DARI: “All I’m asking for is just one date.”

Destination: LOVE

“Hyuuuuuung!”

“Yah!” Dari yelled, his voice muffled by the enormous thing that attacked him. He tried to stick his face out for a breath of fresh air, but found no free space. There were too many... things crushing the living daylights out of him. He needed air before he completely passed out, and violently pushed them away so he could breathe.

Taking a deep breath, he stared at the happy faces of s. How he missed them... Two years in the military had taken his mind off of some things, but never these guys. He never, for one second, forgot them. He knew they came out with a new album and he knew what they went through to put out that album. All the hardships they endured, all the tears... he knew them all. He remembered how he wished he was them, how he longed to be with them to ease their fears and to help them get through everything... but he was so far away. The military was serious business, and no matter what he thought and wished, there was no way he could escape his service...

He looked at them and grinned. After two years, he was finally released from his military duty and reunited with s. He wanted to get mad drunk with them, but he was scared that he might not remember what happened on this beautiful night and this was one night he did not want to forget...

“Intae hyung! What the hell are we doing in a coffee shop? We should go celebrate!” Daniel whined. “Let’s go clubbing!”

“Aniyo! Are you crazy? We can’t! We have to be fresh tomorrow! We have a press conference remember? We are welcoming Dari back into Dalmatian!” Intae replied, smacking the side of Daniel’s head.

“Aww... but that’s tomorrow. The night is still young!” Daniel retaliated.

Dari laughed and shook his head. “Miahn Daniel ah, I don't plan on getting drunk either tonight... I’ll go get us some coffee.”

He walked to the counter and tapped his finger lightly against the wood, waiting for someone to come get his order. There used to be a girl that worked here, a girl that he had had his eye on long before he entered military. He wondered if she still worked here. He never got her name so he couldn't exactly ask around... All he remembered was that beautiful smile of hers and those big brown eyes...

Something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention and he turned to his right, a hint of a smile on his lips.

He cleared his throat. “Romeo and Juliet? Really? How romantic.”

The owner of the book heaved a loud sigh before putting the book down on the counter, giving Dari the shock of his life. It was the girl he thought he'd never see again... The girl that no matter how hard he tried, had always find her way to the front of his mind, invading his thoughts when sleep refused to come to him at night. It was silly, this infatuation he had for her... He didn't even know her name...

He cleared his throat as her eyes continued to bore into his, and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. What the hell was he supposed to say?

"Yes?" She finally said after what seemed like a lifetime.

He cleared his throat again and tore his eyes away. "I was uhh... wondering if I could get a couple cups of coffee."

He heard her sigh before she jumped from the stool and making her way behind the counter, with Dari watching her hips swayed to her every step. He pressed his hand on his chest and took in a deep breath. Shaking his head, he wondered what was wrong with him. How can a familiar face from two years ago still manage to evoke such feelings in him? And for goodness sake, he didn’t even know her name!

“Here you go.” She said, handing him the coffee he ordered. She proceeded to immediately delve into her book once again, giving him no chance to start a conversation, not that he would know what to say anyway… What he knew for sure though, he absolutely has to know her name…

Saturday Night

“You can’t be serious.”

“Uhh… well… hyung…” Jeesu started nervously. “We are. I mean, tonight is the only free night we have before we make our comeback and the girls have been complaining that we haven’t been spending enough time with them…”

“So you’re telling me that I’m gonna go clubbing… alone?” Dari asked, trying to keep his annoyance in check. “Yah! I thought tonight was supposed to be about us!”

“It still is!” Simon replied hastily. “It’s just that… our girls will be joining us. Miahn hyung, but Dee insisted that she comes with us…”

“So did Jo.” Intae said. He made his way over to Dari and patted his back. “Look, I know why you’re annoyed. But don’t worry man, we’ll find someone for you. I’m sure there’s someone out there for you.”

Dari pursed his lips and made no comment. He didn’t want just anyone; he wanted that girl at the coffee shop. He didn’t know why he never told them about her. Maybe because he didn’t want them to laugh at him, especially Daniel. That boy was a smooth talker, and if he ever found out that his badass ‘ganji rapper’ hyung can’t even get a girl’s name, he’ll never hear the end of it.

2 hours into clubbing and he was already sick to his stomach. He didn’t know what was worse, Intae and Simon’s attempt at pleasing their girls or Daniel’s cheesy lines. Even Jeesu and Youngwon were trying them out with their girls. None of them was paying any attention to him, and here he thought the night was for Dalmatian…

He took one last look at them before making his way to the bar, where he promised himself to drink the night away. Girls were throwing themselves at him from all angles and under any other circumstances, he would’ve gladly accepted any of them but he just couldn’t get that girl out of his head.

“You know, wallowing in self-pity is so sad… especially for a guy.” Someone suddenly said.

He looked up and immediately met the eyes of the speaker, and even in the dim lights, he could see who they belong to. It was that girl, the girl that just refused to leave his mind.

“You!” He blurted out.

She raised her eyebrow at him. “You know me?”

