Tree Of Life

THE MOST ABSURD EXO STORY IN THE HISTORY
Same day, some hours ago, that Morning
 
 
Sehun was terribly grumpy in the mornings. He hated to wake up early and conversations in the mornings were the biggest curse for him and costed him a load of nerves. He loved to sleep till late in the afternoon, get up and watch some TV Shows till dawn or go out and meet his friends. Chill with Unicorn Lay, for example. Unicorn Lay was an absent-minded person, always dreaming and giving people weird advices about life. He was sure he had been raised by unicorns, which is why he had come to the EXO planet in the hope of finding his unicorn parents. That‘s what Lay told Sehun. It made sense to him. Or he could go to Suho's little market... but hey you will get to know them soon enough, don't worry.
 
 
But today Sehun had to wake up early against all his will and whining. His mother ran into his room, dragged him out of bed with no mercy and told him that they had to tell him something important. He sat at the dinner table, his hair in a mess, eyes half closed, trying to get used to the morning light, wearing his favorite green cotton cardigan which was obviously too big for him. 
 
 
 
"WHAT? A BLIND MARRIAGE?!" Sehun spew out the orange juice that he was just about to sip, his jaw dropped low down to his laps. He had just woken up. "Are you kidding me?" He looked over to his mother, who shrugged with her shoulders, and then over to his father, Kris, who didn't even blink with an eye. So, they weren't joking.
 
 
"Wait, wait" Sehun widened his eyes, took a deep breath so as not to burst out in tears any moment "So... we are living in the 21. century, on a goddamn planet called EXO and you are talking about BLIND MARRIAGE?! How old-fashioned are you? There is no way that something like this still exists. I don't even know what that person looks like!" As he noticed his parents' unimpressed expressions he switched over to self-defense, trying to get some sympathy"And how should I be able to feed a family. I mean, I am the laziest person on this planet, I can't even drive a car properly and I don't earn any money and last but sure not least....I have never had a girlfriend before! How can I survive a marriage in this state?!" Sehun stopped and looked at his father, hoping to hear something positive, but Kris still didn't even bat an eye and his face remained unaffected.
 
 
"Don't be stupid" Kris said. hitting Sehun's head. "So what if you see the person before marriage? Does it make any difference?! Look, I dated your mother before marriage, what happened? Nothing..."
 
 
KrisAh choked. "Nothing? You call all this what we had..." but Kris ignored her.
 
 
Sehun shook his head at how stupid this all sounded. "Okay, well then, you go get the girl, I will stay at home. I'm not going anywhere!" Sehun leaned back into the chair and closed his eyes, trying to go back to sleep.
 
 
Kris took a deep breath and swallowed the piece of bread he had just thrown into his mouth. "Well, son" he started to speak "this blind marriage is not like any other ordinary marriage" he looked over to his wife to get an approving nod from her and then continued "It's much more than that. It all happened many many years ago when..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
When the tree of life puked Sehun before Kris' door when he was about to go on his daily routine being a Taxi Chauffeur. Sehun was crying the outta himself as Kris discovered him before his feet. Kris kneeled down to pick up the baby from the ground with his right hand, holding the keys of the car in his left. He inspected the foreign thing he was holding in his hands with care and then found a small note inside of the blanket that the baby was covered in:
 
Come to the Tree Of Life as soon as you pick him up. Don't be late. Don't be a bum. Hurry up, you .
 
So Kris immediately made his way to the Tree Of Life in hope of returning the crying object. But as soon as he arrived, another man with dark hair and pitiful clothing was already standing there, also holding a baby in his hands, looking around confused.
Then Tree Of Life finally spoke "What‘s up, people! You are the two lucky people of my most recent puking! Make sure to raise these babies well. You can't return them. I can't take ‘em back. Lol, have fun" and against all of Kris' will, the Tree shut down.
The foreign man walked over to Kris and put his hand on his shoulder "I guess there is no other way" he said, lowering his gaze. Kris looked at the man and then at the baby that the he was holding, it had cute pink clothes on and had long eyelashes and big eyes that were looking around in all its curiousity and innocence and then over at his own baby and suddenly he could feel an overwhelming love rising from inside of him and he started to cry.
 
"OMG! How could I wish to get rid of this innocent baby. I will make him grow into a handsome, hard-working man! You know what, I guess this is[...] fate." he said, inbetween his sobbing, and turned to the man. They had just met, but this was crazy, Kris thought. "Let's not seperate these babies of born of a miracle. See, how innocently they look at each other, they are destined. Let's promise to get them married one day...."
So they shook hands and the promise was made. And everyone returned home happily.
END
 
 
 
Sehun hit his head against the dinner table, before he finally planted his face right into his plate, and whined loudly, cursing his parents under his breath for doing something this stupid and discriminating to him. He was about to go mentally crazy. "You are kidding, yeah? Yeah???" Sehun kept whining, glaring up at Kris, half of his dinner sticking on his face, like a kid throwing a tantrum.
 
