Dance Contest to T.O.P Media

Together With the Fate of Music

 

~Yoon Ji's POV~

 

It was raining outside and I was just finishing up some homework from school. I sat at my desk, looking over my homework for careless mistakes then moving a strand of hair behind my ear. After I double checked my homework I stretched in my chair and sighed. Then my door jerked open.

 

"DONGSAENGGGG!" she yelled as I jerked forward to prevent falling backwards. I looked at her in surprise.

 

"WHAT?" I yelled back at my "sister" who was only a yard away with a frantic look on her face. 

 

"Don't 'what' me," she started, "There's a new k-pop group that just debuted today!!" she exclaimed jumping up and down in my doorway. 

 

"Well of course you'd know that," I said rolling my eyes in my chair then stared back at her to see her impatient look.

 

"Well? Aren't you going to see them?" she asked with her arms crossed. I rolled my eyes again and got up from my chair to say 'I'm coming hold the up.' I placed my homework up in my school bag and walked out the door closing it behind me. I walked to my "sister's" room and saw her staring at her laptop screen.

 

"So?” I called out, which made her turn around so slowly it’s scary, “L-let’s see them.” I admit, I’m creeped.

 

“OH MY GOD GET YOUR OVER HERE AND SIT. DOWN.” She commanded.

 

“…Alright then…” I mumbled and sat down next to her looking at the screen. She was on Youtube and when I read the title it said “Teen Top Clap MV.” I ignored that obvious fact and just watched as they did the choreography and lyrics and must I have to admit I was only impressed with the choreography. After the music video was over, my sister eyed me, just waiting for my reaction. I just looked back at her and shrugged. She just threw her arms up going ‘why.’ I just smiled an eye smile and stuck my tongue out then got up to go back to my room. I picked up my phone and checked for any messages or missed calls.

 

Nope. Nothing. I just placed my phone back on my desk. I set my alarm up with enough time to cook breakfast, shower, and change. I tied my hair in a bun and turned off my lights. I then tackled the bed and turned to the side only to slip into sleep.

 

At 4:30 AM my alarm clock woke me up. I groaned and groggily got up to turn off my alarm. I rubbed my eyes and walked to the bathroom to take a shower after pulling off the rubber band from the bun in my hair. I pulled on a regular white t-shirt and jean shorts that I know fully well that’s “finger-tip length.” I put on a charm bracelet that has a small eighth note charm and a gold heart necklace that my mom gave me. I smiled a little as I gently touched the heart. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel on my head and dropped it in the waste basket and dried my hair with a blow dryer. Since I slept with my hair in a bun, my hair was still a little wavy after the shower. I brushed my hair adding a blue heart clip on the opposite side of my side bang.

 

After getting ready was done, I walked out to the kitchen to make breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast, sausage and pancakes; the normal stereotypical American breakfast. My “sister” walked out into the kitchen in an orange shirt with a butterfly made out of sequins on it, jean shorts, and a butterfly necklace. Her hair’s held back with a lacey headband excluding her bangs.

 

“Unnie, you look really tired, what have you been doing?” I asked her out of curiosity turning my head to the side a bit. She just walked up to me and patted my head well…more like slapping it if she wasn’t tired.

 

“I was thinking…” she said before she yawned, “that we should…do a dance cover and submit it to that… uh… T.O.P Media, yeah that thing,” she mumbled.

 

I just looked at her like she came back drunk. Well, she most certainly did sound drunk, but then she said we’re going to do a dance cover, so I have nothing to say besides, “Wait, what?”

 

“Do I really have to say it again? They set up a contest a day after they debuted,” she said waking up after a bite of her breakfast.

 

“Really? If we have a chance then I guess we should do it,” I said without really thinking about it, but it won’t matter. We’re basically “home” alone. I sat down and ate my breakfast. My parents are somewhere in Asia right now and my Unnie or “sister” took me in. Her name’s Choi Hee Young by the way, sorry for the late introduction of that. We’re in America now and we want to go elsewhere. Unnie’s parents are in Asia with my parents and God knows where that is.

 

After finishing up my breakfast I went back to my room to grab my phone and school bag. After that, Unnie and I headed to our bus stop. We sit next to each other and basically talk to each other until it’s time to go to class. Sadly, we’re in different grades.

 

In class, it’s the normal as ever . Science was first, easily passed. ELA, easily passed. Math, easily passed. Lunch, that it’s the easiest thing ever. Physical education, easily passed. History, easily passed. Time to go home, yeah I’ll do that.

 

I met up with Unnie and we went on the bus together talking about homework which we finished in class and we’re going to double check it at home.

 

“So? Are we going to start dancing today?” my Unnie asked when we got off the bus.

 

“Yeah sure…” I mumbled but she heard it. We walked to our front door and unlocked it, stepping inside the cool air of our “home.” We ate a snack and discussed what song we’re going to cover for.

 

“Ma Boy?” she suggested. I just cringed at the body waves we’re going to have to go through.

 

“…Too many…”

 

“Yeah…” she agreed, “It’s the easiest though…but who the cares. Umm… what about a musical cover: you as the piano player and me as the violin player?”

 

“We’ll do both?” I suggested, “A dance and an instrumental, because the more skills we have, the better chance of getting chosen right?”

 

She nodded, ”Uhh… instrumental mash up…for River Flows in Your Wedding Dress?” I just nodded, it’s a pretty song after all.

 

“And for dance…” I started, “Let’s try the C?” I suggested, “The choreography’s not that bad… it looks simple though.”

 

She grinned at the idea and agreed. After our snack is finished we headed out the door to the dance studio. It was empty so we just went in and started practicing. I was actually right though. It was easy. Hee Young had a little bit of trouble but she figured it out. I took place of the…I think Unnie told me his name was Dancing Boy Changjo or something. She took the place of…L.Joe. His name’s not that hard to remember. After we got it down we saved it to a file. Then we have to do the instrumental. River Flows in Your wedding Dress… easily done actually. We set up the video and sent it. Now… the pressure’s on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay owo Chapter was short, yes. I just needed an introduction for now. The next update will be longer owo I hope... AND LET'S MAKE A DEAL. You comment and subscribe, I update owo I need motivation, guys T^T