chapter 2; remembering you

Goodbye

remembering you

 

"I could honestly say
You've been on my mind
Since I woke up today
I look at your photograph
all the time
These memories come back to life
And I dont mind"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sooyoung...

Choi Sooyoung...

Please, don't leave me...

I love you so much...

 

Jonghyun jolted up from his bed, having terrible time breathing. He looked around, still breathing terribly, and held onto his chest. Sooyoung, what have I done? He closed his eyes tight and tried to breathe properly. He felt calm after 5 rounds of breathing. That's much better. He stood up from his bed, fixed his bed, and went to the dining room groggily.

He went out from his room and opened his arm widely. "Good morning ba—"

No one was there. All that welcomed him was a quiet dining room, with no noise coming from the kitchen. Oh, right. She won't come here anymore. He brought his arm down and went to the kitchen. He slowly approaches the stove and touches it. He felt his heart crash down as he remembered a significant scene. When he'd wake up every morning, he'd see Sooyoung in front of the stove, wearing her favorite apron that Jonghyun gave while cooking his breakfast. She'd cook his favorite breakfast: chocolate pancakes topped with maple syrup together with chocolate milk and French toast. Now, no one would cook for me with love. He sighed hard and sat down at the dining table. You're not in front of me anymore. He also remembered those times when he's eating, Sooyoung would watch him with googly eyes while resting her chin on top of her hands, which would look like a mini platform. No more beautiful mornings for me.

"I'm just gonna cook for myself," he said to himself as he sighed.

He got up from his chair and went to the refrigerator. Not knowing what to cook, he grabbed whatever he could find. Placing on top of the counter was cheese, egg, tomatoes, sugar, and many more. He took a great look at the things he got and wondered. What can I cook with these ingredients? He made a stop in front of the stove and imagined. Omelette? Scrambled egg? Melted cheese with tomatoes? He went to the fridge again and tok a closer look at the things inside. At the corner of the second shelf from the top, he saw a bottle of chocolate syrup and maple syrup. Making chocolate pancakes without her might be fine... He got hold of the bottles and placed them on top of the table, putting aside the rest. Something's missing. He went to the storage room and checked the cabinets.

"Where's the effin' box?" he grunted.

He looked at every shelf of the cabinet and finally found the box on the middle shelf: the pancake mix. Closing the cabinet, he went back to the kitchen, placing the box beside the bottles. He got a bowl and a whisk and started making the pancake batter. Putting the flour, he added water, oil and the eggs in one go. He mixed the ingredients all together and tasted the batter with his pinky. Soon after, he spitted out the mixture and quickly drank water. This doesn't even taste like the pancakes that she makes! He scrunched his nose and looked around, trying to see if there's a possible ingredient that can change the taste. He saw the bottle of chocolate syrup and got it. This can add up to the taste. He opened the bottle cap and placed all of the syrup in the batter. He mixed it afterwards and tasted it again. This tastes better. Setting up and heating up the pan, he made sure that the pan's hot enough to cook his breakfast.

He placed his palm on top of the heating pan and felt the heat waves enter his skin. "This is hot enough."

He got the bowl and mixed it for the last time. Tilting the bowl, he put all of the batter and placed a cover on top of it. He nodded in satisfaction, knowing that he'll do a good job in making his first breakfast alone. While waiting for the pancake to cook, he went to the mirror and looked at his reflection.

He checked out himself and smirked. "Damn, I look good," he said, putting his bangs aside.

Tilting his head to different angles, he saw a photo stuck in between the glass' border and the glass itself. He took a good look at it and removed it from its place. It's Sooyoung. The photo that was there was actually a selca given to him by Sooyoung, taken from the backstage of the musical. He noticed how beautiful she was after the musical; her face without make-up, revealing her natural beauty. He sighed as he looked at the photo. I miss you. His eyes suddenly locked to hers as her eyes followed his eyes' directions. Those eyes. Those dark, beautiful, brown eyes he'd look at when they're talking were mesmerizing him. He'd look at them when they're talking, when he wants to catch her attention, when they're eating together, when he wants to kiss her, when he wants to hug her, when he says 'I love you,' and many more. Her eyes made him remember of the memories they made for three years.