“Uhh yeah. We met at the coffee shop.” Dari replied. This was it; this was his chance to finally get to know her. Will she be as willing as he hoped she would be?

“Uhh ok…” She said with a slight smile.

“You work here?” He asked when he noticed her standing behind the counter. “I thought you work at the coffee shop.”

“Yeah well… Here, there… I’ve worked everywhere.” She replied with a shrug. “I’m sorry but I have to go. My shift’s over for tonight.”

“Wait! Can’t you stay and talk to me for a while? I’ll… buy you a drink.”  Dari said before she could leave. He sounded a tad bit desperate to his ears but he couldn’t care less. It bothers him that Simon, who was a few years younger than him, was already engaged while he was still… single. Quite frankly, he just couldn’t see the sense in that…

“Sorry, I don’t drink. And I have something to do in the morning so I really gotta go. Maybe I’ll see you around.” She replied and quickly walked away before he could stop her again.

He watched as she dashed away and heaved a loud sigh. There goes his chance… When was he ever going to get to know her?

Tuesday Morning

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Youngwon said when he saw Dari lounging on the sofa.

Dari groaned. “Does it have to be so early in the morning?”

“Hyung, it’s already 10.” Youngwon said and took the seat next to Dari. “You know that girl from the coffee shop? Do you know her or something?”

At the mention of the coffee shop girl, Dari sat up straight and focused his attention on Youngwon. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, you guys sorta talked at the coffee shop and at the club. I saw it hyung.” Youngwon stated. “When you went to the bar, she stared at you for a whole 5 minutes before she opened to speak to you.”

“Really?” Dari said, practically beaming at him. Maybe there was hope after all…

Youngwon nodded his head enthusiastically. “Yup. What were you guys talking about at the club? Hey, maybe she was your fan… but it sure was strange the way she reacted to you.”

“It sure is.” Dari replied before quickly putting his jacket on. “Youngwon, tell Intae hyung I’ll meet you guys at the radio station ok? I need to go out for a while.”

“Hyung, where are you going?” Youngwon shouted as he slammed the door shut. His destination was her… Now where in the world would she be?

He sighed for the umpteenth time. She was nowhere to be found. He had gone to the coffee shop three times but she wasn’t there. So where could she be? He walked along the pavement, lost in his thoughts when a movement caught his eye. Looking up, he noticed that he was beside a kindergarten, and the movement that caught his eye was coming from inside one of the rooms. He peered into the window and almost yelled in delight when his eyes caught sight of her. It wouldn’t do to barge into the room, so he decided to wait outside the building for her. He leaned against the wall and beamed. He would not let her go this time.

He didn’t have to wait long before she finally emerged from the building. He followed her footstep and greeted her. “Hi.”

She spun on her heels and frowned when she saw him. “Should I be afraid? Do I need a restraining order against you now or something?”

Dari chuckled and shook his head. “Go out with me.” He said as frankly as he could. There was no point in beating around the bush any longer…

“And I thought I made it clear at the club that night that I don’t want to.” She replied quickly.

“Ahh… the club.” He said. “Well, I don’t think the children’s parents are gonna be very pleased if they know their kids’ teacher is working at a club.”

“Oh… so you’re blackmailing me now? And it’s only during the weekends!”

Dari shrugged. “Well, I didn’t have to if you’d just go out with me. All I’m asking for is just one date.”

She stared at him for a long while before shaking her head. “I can’t. Look, I know who you are before you went to the military and after you came back. I know how famous you are and I just don’t want to be caught up in all these scandals with you.” She huffed.

Dari laughed. “All I’m asking for is just one date.” He repeated. “It’s not like I’m asking you to marry me… Although I don’t think that’d be so bad.” He continued, humor still in his voice.

He watched as the most beautiful color spread across her face and reached over to caress her red cheeks. “C’mon… just one date. I know you like me anyway.”

“I don’t!”

“Really? So if I kiss you right now, you’ll push me away right? Because you don’t like me.” Dari said with a raise of his eyebrow.

“You wouldn’t dare!”

He smirked before planting his lips softly on hers and received a surprise when she closed her eyes and kissed him back. He pulled away when he could no longer think straight and smiled at her flushed face. “So how about it then?”

“Just one date. Saturday 8pm. I’ll wait for you at the coffee shop.” She said before looking away.

“I’ll see you then.” Dari said, his smile still intact. “So before we part ways, please tell me your name…”

She returned his smile with one of her own and waved good-bye. “My name Dari sshi, is…”

 

[FIN]


 

Chapter posted on: Nov. 18. 2012

OMG! This story is long overdue! I am soooooo sorry! But I finally finished it!!! yayyyy! So the reason I never mentioned a name in here is because this chapter is dedicated to two people... so yeah.  enjoy girls! Hahahaha... Thank you to everyone who stuck by me till the end! And thank you to all the comments!!! I love you guys!!! someone asked if i could write DayDay a story as well... I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas as of this moment. and I have a lot of stories to complete! Once I finish the other stories, i might get back to this and write DayDay a story but for now, i'm going to mark this story as complete ok? Sorry! And thank you again!!! ^^