JEESU: “I promise you, I’ll make you happy... forever and always...”

Destination: LOVE

 

Jeesu his dry lips, wondering how on Earth he was going to converse with the pretty florist. He wasn’t supposed to make himself known, but he couldn't help taking off his hat and flashing her a big smile. She was beautiful. Her dirty blond hair was curly and ended just nicely on her shoulders, her blue eyes making him weak in the knees. What was wrong with him? He was supposed to come here because Inati nagged him to buy something for their hair stylist and now he found it suddenly hard to find his voice? That was not like him, not at all...

He browsed through the flowers casually, his eyes straying towards her every now and then. He watched as she interacted with an old lady, her laughter ringing in his ears. Her fluent Korean surprised him, and he unconsciously breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't know how to talk to her if she couldn't speak Korean...

“May I help you?”

He jumped literally a foot in the air before he turned his head slowly to his right, his heart thumping loudly in his chest. He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak, praying that his voice sounds alright.

“Ahh... Uhh, I need flowers.”

She giggled at his statement, raised her eyebrow, and waved her hand around the small shop. “Well, you’ve come to the right place!” She replied, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

Jeesu blushed in embarrassment and shifted his gaze away, desperately searching for the flowers Inati had asked him to buy. His eyes brightened when he caught sight of the white lilies towards the front of the shop. “There, those flowers. Can you give me one bouquet?”

She smiled at him before making her way towards the lilies, Jessu getting a whiff of her vanilla scented hair. He bit his lip to suppress the laugh that was threatening to escape his lips. He was crazy, he just knew it. Why would he suddenly feel like laughing for no reason?

“Do you have a name?” He suddenly blurted out.

“Everybody has a name.” She replied with another smile.

“Uhh...”

“I’m Elizabeth.” She said to him over her shoulder. “I’m from UK, just in case you’re wondering.”

“Your Korean’s good.” Jeesu complimented.

She laughed, the sound of it catching him by surprise once again. “I studied like crazy. I told my mom I wanted to marry a Korean and in order for me to do that, I needed to learn the language. She wouldn’t believe me. She told me I’d give up even before I started... And I proved her wrong.” She said with a dazzling smile. “I can’t stand it when people challenge me.”

Jeesu stared in admiration at Elizabeth. He could practically see her courage shining through. This was someone he could spend the rest of his life with. Korean girls are too timid, too shy for his liking. It wasn’t anything bad, but he found that they could never keep the conversation going, and he was a big talker. With Elizabeth, he knew he could discuss about anything and everything with her. The problem is... how was he to tell her he was interested in her without sounding too... shameless?

“Here you go err... sorry, I didn't get your name.” Elizabeth said, handing him the bouquet that she had just wrapped for him.

“Jeesu. My name’s Jeesu.”

“Right. Here you go Jeesu’s sshi.” Elizabeth grinned. “So, if you don't mind me asking, who’s it for? She must be one lucky lady.”

Jeesu waved his hand nonchalantly. Should he say that it was for his hair stylist? No, then she would know he was famous. And he didn't want that information to taint whatever innocent image she had of him. “Nobody special, if that’s what you meant. Just my noona.”

“Ohhh... I see. Did you know that white lilies symbolize love, respect and devotion? You must really love your noona.” Elizabeth replied.

“Maybe I should get a bouquet for you.” Jeesu blurted without thinking.

“Sorry what?” Elizabeth furrowed her brow.

Jeesu inwardly cursed himself and shook his head, flashing her a sheepish smile. “Nothing uhh... I should go. It was nice meeting Elizabeth sshi.”

Elizabeth nodded her head. “It was nice to meet you. Maybe we can meet again next time.”