Drifting his gaze away from her eyes, his eyes landed on her face. When he sees her, he'd say 'Hey, you look like an angel' and feel his face turn red. He'd look at her and tell her many compliments about how beautiful she is in every way. When he sees her blush because of the comments, he'd caress her face, gaze at her for a long time while looking at her smile, and look into her eyes with sincerity and honesty, telling her 'I love you.' He remembered how she loves to get her face touched by him as a sense of happiness gushes inside her.

Looking at her photo makes him remember the time when it was given.

Running through the hallways of the place, Jonghyun looked to his left and to his right to see the theater where the musical is being presented. "Where's the theater here?"

He ran to the last door of the hallway and saw Sooyoung in the theatrical poster on the door. "Finally. I'm here," he said, panting.

He fixed his Jansport bag behind him and slowly pushed the door. Silence filled the theater as people sang their song pieces on stage. He looked around to see any of his friends were there. There was no sign of them anywhere. He sighed and just sat down at the back of the theater. He placed his bag beside him and plopped his feet on top of the recliner seat's header in front of him. He made himself comfortable and finally fixed his eyes on the stage. While waiting for her to come out, he suddenly felt sleepy. His eyes were about to close when suddenly, Sooyoung came out of the backstage. It's finally her. He opened his eyes wide and tried to make himself not sleepy just for him to watch her perform. She's so pretty on stage.

"I'm so proud of my baby," he mumbled as his eyes were glued on her.

 

As the musical finished its song list, all of the cast went up on stage and made their grand bow. Flowers were being thrown to the for congratulatory reasons. People stood up and clapped their hands to give the musical a standing ovation. The cast said their thank you messages. Each of them thanked the people who came and watched their production.

"I'd like to thank all of the people who tried their best to watch this wonderful musical," Sooyoung said, smiling and wiping her sweat. "I'd also like to thank a very special person who came to watch me here. Kim Jonghyun, if ever you are here, thank you for coming. Thank you for supporting me. Saranghae," she added, making a heart shape out of her hands.

"I love you too Choi Sooyoung!" he shouted from the back, smiling like an idiot.

 

Jonghyun went backstage to visit her talented girl. The production team passed by him and some of the actors and actresses talked in the middle of the hallway. Not knowing whom to approach, he asked the two girls talking beside a room.

"Uhmm, excuse me?" he shyly asked.

The girls drew their attention to him, who looks a bit lost. "Yes, what do you want?" a girl, who was about in her early 20s, asked him.

"May I ask? Is Choi Sooyoung still here?" he saked, hoping for a good answer.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Sooyoung already left with her co-actors," the other girl frowned. "Well, you must be Kim Jonghyun. Am I right?"

Jonghyun frowned and nodded. She didn't even wait for me.

"It's alright," the early-20s-looking girl patted his shoulder.

Suddenly, the girl remembered something and pulled out something from her bag. "Here. Sooyoung wanted me to give this to you."

Jonghyun took the photo paper from the girl and looked at it. 

 

To: Jonghyunnie ♥

Thanks for supporting me all throughout the musical, babe. ;)
I'm also thankful that you came tonight. Hahahaha!
Cheers to the both of us~ Hwaiting~ I love you ^^ ♥

Signed,
Sooyoung bb :)

 

"Oh, thank you noonas!" he bowed and exited the backstage. You're so cute.

"Thanks for the memories. I'll never forget it," he said, holding onto the photo tightly. When he glanced at his own reflection, he realized that he was already smiling; the ends of his mouth reached his ears already. 

Suddenly, he furrowed his eyebrows and sniffed vigorously. "What's that smell?!"

He squinted in his eyes in disgust and looked around. His eyes landed on the chocolate pancake that looked like a basketball on the pan, which was about to explode soon. My breakfast.


AUTHOR'S NOTES; Chapter 2 is up, y'all! ^^ I'm sorry for the long wait. My mind was blocked during these past few days. =__=

» layout credit