SIMON: “You know you’re the only one for me right?”

Destination: LOVE

 

“Dee, listen to me...” Simon pleaded as he tried to grab hold of her arm. She shoved his hand away and turned towards him furiously.

“Stop it Simon. I’m tired.”

“Please, just let me explain!”

“Explain what Simon?” Dee fumed in anger. She took off her jacket and threw it on the floor, not bothering to properly hang it up. “Explain what? How you forgot about our date? How you were out with someone else? What? What do you want to explain to me?”

Simon sighed in frustration. “It’s not like that Dee. That girl was just...”

“What?” Dee cut in sharply. “Part of your schedule? Your stylist? Was that who she was? Because it spread like wildfire on the fan-cafe. All the dalmates were speculating.”

“You know you’re the only one for me right?”

“No, I don't. And quite frankly, I don't think you believe that either.” Dee scowled.

“What do you mean?”

“What do I mean?” Dee asked, raising her eyebrow at him, her arms crossed in front of her chest. “You stood me up five times this week! No, listen. I understand you’re busy with ER promotion and all but you could’ve texted me! It doesn’t take that long to send a text! But no, you let me sit there, alone for 4 hours thinking that you’re probably stuck in traffic when you’re out having fun with the other members! I feel like such an idiot surrounded by all those other couples! And tonight, you had the nerve to do the same thing again! Don't you remember what tonight is?”

Simon furrowed his brow in confusion. “Tonight... is...”

Dee closed her eyes in disappointment and shook her head. She turned away from him and wiped the tear that rolled down her cheek. “It’s our anniversary Simon. It’s our two year anniversary.”

She felt his hands immediately clasped on her shoulders and his lips at the back of her head. She bit her lip hard to prevent the sob from escaping.

“Baby, I’m so sorry.” He breathed into her ear. “I’m so sorry, I’ve been such a jerk...”

Dee let out a scoff, her head shaking in disbelieve. “You’ve overused that line, you know? You said that to me last time, and probably the time before too...”

“Dee baby...” Simon said, turning her around so he could look into her eyes. “I’m...”

“You know, Daniel called me yesterday, telling me that you guys have finished schedule for the day. You came back 3 hours later. Where did you go?”

“Dee...”

“It’s ok Simon, I don't want to hear it.” Dee said, abruptly cutting him off and making her way towards the bedroom. She took a duffle bag from underneath the bed and stuffed whatever clothes she could find in the closet.

Simon watched in horror from the doorway, and grabbed her hand before she could stuff another shirt into the bag. “What are you doing?” He asked her frantically.

“I... I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry. I can’t keep up with you.”

“No... If this is about my long schedule...”

“It’s not about that.” Dee replied, her eyes flashing with irritation. “You’ve... changed. For starters, you never used to let me wait for you for 4 straight hours. If you had something that needed to be done, you would text me immediately. Now, it’s not like that anymore... I can’t deal with this Simon. I can’t just sit at home and wait for you to come back...”

“What are you saying?” Simon asked, his heart in his throat.

“Let’s... uhh.” Dee said, blinking rapidly and hoping the tears would go away. “Let’s spend some time apart. I’ve depended too much on you. I need some time alone now...”

“Don't leave me please...” Simon pleaded, sounding close to tears himself. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have abandoned you like that. Let me make it up to you...”

“It’s too late oppa. Just let me go.” Dee said. She took one last look at him and fled from the room before he could stop her. As soon as she was outside, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She didn't want him to catch up to her. Images of him swam in her mind and her vision blurred from the unshed tears. When she could no longer breathe, she clutched her shirt and desperately gasped for air. She looked around, feeling scared for the first time. She had no idea where she was... It was too dark for her to see...

She squinted her eyes and saw that there was a park nearby. She made her way over and sat on one of the empty swings, her mind already reeling with thoughts of Simon. She let out a small sob, and cried to her heart’s content. She didn't mean to run away like that. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t in love with him anymore, because she was, and there was no one else she could picture herself with, besides him. She rubbed her arms to protect herself from the cold and delved into the past, the first time she ever met him.

*Flashback*

“You work here?” H asked her in surprise.

She raised her eyebrow at him and pointed at her name tag. “Uhh no. I’m just a random customer making coffee for other customers.”