Kris looked at his son, took a slow sip of his coffee, "Well...."  leaned back in his chair, looked over to his wife and then back to Sehun "No. Not really."
 
 
Sehun left the hairdresser after he got his new bowl haircut, feeling like a mushroom (his mother forced him to do so "Make sure you look like an Idol tonight") and he made his way to the forest to find Lay and tell him about his situation.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lay was in the middle of his spiritual routine; his eyes closed, humming a melody while doing ridiculously odd looking moves (just imagine someone dancing to Gee by SNSD in slowmotion and with exaggerated, wide moves keeping a serious expression). They must be arriving soon, he told himself, I can feel it in the air. His humming got louder and louder as a gust of wind blew his way...Today is the day of the change. It comes closer.. 
 
 
 
He abruptly stopped and opened his eyes as he heard a noise. Eyes wide open, he looked around. Left and right, right and left, back and forth... left again and then he hid himself behind the first tree that came into his view. Lay was trying not to gasp for air, too unbelievably nervous he was right now and any unwanted noise would scare his long awaited visitors away. His excitement rose up to his throat and he focused his eyes in the direction from which the noise came from.
 
 
"Lay" a voice said "Are you here?"
 
 
"WELCOMEEE!!!" Sehun jumped about a mile as Lay spinned around, catching invisible things in the air and suddenly stood before him, glanced at his friend with wide eyes, but then shrugged his shoulders and rapidly let himself fall down to the ground cross-legged "Oh it's you" he said disappointed lowering his head "I thought the Unicorns arrived..."
 
 
Sehun looked down to his friend, his heart still beating fast from the shock, but he was slightly relieved that Lay was wearing something, even though it was just green leggins that made him look like Peter Pan. When he first met Lay, he was doing his spiritual routines totally , like -, which almost blinded Sehun, totally lost in the forest. Lay was looking for Unicorns and he had the strong belief that he would attract them more being . He was sure that he was raised by the Unicorns and that his own "horn" had grown at the wrong part of his body..... (if you know what I mean). But Sehun and the others were able to persuade him to at least wear something when he was not doing his spiritual stuff. 
Sehun slowly sat down next to his friend as his heart rate had decreased a little "How you doing?" he asked, unsure. 
 
 
 
"Hmm" Lay mumbled without looking up and his gaze glued to the ground.
 
 
"Hmm?" Sehun repeated.
 
 
Lay groaned in frustration and glared at Sehun and then he rapidly stood up again, raised his arms high "You know, I had this one vision" he started to talk, more to himself than to Sehun, and walked back and forth, raising his voice as he spoke "that I was riding an Unicorn. And the sky was purple, and the ground was blue. While I was riding the Unicorn the world started to melt... just like that." Lay started to smile with his eyes closed as though he remembered something beautiful and then his expression changed again "Then a voice said; something going to happen. It will change everything... I said, how, he said, don't know... I said, but why, he said, you'll find out!.. and then everything got blurry and my Unicorn was gone and.... well...at the end, nothing happened" he sighed and let himself fall down to the ground again, looking at Sehun with a do-you-understand-what-I-am-trying-to-say gaze and Sehun just nodded totally out of place trying to catch up what Lay just said and then felt stupid to even listen to his friends absurd, nonsense visions.
 
 
"I'm going to marry..." Sehun said after a while, remembering the conversation from the morning and the real reason why he came to visit Lay. He told Lay everything about what his parents told him about the "destined love" while Lay listened to him unblinkingly, looking like he was gonna pass out any moment.
Sehun sighed "What am I gonna do now?"
 
 
"Well" Lay said convinced, then stopped for a moment and looked to the distance with a straight face to listen to the sound of the...silence...as if he was trying to hear something, then he continued "In this case, we have to kidnap and.... kill her! - Do you want some....weed?"
Sehun sighed even louder feeling more subdued and stupid to ask Lay for advice in the first place... Did he really excepted him to come up with something that made sense?
 
 
BACK TO NOW (Luhan's House)
 
 
Sehun's world had just stopped turning, even the buffalos stopped to roll. A feeling that he never knew before had captured his whole body. Nothing mattered, not the people around him fighting and arguing, nothing but the beautiful person standing in front of him with a wide-eyed, innocent expression, looking at him inquiringly with his big shiny eyes and long eyelashes, holding a stuffed animal tightly in his arms. Was maybe this what Lay was talking about, because he really felt like his world was melting right now... why couldn't he just grab his wrist and run away with him to unknown places... 
 
 
 
Kris grabbed Sehun's arm and dragged him out of the room still trying to argue with Chen, as he turned around again and again "This person is not even a girl, what is he?!" he said under his breath.
 
