chapter 3; the memories

Goodbye

the memories

 

"I remember when we kissed
I still feel it on my lips
The time that you danced with me
With no music playing
I remember those simple things
I remember 'til I cry
But the one thing I wish I'd forget
A memory I wanna forget
Is goodbye"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Great. Just great. My breakfast's ruined," he complained, gripping onto his hair tight. He shook his head in disappointment and closed the fire. He removed the pan from the stove and placed it on top of the sink.

The bottom part of the pan sizzled as water covered it. "Stupid breakfast," he said while blowing away the smoke. He opened the faucet and removed the pancake batter from the pan. He got the sponge and scrubbed the surface of it until nothing was left.

When he was rinsing the pan, he felt something from his finger hitting it. He stopped and closed the faucet. Please, don't tell me. He quickly looked for a towel and wiped off the water from his hands. He checked his hands and removed something from his fingers. My ring, please don't break. He removed his ring from his finger and looked at it. It was still in good condition. Thank God it's still okay. He let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "If this ring continues to break..."

A sudden flashback happened.

"Jagi, what are you doing?" Sooyoung whined, focusing her attention on Jonghyun who was fixing the cassette player. "You've been fixing that thing for 15 minutes. What's it for?"

He laughed at how impatient his girfriend can be. "Just wait, Soo," he said, looking back. "I'll be done in no time~"

She sighed and lounged on the chair. "Alright, alright."

After a few minutes, he stood up from the floor and wiped his sweat. He let out a big, deep sigh and faced her, frowning. "The player isn't working anymore. My plan's now a mess!" he said, gripping onto the roots of his hair.

"Now, now. Don't feel bad about it, Jagi," she said, standing up from the chair. "Maybe, you can do your plan the next time we meet?" she suggested.

"... I'll just do it live then," he replied.

As he took her hands, he placed it on his shoulders and he started to dance with her. He began to sway her from side to side, making sure that she wouldn't feel awkward. He noticed that she was quiet. So, he tried humming to the song that he'd planned.

 

Naege eonjenga wattdeon naui eolgureul giyeokhae
It always appeared before me your face, I remember
Meomchweodeon naemameul, mibgedo gojangnan nae gaseumeul
My heart that stopped short you spitefully took my disfunctional heart
Naui hwanhan misoga swibgedo yeongeoya
And with your bright smile that's how you easily opened my heart

 

Sooyoung's heart raced a bit when she suddenly heard Jonghyun singing to him. It wasn't the first time she heard him sing, but the way that he started the song, it was the most romantic thing she's heard all night, The song continued on as she smiled sweetly to him.

 

Ije ggumcheoreom nae mameun
And now like a dream my heart
Geudae gyeote gamanhi meomchweoseoyo
Has gradually stopped by your side
Hansungando ggaeji anhneun ggeuteobsneun ggumeul ggweoyo
Without awakening for a single moment, I dream an endless dream

Ije sumcheoreom naegyeote
And now like breathing,
Hangsang swimyeo geureohge isseojumyeon
If you were to always rest by my side if you were to always remain this way
Nothing better nothing better than you
Nothing better nothing better than you

 

Jonghyun the pulled something from his pocket. He gave it to Sooyoung and asked her to open it.

"What's this?" she asked, shaking the box a bit. She opened the box and saw two infinity rings placed together. "Omo, Jjong~ These rings... They're so pretty," she said, her voice trembling.

He knew that she was about to cry. To stop her from crying, he hugged her tight and her hair. "These rings are for us," he said, pulling back from the hug. "This will remind people that we'll be together forever, no matter what happens."

The words that came out from him made her teary-eyed and so, she wiped them off. But the tears didn't stop from falling down so she just let them trail down her face.

He chuckled as she looked at him. "Jagiya, why are you crying all of a sudden?" he asked, wiping her tears away.

"It's just that...I'm so happy to have you with me," she said, sniffing then smiling.

He laughed at how cute she was. While laughing, he took the rings out of the box and placed the smaller one on her ring finger. "I hope that when you're wearing this ring, it will remind you of me," he said as he smiled sweetly.

"Of course I will..." she answered, caressing his cheeks.

He smiled and pulled her waist. "I love you" was all he can say as he pressed his lips to her, feeling the warm sensation building up within him.

Remembering everything that had happened between them, he shook his head. Just get out of my head, please. Just for today...

He placed the ring on top of the table and went back to his room to rest.


AUTHOR'S NOTES; Chapter 3 is finally here! Oh god. I'm soooo sorry for the lame and late update. ;A; My mind was focused on other things... /shot.

» layout credit