“Oh, I hope so.”

~~~

“Where the hell have you been man?” Inati bellowed as soon as he got back.

“Bathroom. Sorry hyung.” Jeesu said apologetically.

“We have to go on stage in 5 minutes and you just had to give me a heart attack didn't you?” Inati said disapprovingly.

“Miahn...” Jeesu replied, not sounding sorry at all. He turned away after Inati left and noticed Youngwon staring at him. He sighed as Youngwon made his way over.

“You lied.” Youngwon accused him.

“Aniyo Youngwon ahh... I really did go to the bathroom.” Jeesu said almost convincingly.

Youngwon narrowed his eyes at him. “You went to that flower shop across the street.”

“What? No!”

Youngwon scoffed. “C’mon Jeesu. You wouldn’t stop talking about her as soon as you came back that day. And when you heard we were performing here today, your look of pure joy did not go unnoticed by me.”

“Ok yes, I went there!” Jeesu said, finally giving up. “But I didn't talk to her or anything... Just watched her from outside.”

“Hyung, that’s freaky.” Daniel said, joining in on their conversation. “If you like her, just talk to her.”

“It’s not that easy Daniel ah... I don't think she even remembers me.” Jeesu said, sounding slightly disappointed.

Daniel slapped his shoulder. “You never know if you don't talk to her. C’mon, let’s go perform now. We’ll think of some excuse to tell hyung later. You can’t just sneak out. He’ll kill you.”

~~~

“You wanna go where?” Inati asked sharply.

“Uhh... hyung I...” Jeesu stuttered.

“We have another schedule to go to!”

“But uhh.. I was thinking... that maybe, we should buy something for Jo noona...” Jeesu said, wondering where the lie came from.

“Why do you want to buy flowers for my girlfriend?” Inati furrowed his brow in confusion.

“But... you’ve been so busy you hardly had time to go see her. So I was thinking, that maybe you can give her the flowers, and go for dinner or something tonight. I’ll buy the flowers for you.” Jeesu replied quickly. He was surprised with how well the lie came out, being as spontaneous as it was.

Inati stared long and hard at him before he suddenly burst into laughter. Jeesu looked at him in shock and cleared his throat. “Hyung, are you ok?”

“Tell me something Jeesu yah, who taught you to lie?” Inati asked with a raised of his eyebrow.

“I...”

“I know you want to go see that pretty florist across the street.” Inati cut in. He stood up and looked at his watch. “You have exactly 10 minutes before I tell our driver to leave. So if you wanna see her, you better go now.”

Jeesu grinned at his eldest hyung, and wrapped his arms tightly around him. “Thank you hyung! Don’t worry! I’ll be back before you know it!”

“Yah! I still want that flowers for Jo!” Inati yelled to his already retreating back. “And it’s on you!”

~~~

He stopped short in front of the door, wondering how he was going to greet her. At least there was a reason for him to be there... He took a deep breath, the hand that was pushing the door open shaking uncontrollably. He scoffed at his lack of confidence. Where was it when he needed it most?

“You!” He heard her say as soon as he stepped in.

Jeesu looked around, and upon finding no one else in the shop besides them, relaxed instantly. “You remember me?”

“Why didn't you tell me you’re famous?” Elizabeth gushed.

Jeesu frowned. “How did you know that?”

“I went to the show just now. I saw you performed!” She said excitedly.

“Oh... well, erm... does it matter if I’m famous or not?” Jeesu asked tentatively, almost scared to hear her reply.

She grinned and shook her head. “Well, not at all. But it’s nice to know that I’ve met someone famous.” She replied with a laugh. “So what are you doing here Jeesu’s sshi?”

Jeesu opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water, at a loss of what to say. What should he tell her? That he came to see her? That he’s been thinking about her ever since he saw her? Would that scare her off? He didn't want to scare her... He actually liked her. So how was he to respond to her question without freaking her out?

“Would you please have dinner with me tonight?” He blurted before he could stop himself.

He watched as her eyes widened in shock and mentally cursed himself. Why did he say that so blatantly?

“I uhh...”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you that. I just...”

“No no.” She interrupted him, a smile on her lips. “I’d love to go to dinner with you.”

Jeesu’s face brightened, his eyes twinkling in excitement. “Really? Great. Erm... I’ll pick you up at 8?”

“Yeah... sure.” She nodded her head.

Jeesu flashed her another smile and walked out of the shop, feeling like he owned the world. That was a progress he was not expecting. Well, at least there was something to look forward to tonight, besides playing videogames with Daniel...

