Special: Butterflies

♥Prank for Love♥

This is a extra back story!!! Sorry I forgot to say, but the original story Prank for Love has ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal POV:

10 yrs old Ya Lun and Ying Jie are sitting in their favorite field eating their favorite ice-cream.

Ying Jie: Hey, hey, Ya Lun.

Ya Lun: Hm?

Ying Jie: Do you like me?

Ya Lun: No.

Ying Jie: but, I like you lots. (starts to tear up)

Ya Lun: Don’t cry, I don’t like you because I love you! (smiles at her)

Ying Jie smiles brightly.

Ying Jie: Me too! I love Ya Lun thisssss much! (makes the biggest circle she can)

Ya Lun: Why a circle? Why not a heart?

Ying Jie: Because some one told me once that, hearts can break, but circles never end! That is why I use a circle!

Ya Lun: Then I love Ying Jie this much more! (tries to make a bigger circle but loses his balance and falls back he drops his ice- cream)

Ying Jie: Hahaha! Ya Lun, you are funny (continues to laugh)

Ya Lun pouts causing Ying Jie to laugh more. Ya Lun can’t help but laugh with her.

Ying Jie: Here! You can share my ice-cream with me. (holds out her ice-cream in front of him)

Ya Lun takes a bite out of it.

Ya Lun: Yummy! You eat too!

Bite by bite they share the ice-cream and enjoy each other’s presence.

Ying Jie: Do you remember, when we first met?

Ya Lun: Yes, I will never ever ever forget.

Ying Jie: Me too.

~Flashback~

6 year old Ying Jie was running though a field that was not too far from her house. It was her secret place, all her own. When she felt sad or really happy she would go there and run with her arms spread out and the wind blowing against her small chubby face and making her ponytails fly back. It made her feel like she was flying, she liked that feeling.

She looked up at the blue sky that had puffy white clouds while she ran carrying her crisp clear laughter with her. Suddenly she ran into something well, more like someone, and fell back. When she opened her eyes again, she saw a boy glaring at her. She got up and apologized, but the boy was still very angry.

Boy: Look what you did! You broke my favorite toy car! I don’t like you, you are stupid!

Ying Jie: I’m sorry. (starts to cry)

The boy saw the girl crying and felt bad. He did not mean to make her cry, but it was the only toy he brought with him from their old house. He did not know what to do.

Boy: Don’t cry, I will get you ice-cream, come with me. (took her hand)

Ying Jie stopped crying and silently let the boy lead her to the ice-cream stand.

Boy: (hands her an ice-cream cone) I did not know what you wanted so I just got you the strawberry, it is the yummiest.

Ying Jie: Thank you! ( ice-cream) YUMMY! (her eyes widen, then her lips part into a big smile.

Boy: (smiles back) I told you. Let’s go. (takes her had again)

Ying Jie: Where?

Boy: Back to the field so we can go home.

Ying Jie: Okay.

He drops her off at where they met, and they both part ways.

~Flashback end~

Ya Lun: I also remember how we became friends after that.

Ying Jie: Mhmm.

~Flashback~

6 year old Ya Lun came out of his new room and went into the living room where his parents are.

Mom: Ya Lun, I want you to meet a girl your age. Her parents are mommy and daddy’s friends and they are our neighbors. I hope you two can be good friends.

Ya Lun: Okay.

Dad: We are going over to their house for dinner now.

The Yan family walks over to their next door neighbor’s house and rang the bell.

Mrs. Wu opened the door and greeted her best friend.

Mrs. Wu: Ah, ___________ it is so nice to see you again. Oh look, Ya Lun grew so much since the last time I saw him.

Mrs. Yan: Ya Lun say hi to auntie.

Ya Lun: Hello, auntie.

Mrs. Wu: Awe, you are too cute! Come in come in, dinner is ready.

The went to the dinning table and got seated.

A little girl came to the table as well.

Girl: Mommy, is that the new friend you told me about?

Mrs. Wu: Yes, sweetie, meet Ya Lun.

Girl: Hello Ya Lun! I am Ying Jie! Ah! You are that boy who gave me ice-cream! We are going to be good friends. (smiles sweetly at him)

Mrs. Yan: Oh really? Ya Lun, how come you never told me you met Ying Jie before?

Ya Lun: You are the girl who broke my car and cries a lot! I don’t want to be friends with you!

Ying Jie: Hmpt! You call me stupid! I don’t want to be friends with a mean person!

They both turn their backs on each other and sat on the opposite ends of the table.

Their parents saw this scene and broke into laughter, leaving Ying Jie and Ya Lun confused.

Parents: You two will be friends in no time.

Both kids: No we won’t! I do not want to be friends!

The glare at each other after noticing they have said the same thing.

Both: Don’t copy me!

They glare at each other some more, and then abruptly turn their heads away.

Both: Hmpt!

Dinner went on and the two families laughed and talked as if they have been living together for the longest time already. Ya Lun and Ying Jie soon forgot about not wanting to be friends. In fact, they seem to be like two peas in a pod.

Ying Jie: I am done eating!

Ya Lun: Me too!

Ying Jie: Come on, Ya Lun, I will show you my room. I am going to my room with Ya Lun okay mom?

Mrs. Wu: Okay.