He chuckled in embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck consciously. “No, it’s just... yesterday you were sitting on that couch by the window, reading a book.”

“Wow... stalker much?” She replied with a smirk.

“Aniyo... Uhh, just give me one coffee, DeeDee sshi.” He said with a shy smile. It was a smile that never left her mind. It was a smile that melted her heart, that still did every time she thought about it. It was a smile that told her it was the start of something new, and undoubtedly beautiful.

Not a couple of days later, they met again, under different circumstances this time. She was sitting on her luggage outside the cafe, blowing at her bangs angrily.

“Whoa, are you ok?” He asked as soon as he approached her.

“Oh...” Dee said, peering at him through her bangs. “It’s you again.”

“What are you doing out here? It’s raining!”

“Thank you so much for stating the obvious. Really, thanks!” Dee said, standing up with her luggage in hand. “Now, if you’ll excuse me...”

“Wait, where are you going?” He called out. “Isn’t it your shift now?”

“Not anymore!” She replied, not bothering to turn around.

“Hold on.” He said when he caught up to her. “Have you been fired? Is that why you’re not working right now?”

“Wow... you really are a stalker!” Dee exclaimed.

“Just answer me DeeDee sshi.”

Dee sighed and rubbed her face wearily. Maybe she was being compelled, whatever it was, she was blurting out the reason the next second, all to a complete stranger. “I gave this poor boy coffee ok? And he didn't have any money so I told him it was on the house. The manager saw and fired me. Such a stuck up I tell you.”

Simon chuckled, his eyes twinkling mischievously. “Ok, but what’s with the luggage?”

“She kicked me out of the apartment as well. It’s strictly for employees.” Dee replied with a roll of her eyes. “Now, I have to look for a cheap motel to stay for the night.”

“Well, you can crash with me, if you don’t mind.” He offered.

Dee looked at him strangely and took a step back. “But I don't even know you!”

“Ahh... right. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Simon.” He replied, sticking his hand out for a shake. “I’m a singer, a rapper, music producer, football player...”

Dee looked at him, impressed. “A singer? Cool... Are you famous?”

“Ahh...” Simon said flustered. “I haven’t debuted. Well, not officially. Erm, you might know me if you’ve heard of MC Mong.”

“Nope, sorry. Never heard of that guy.” Dee shook her head. “I’m quite new here.”

“Figures. Your Korean’s kinda broken.” Simon smirked.

“Thanks for pointing that out. You really a killer for the obvious aren’t you?” Dee said.

Simon chuckled. “Well, what do you say? My place? I won’t try anything funny. I promise.”

Dee raised her eyebrow at him. “Can I trust you?”

He gazed at her for a long time, his bright brown eyes dazzling her before his lips curved into a smile. “Of course.”

*End of Flashback*

Ever since that invitation, she never left the house. Friendship developed, before Simon expressed the desire to take their friendship to the next level. Being in love with him was the best thing she ever experienced. He was so sweet, so caring... There was nothing she wouldn’t do for him. She was there for him when he decided to quit Dalmatian and pursue a solo career. She went with him to Japan so he could continue his studies. Where ever he went, she was there. They were simply inseparable...

But when he decided to return to Dalmatian, everything changed. He moved in with the other members and would always just come back for the weekend. She understood his reason, but she still missed him nonetheless. And when he did come home, it was only just to rest and sleep. She would frequently get angry. She was being selfish, she knew that. He was tired, and preparing for his first ever stage performance took a lot out of him. But that didn't mean he could abandon her like that... She craved his presence like the air she breathed, and she couldn't handle the fact that his side of the bed was often so cold...

Dee rubbed the remaining tears from her eyes. She was being stupid. She obviously still loved him so what was the point of even running away from him? She stood up and brushed her pants. She had to go back. She had been with him through thick and thin, and it wouldn’t do for her to just leave him when he needed her. She needed him. He was the light that guided her through the darkness that enveloped her world, and without him, she might as well be as blind as a bat.

“Well well well... Look who do we have here...” Someone suddenly said, startling her out of her reverie.