~~~

“Oppa, what kind of announcement are you going to make tonight?” Elizabeth enquired.

Jeesu glanced in her direction, a grin on his face. As he fixed his shirt, he watched as she paced about the dressing room, deep in thought. He smiled to himself. How did he manage to get a girl like her? His mind flew back to that dinner date they had 2 years ago. When she stepped out in that bright red dress, his heart literally skipped a beat. There was something about the way she looked that night that took his breath away. And for once in his life, he was left speechless. No girl had ever left him speechless before and he knew right then and there, that this was the girl for him. There was no one else more beautiful or perfect than her...

“Sweetheart...” He said softly.

“Hmm?”

“What do you see in me?”

Elizabeth looked up, and frowned at him. “What do you mean by that?”

Jeesu shrugged. “Well, I’m not funny like Inati hyung, I’m not good looking like Simon hyung. I’m just...”

“You’re just... you.” Elizabeth cut in. She made her way over and wrapped her arms around him. “You’re you. Why do you want to compare yourself with your hyung? You’re perfect just the way you are. I love Jeesu oppa, not Inati or Simon oppa... And besides, you sing far better than either of them...”

Jeesu chuckled at her remark, and caressed her cheek lovingly. “I love you.” He murmured before capturing her lips in a sweet kiss.

“Mmm...” Elizabeth sighed. “I love you too. Now will you tell me what the announcement’s about?”

~~~

“Thank you so much for coming everyone!” Simon shouted to the crowd. “We promise you, we’ll come back stronger and better in our next album. Dalmates, we love you!”

“Wait! Hold on hyung! Before we let our beloved Dalmates go, I have something to say.” Jeesu said with a smile.

Youngwon and Daniel nodded in understanding before going backstage and dragging Elizabeth out to the stage. She stood nervously among the members of Dalmatian before her eyes sought Jeesu.

“Oppa, what’s going on?” She shouted over the noise.

Jeesu grabbed her hand and held on it tight before his eyes focused on the crowd once again. “As you all might have known, this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth is from UK, and she’s my girlfriend.”

Almost immediately, the crowd yelled louder than ever. Elizabeth wasn’t sure if they were happy or angry. She wanted to cover her ears but Jeesu was holding onto her hands tightly. She blew at her bangs in confusion. What was going on?

“I met her at a flower shop and we hit it off instantly. I’ve never met anyone quite like her before and truthfully, I was smitten by her the moment I saw her. She was something else entirely...”

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Elizabeth asked over the noise.

Jeesu turned his eyes towards her and smiled. This was it. This was how he always imagined it to be, and there was no perfect moment than now. He knelt down on one knee and took out the black velvet box from his pocket. “Baby, remember you told me that you wanted to marry a Korean? Well, I’m Korean. And will you let me marry you? I love you... and I want to spend the rest of my life with you... Please, marry me.”

Elizabeth clasped in shock, her ears tuning out the loud noise that seemed to rise another decibel. Her eyes saw no one, except the man that was kneeling before her. Her eyes brimmed with unshed tears, her mind already made up. He was a hopeless romantic, and she was a er for him... She nodded her head, the happy tears finally rolling down her cheeks.

“Yes, of course I’ll marry you!” She yelled happily.

Jeesu stood up and placed the ring on her finger, before planting a kiss on her lips. He leaned his forehead against hers, and whispered in her ear. “I promise you, I’ll make you happy... forever and always...”



 

Chapter Posted on: Sept. 24. 2012

HI!! I am soooo sorry this chapter is soooooooooooo late! I'm really really sorry! Been sooo caught up with studies! Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! ^^ And I have Dari's chapter left before I complete this story! Hahaha =D Please enjoy! And don't forget to comment ok? Comments are greatly appreciated! =D thanks guys!