Chapter Three

I Can't Like You....Can I?

Meanwhile, Jessica was arriving back at her dorm with Donghae. He entered first and she closed the door, smiling and biting her lip as she thought back to the music room and singing with that boy with the odd hair. Something she's never seen before. It was new, refreshing..... Unique.

 

"Babe, are you okay?" Donghae's voice interupted her thoughts, and she looked up. "Fine." Then she walked to her room. He followed. "You sure? You seem a little out of it. Did that guy at the university do something? Say something? Do I need to talk to him-"

 

Jessica's quiet voice rang in. "Donghae, it's fine. He didn't do anything, I promise." Donghae decided to drop the subject, and leaned down to give her a goodbye kiss.

 

The door was heard opening and closing, indicating her roommate, Tiffany, was back from where ever she was. Donghae was greeted by the black haired girl, and she could hear the eyesmile as Tiffany said 'hello'. There was a silence, then the door opening and closing again.

 

Tiffany went into her own room before coming out and into Jessica's room, switching her language to English. "Gosh! I'm so glad you're my roommate! I die not being able to speak my native and knowing you're from America just makes my day!"

 

Her personality was too much for Jessica, if she could be honest. Being the reserved and quiet person she is, and Tiffany being a very social, bubbly person, it  kind of didn't work out. But they made it work. Tiffany would try to get Jessica out there more and Jessica would tell Tiffany not to be so hyper sometimes. It scares people off.

 

"So, how was your day?" Jessica thought, debating on whether or not to tell her about her encounter with the boy in the music room. She settled on telling her anyway.

 

"Oh my God! Was he cute?" Jessica smiled, nodding her head. "You should have asked him out!" Tiffany clapped her hands together and smiled, but Jessica shook her head. "Nah. Donghae is my boyfriend, remember?"

 

"You should just break up with him. He's not your type, I can tell. And by the way you're talking about this guy, he's your type. Not Donghae. He's my type, not yours." Jessica gave Tiffany a straight face. "Excuse me? Are you telling me to break up with my boyfriend, because apparently he's 'not my type'? He's your type, so are trying to date him yourself?"

 

Tiffany's eyes widened and she shook her head. She once again just spoke without thinking and blabbered on. "No, no. Jessica, that's not what I-" She was cut off. "Get out." Tiffany knew better than to protest, so she got up and left the room, going back to her own.

 

Jessica sighed and made her way to her bed. She lied down and looked up at her ceiling, thoughts of the guy in the music room swirling around in her head. He was handsome, to say the least. He also had a marvellous singing voice, one that could easily put her to sleep. And oh his eyes, though she only managed to glance at them, she was immediately entranced by his chocolate brown orbs that were swimming with warmth.

 

As she thought about him, Tiffany's words echoed loud and clearly in her ears. It made her think, the boy certainly did seem to match her 'type' the more she thought about him. It freaked her out though, what was she doing? She was thinking about another guy for goodness sakes and she already had a boyfriend, a boyfriend she's been loyal to for the past two years. She couldn't betray her boyfriend of two years to a guy she only met for a few minutes. She didn't even know his name! Nor anything about him. Jessica shook her head, she needed to vanish these thoughts about him, they weren't going to do her any good. 

 

Sitting up, she rummaged through her bag for any books that had incomplete work in them. She needed a distraction, and school was always the perfect distraction. After a few more moments of rummaging, she realised that she was up to date with all her school work. Why now of all times didn't she have homework to do? She sighed and lied herself back onto the bed. Might as well sleep for now. Hopefully that'll make the thoughts about the boy go away, and hopefully she'll forget about him the next day.