Dee looked up, and fear crept in when her eyes caught sight of an old man stumbling towards her. His breath reeked of alcohol and there was a mad look in his eyes. She cleared , and put up a brave front. “W-what do you want?”

“Aww... are you scared baby? Don't be. I’m not going to hurt you.” He cooed as he took hold of her wrist.

“Let me go!” Dee immediately struggled. “Let me go you idiot!” She swung her arms wildly and hit the man right on the jaw.  

He spat the blood out from his mouth and violently wrapped her in his arms. He tried to place his dirty lips on hers, but she turned her head quickly, and continued to struggle in his embrace. She wanted Simon, where was Simon?

“Ahjussi, let her go.”

Dee closed her eyes in relief. She had never felt so glad to hear his voice. She peered over the man’s shoulder and saw Simon standing there, his fists clenched. The expression on his face was murderous, distracting the old man. She took that time to detach herself from him and ran to Simon, wrapping her arms tightly around him, her sobs muffled by his shirt.

“Hey hey... Shh...” Simon breathed soothingly. “It’s ok, I’m here...”

“Oppa he...”

“Baby, I’m right here.” Simon said, caressing her cheek softly. He whispered a few more comforting words before he directed his steely gaze at the old man. “Go home ahjussi.”

“Aww... c’mon boy! Give me back the girl! I was about to have a good time with her too. Can’t you see how much she wanted me?” The old man slurred. Before he could take another step towards them, Simon had him pinned to the ground, his hands around the old man’s throat.

“You dare talk about my girl like that one more time, I swear to God I’ll snap your neck in half.” Simon uttered furiously through gritted teeth. “Now go home ahjussi. Before I do something we both regret.”

Simon watch as the man scrambled to his feet and fled the scene before he could inflict any more harm on him. He looked over his shoulders and saw Dee crouching on the ground, her face in her palms. She was shaking vigorously, and so he wrapped his arms around her and blew at her fingers, hoping to keep them warm.

“What are you doing Dee? Why did you run out on me like that?” He said worriedly.

“I don't know... I don't know oppa. Miahn, I wasn’t thinking.” Dee said, shaking her head.

“Did you really mean that? Were you really planning on leaving me?” Simon asked quietly.

“No! I was just confused...” Dee sobbed. “Oppa, you barely have time for me anymore. I feel... neglected. And I was angry... I was just being... really really stupid.”

“Baby... you don't have to worry about that anymore...” Simon sighed.

She furrowed her brow and focused her confused eyes on him. “What are you talking about?”

Simon smiled at her and pulled out a red velvet box from his pocket. “The reason why I was so busy this week was because of this ring. And the girl that you were talking about was an expert in designing engagement rings. So she helped me design this... for you.”

Dee looked at the ring that was sitting comfortably in the box, her mind blank. She opened and closed like a fish out of water, unsure of what to say.

“I know I’ve been so busy lately. And yes, I suppose I have been abandoning you. But if you marry me, once you say yes, I promise you I’ll make more time for you. You’ve been with me through my ups and downs, there’s no one else I want to share my life with, other than you. You are my world. You always have been. The shock I received when you decided to walk out of my life just now was unbearable; I don't want to ever think about it. So please baby, make me the happiest man and marry me? I love you...” Simon said, wearing the same shy smile that she first saw him with.

Overcame with emotions, Dee did the only thing she knew, and crashed her lips on his. Tears were once again falling freely from her eyes, but they were happy tears. She kissed him until she felt the need for oxygen, and smiled at him after she pulled apart. 

“So, I take that as a yes?” Simon asked teasingly.

“Of course! Oppa, of course I’ll marry you! I never wanted anyone but you. And quite frankly, I can never see myself with anyone other than you. I love you.” Dee said lovingly, before placing another kiss on his lips.

“Let’s go home.” Simon said, taking hold of her hand. “And I swear, if you ever try anything like this again...”

Dee merely laughed and slapped his arm lightly. “I’ll probably bring our kids along with me...”

 


 

Chapter Posted on: Jul. 25. 2012

Yeay! Simon's fic first, because he's my bias and i am in love with him. Hehehe... Hope you guys like this chapter! =D I just couldn't wait to post it! And now I really need some sleep. Next story might be Dari's... don't know yet. ^^ Please enjoy! Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^