 
Chen pushed Kris, both hands on his back, out of his house "Go, go, go... your son is not worthy enough to even breath the same air as my princess son!" 
Till Sehun got in the car, with force, he couldn't move his eyes away from Luhan that was standing by the door and watching what was happening confused... Wait for me my love, Sehun thought, your prince will come and get you soon...
 
 
It was long after midnight and Sehun could not close an eye. He was sitting in the living room by the big window,the only light source was the moon giving the whole thing a mellow ambience, all his thoughts were by Luhan, by his innocent expression, by his heart shaped lips and his soft skin and angelic voice, and his goldish hair "Luhaaaaaaaaaan, I'm so sorry but I love you..." Sehun sang mournfully, almost crying, by the thoughts being dragged away from the love of his life, his heart ached...
 
 
Suddenly his father, Kris, appeared by the door. "You can't sleep eh?" he said, walked over to his son, sit at the chair next to him and mustered him.
 
 
"I couldn't fall asleep..." Sehun answered, without looking up, his gaze glued to his laps.
 
 
"I didn't know you were gay?" Kris said bluntly.
 
 
Sehun just sighed. Okay wrong way to start the conversation, Kris thought, let's try again.
 
 
"Well..." Kris coughed trying to not say anything wrong this time, giving his son brief gazes. Was he now literally going crazy?  "you are young.... you can find a better person... than this.... well.... boy"
 
 
Silence. Sehun looked out of the window. Luhan was not like any other person, he was different. He was like the sun in the darkness, water in the desert and.... excitement in Sehun's bored heart. He was the apple of his eye. (Yes he had only seen him once but it was enough to tell he was...)
 
 
"No" Sehun said slowly, shaking his head "this is different....this time....how should I explain.... it's like..." he hit against his chest, head leaned to the side, and a heartbreaking melody starts to play in the far distance "my heart burns, deep inside, it burns..." He said as he leans deep in his chair, pressing his eyes close in pain.
 
 
Kris looked at Sehun.... he just wanted to tell him how retarded he just looked and that he probably lost his mind and that he should just shut up and go to sleep..but then he looked more carefully at his one and only son. He looked at him. Again. Again. Again he looked at his son being in obviously in great pain. He narrowed his eyes to think of what he should say, put his hand on Sehun's shoulder, took a deep breath, coughed, a small tear formed in his eyeball (not really)... he coughed again....
 
 
The heartbreaking melody from afar got louder and put everything in slow-motion...
 
 
"It will burn, I know. It will burn and burn and burn...One day a person crosses your life and turns everything upside down... And then you can't find the right words to say, fail at saying anything at all...you can't even think straight anymore and your whole life will revolve around this one person." Kris looked in the distance as he tried to remember something from the past, trying to catch it with his fingers and Sehun just listened "and even if that person is next to you, you get afraid of being left alone one day... you can't even kiss or touch that person that's how nervous you get... and everytime you think of that person... the left side of your chest starts to hurt but you can't even cry... it‘s something like this...." Kris stopped, still looking into the distance, totally lost in his own thoughts. I swear he looked like he was gonna cry, no idea what was going on his mind, he spoke all this words with his eyes closed, deep voice, taking some pauses... ah Kris, you are weird.
 
 
Sehun looked at Kris, impressed,  "Wow, Dad" he said, trying to catch up "You have been hiding such a passionate love towards my mother eh....I never knew this"
 
 
Kris lifted his head up, the heartbreaking melody abruptly stopped, eyes wide and unfocused as if someone had just called him back to reality after he had lost himself in his memories, he stared at Sehun "What mother?" 
 
 
 
Sehun raised up his eyebrows, confused "Weren't you just talking about-"
 
 
Kris stood up suddenly, irritated, trying to come up with something to say but failed .
 
 
"Well this..." But then he was like "( pleaseeee, I was not talking about your mother, I got forced to marry this crazy woman - he didn't actually say this) Holy Ring Ding Dong, Don't be a jerk" Kris looked around irritated " and Go to bed!" and marched away while mumbling stuff under his breath that Sehun couldn't understand.
 
 
What was wrong with him? 
 
 
 
Sehun sure was surrounded by weird people, having a hard time to tell what was going on in their minds. How could his father go from being a love-poet to his awkwardly irate self. But that was Kris, that was totally him, you never knew when he will burst out... but he had a kind heart, that was for sure... and a face like no other.
 
 
But this was only the very beginning of what the Tree Of Life had planned.... Soon a new world for Sehun would open up... and maybe MAMA would return... only time could tell.

 

 

note: oh dear god how many times i tried to post the chapter 03 is ridicilous. first it didnt work cause asianfanfics server was goin crazy. then my story didnt copy right... parts were missing and like that lol. but here it is now! FINALLY!!!! this is the end version i swear. in the next chapters more EXO members will appear like Kai, Chanyeol, Tao, Suho, Bacon and there will be a lot more HunHan and even KaiLu.... a love triangle maybe? loool