Crumble Away.

Poems and Other Things.

 

What is life, what is water, what is air? Everything I knew  has disappeared and you, you have left me standing here. I don’t know what to think, to feel, let alone what to do, because I don’t know what is real anymore. IEverything I laid my foundation upon has crumbled away, so I’m floating in outer space and I can’t find a way. To get back, to find normal, I can’t find my spaceship. Everything I thought I was to you, is now lying in a ditch. Because I thought you loved me, but I guess that was fake, and I thought we’d be together always, but that was a mistake. And now, now I’m alone. To be single is to be on one’s own. To be wholly you, and not part of me, is something I don’t want, I’m not sure I could be. And while my world falls away under my weight, yours is still solid, who was I to think it could break? And you don’t seem to care, you smile when we meet, you’re platonic and pleasant, warm when we greet. I came to you, because you were steady, I thought you would never break, you had your arms open at the ready. And now they’re closed but for you, has anything changed. The girls may come and go but you stay the same. To you does it matter, now that I’m gone? No, my world may stop, but yours still moves on.

 


I haven't edited it yet. I'm sorry.

Love y'all,

~Evie