Happy for You.

Poems and Other Things.

I'm sorry.

I know that our English teacher told us specifically not to start our sentences like that, but I felt like I should.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for holding you back, being to scared to let go, facing the truth and most of all I'm sorry for not being able to bring myself, back then, to be Happy for You.

I was, like my true self, too scared to let you go, to set you free, to release yourself into the world to find your true soul mate. I was frightened of being alone.

Of being without someone to always depend upon, to call, to talk to, to live for. I was scared of the truth.

I was scared of facing the truth, of knowing that you were'nt meant to be mine, I was scared of having it be a reality instead of just a nightmare, I was scared it would be too much. I was scared of being Happy for You.

I was scared of being Happy for You, because I was scared of finding myself faking the joy and being bitter and cold on the inside, I was scared of being resentful to your true one, I was scared of having to lay awake at night and think about all our happy memories. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I was scared, I'm sorry that I held on for too long, and I'm sorry I hindered your quest.

Though, in saying that, by doing all those things it taught me how to genuinely be Happy for You.


Does this sound familiar?

I feel like I've heard something along the same format before, but I can't remember.

So when I thought of this title and started writing, this came out.

This is one of my other things. I hope you liked it.

P.S. This is a monologue, and I so desperately wish I could read it to you in the correct tone and pause and other important things but you'll just have to go with the flow.

Love y'all,

Evie~