white roses from the bucket below.

"Here," he said, giving the roses to Jonghyun. "Perhaps, is this for your soon-to-be wife?" He chuckled.
(A/N: The color white means marriage, I think.)

"I'm planning on proposing to her later," Jonghyun smiled shyly.

"Ahh, I see," the old man nodded. His eye suddenly popped out as he remembered something.

"What's the matter?" Jonghyun tilted his head. The old man tried to get something from his pocket. He got a small, red box and gave it to Jonghyun.

"Huh? What's this?" he asked.

"This box, sir, is actually a special ring for proposals. I can give this to you for free," he stated.

"For... FREE?" Jonghyun uttered, his eyes wide open. He opened the box and saw a very beautiful, sapphire ring. "Oh, she'll definitely love this," he thought.

Jonghyun paid for the roses and bowed to the old man, thanking him. He smiled at him and checked the roses. "They sure are as beautiful as Sooyoung."

As he was about to make his second turn to the right, he suddenly bumped into a girl.

"Ouch~" the girl exclaimed, wincing in pain. She hissed and tried to take a good look on the person who bumped into her. She rubbed her eyes and noticed that it was none other than Jonghyun. "Jagi?"

"Oh, I'm so sor—Jagi?" he was cut off when he felt arms around him.


Sooyoung stood in front of the park's gate and let out a nervous sigh. "This is it. Sooyoung, hwaiting!" she said to herself. She looked at the small, chocolate cake she was holding. She held onto the Rilakkuma necklace that he gave her during her birthday and went inside. She was amazed at how beautiful the park was. The place was very clean, flowers were planted beside the benches, the tiny birds perched on the branch of the tree, and the people totally enjoyed themselves. She smiled at herself and started to look for Jonghyun. She went near the benches and saw that no one looked like him. She sighed and continued to look around.  After 10 minutes of walking around in circles, she sat down on the grass and breathed heavily.

"Aish. Kim Jonghyun, where are you?" she hissed.

She looked around once again and there were no signs of him. She shook her head and placed down the box beside her. I give up. She plopped down on the grass and felt the pain on her back. She waited for the pain to go and then she relaxed. She closed her eyes and felt the breeze pass by her face. It felt good, really good. The wind was calm and cool. It helped her cool down a bit. But the peaceful aura was cut off when two persons started laughing. She opened her eyes and stopped. Is that...Jonghyun? She became curious and tried to listen to the laugh of the guy. She heard the laughter of the people from behind. She sat up straight and blinked multiple times, turning her head to see a guy with brown hair brown hair together with a girl with long, jet black hair sitting down on a bench, with the guy's arm wrapped around the girl's shoulder.

"Don't tell me that's my boyfriend with another girl," she muttered. Standing up, she got hold of the box and started walking, approaching the so-called 'couple.'

She made her way to the tree behind the bench and started spying. From her view, the so-called 'couple' looked like they were enjoying their so-called 'date.' Jonghyun was somewhat telling something to the girl and the girl chuckled in reply. He smiled at her chuckle and patted her head. "You're so beautiful when you laugh" was the line that she heard from his mouth. And you told me that my laugh was beautiful. Her vision suddenly changed and she felt that everything was blurry already. Stupid tears don't come out. The girl rested her her head on his shoulder but Jonghyun held her chin. He told the girl to close her eyes. The girl closed her eyes, as he wished. Inch by inch, his face was getting closer to her face. Until, he planted a passionate kiss on her lips. Tears started rolling down sooyoung's cheeks.

"I said don't come out," she mumbled trembly. His actions smote her very hard. She didn't know what to do. She tried to run away, but her mind didn't even follow. She started to feel weak and—

BOOM.

The box fell, revealing the cake which was now broken. Jonghyun opened his eyes and turned around to see what it was. It's...it's... Jonghyun looked at Sooyoung, who was literally crying her heart out silently. Jonghyun stood up and went to the tree next to Sooyoung. He tried to rub her back, but she pushed them away. Jonghyun's heart was breaking. Why this, out of all the things that can happen to me?

"Baby... I'm—"

And a red mark was seen on his face. 

"You," she said, pointing a finger at him. "Why...? Why did you do this to me?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "No, you don't understand. I—"

"I understand," she uttered, holding back her tears. "All this time, this is what you've been doing? Cheating on me?" she asked sincerely.

"I was about to tell you but then—"

"But then, what?" she said, letting her tears roll down her cheeks. "You know I'm easy to approach, right?"

Jonghyun did nothing but to lower his head, ashamed. He felt so embarrassed. Why didn't I tell her during the first place?

"Now that I know about this crap you've been doing," she said, glaring at the girl. "I might as well cut the ties between—"

Jonghyun pulled Sooyoung into a tight hug. "Please... Don't go. I beg you," he said, giving her shivers down her spine.

The hug. The hug that Sooyoung's been wanting to have.. She wanted the world to stop. She wanted to let this feeling last, but she couldn't. She couldn't trust Jonghyun anymore. After the thing that he did to her, her trust to him just vanished into thin air.

She tried to hug him back, but she just pulled away from the hug. "No. This isn't right..."

"Baby..." Jonghyun muttered, looking at her with innocence while holding her hands tight. "I love you. I love you so much."

Sooyoung let her tears fall down. She shook her head and let go of the grip.

"No, no. Please don't go away," he said, trying to hold her hands again.

 

"Goodbye, Kim Jonghyun," she said, letting go of the grip one last time and walking away with pain and grief.


AUTHOR'S NOTES; The first chapter's up, guys! :) What do you think? Actually, it's my first time writing a dramatic story so, I'm sorry for the lame scenes. XD

» layout credit