Ying Jie led Ya Lun to her room and sat down on the bed. She patted the spot next to her and Ya Lun sat.

Ying Jie: Do you want to hear a story? My mommy told it to me.

Ya Lun: Okay.

Ying Jie: Two butterflies were in love.........
One day, they decided to play Hide n Seek....... 

During the play.....
Boy Butterfly - "A small game within us"
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
Boy Butterfly - "The one who sits in this flower tomorrow early in 
the morning.....that one loves the other one more....." 
Girl Butterfly - "OK"

Next morning, the boy butterfly waits for the flower to open so that
he can sit before the girl butterfly does...... 

Finally, the flower opened.....
What did he see.....?????........
The girl butterfly had died inside the flower..... 

She stayed there all night......so that early in the morning......as 
soon as she sees him.......she can fly to him and tell him how much she
loved him........

Ying Jie had tears in rolling down her cheeks by the end of the story even though she was the one who told it. She heard sobbing coming from her right, she turned and saw Ya Lun crying.

Ya Lun: No, the girl butterfly cannot die, the boy will be lonely. I don’t like this story.

Ying Jie: Hahaha, I was like that too when mommy first told me this story, but she says that we can change it ourselves so the butterflies are happy.

Ya Lun: Really?

Ying Jie: Yea! Lets change it together.

Ya Lun: Okay.

The came up with this:

Two butterflies were in love.........
One day, they decided to play Hide n Seek....... 

During the play.....
Boy Butterfly - "A small game within us"
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
Boy Butterfly - "The one who sits in this flower tomorrow early in 
the morning.....that one loves the other one more....." 
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
That night the two butterflies went to the flower to sit so they could already be there when the flower opens. They saw each other and both laughed.

Girl: Were you thinking the same thing I was?

Boy: If you mean, hiding in the flower till morning to tell you how much I love you then yes.

Girl: I love you too! There is no point comparing, because we both love each other so much we do not know what more is.

Boy: Yes. You are right.

So the boy butterfly and girl butterfly realized how much they loved each other and lived happily ever after.

Ying Jie: Yay! We did it Ya Lun! The butterflies are happy. (smiles brightly)

Ya Lun: Let’s be those butterflies Ying Jie, I want to be the butterfly with you.

Ying Jie: Okay! We will be the butterflies!

Later it was time for Ya Lun to leave, but when the parents went up to Ying Jie’s room, they found Ying Jie and Ya Lun cuddled up and fast asleep with smiles on their faces.

Mrs. Yan: (in whispers) Awe, what a cute scene. I don’t want to wake them up.

Mrs. Wu quietly takes a picture of them.

Mrs. Wu: It is okay, Ya Lun can stay here for the night.

Mrs. Yan: Thanks.

Mrs. Wu: No problem, what are best friends for?

The mothers tuck them in gives them a good night kiss and tip toe out of the room.

~Flashback end~

The two finish up their conversation and walks home together, hand in hand.

One week later:

The two are once again at the field were they first met, but this time to part.
Ying Jie: (crying) I have to go far away.

Yan Lun: (also crying): Why? Don’t leave me.

Ying Jie: Do you remember what I told you about the heart and circle?

Ya Lun nods.

Ying Jie: Well, the doctor said, my heart is broken. I have to go to a place called America to fix it.

Ya Lun: Then I am not in your heart anymore?

Ying Jie shakes her head.

Ya Lun: I don’t want that. Don’t move.

He draws a circle around where her heart is, and hugs her.

Ya Lun: Then I am in the circle around your heart.

Ying Jie smiles. She draws a circle around him and gives him a light kiss on his lips.

Ying Jie: Don’t forget me. I am in the circle around you, your soul, and your world.

Ya Lun blushes.

Ya Lun: I won’t I promise.

Ying Jie: I promise that when I come back, I will be strong and happy.

Ya Lun: I promise that when you are back, I will know how to love you so even if you are not strong, I will still love you.

Ying Jie: I love you lots Ya Lun, bye bye.

Ya Lun: No! Not Bye bye! See you Ying Jie!

Ying Jie: See you Ya Lun!

She waves as she walks away. They parted like they will see each other again the next day, with smiles. Just this time they had tears in their eyes.

 

A year later, Ying Jie’s treatment is successful and she is happy and healthy. She wanted to see Ya Lun very badly, but to her confusion, is told to forget him. She pretends to but secretly misses very much. She promises herself to fulfill the promise that she made to him as a reminder of her love for him. So she decides to be a prankster, and renames herself Gui Gui, after meeting the prankster Xiao Gui.

 

At that same time, Ya Lun was anticipating Ying Jie’s return but gets the news that she had not survive her surgery and will never come back. Heartbroken, he vows never to give his love to someone else, but still keep his promise to her. He meets Show Luo and learns to be a player with the name Aaron, to keep the promise.

 

10 years later, Gui Gui has returned to Taiwan with her best friend Xiao Gui. They go to the same University as Aaron and gain a reputation as best pranksters quite quickly. Little did Gui know, Aaron was her Ya Lun, the one who she is looking for. Of course, fate has yet to play a part for their love story this Valentine’s Day, when a prank has an unexpected twist.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed this back story!

I did not make up the butterfly story, I got it off the internet. 

~dramaddict