O5)

Importance of Love and Life

 

“Where is Minhyuk oppa?”

“You said that he’d be here by now.”

“Yookwon-ah, I’m getting impatient of waiting~”

Hee Sung kept whining on and on about the whereabouts of Minhyuk, and Yookwon rolled his eyes with irritation. Every time he answered with an, ‘I don’t know’, Hee Sung throws another annoying question.

“Hi guys, sorry for arriving a bit late,” Minhyuk walked up to the reserved table, as Jae Soo follows behind. “Thank god you’re here!” Yookwon exclaimed, and shook his buddy’s hand. “Oppa!” Hee Sung cheered, and hugs him.

Jae Soo gave the woman an awkward stare, and backs away from Minhyuk.

“Yeah, it’s nice seeing you too,” Minhyuk slightly pushes Hee Sung off of him, and pulls Jae Soo up in front. “This is Kang Jae Soo, my date for tonight,” he introduces, and Yookwon’s eyes widened in shock.

Hee Sung let out a scoff, and sits back down on her seat. Jae Soo sensed that the woman didn’t seem fond of her, but Yookwon immediately shook her hand and introduced himself.

“I am Kim Yookwon, a best friend of Minhyuk’s,” he winked, and Jae Soo giggled. “Nice to meet you,” she gave him a pleasant smile. “Hee Sung,” Minhyuk murmured the immature woman. “I am Hee Sung,” she simply introduces herself, and then sips her wine without shaking Jae Soo’s hand.

Jae Soo glanced at Minhyuk, and he rubs his forehead with irritation.

“Let’s sit!” Yookwon suggested, and Jae Soo nodded her head, whilst Minhyuk followed after. “Have you both ordered yet?” Minhyuk questioned. “Not yet, because we were still waiting on you, oppa,” Hee Sung smiled at him.

“Oh, then we should order. What would you like, Soo?” Minhyuk asked Jae Soo, as he decided to share his menu with her. “Uhmm, I’ve never been here before, so I don’t know what to order,” Jae Soo shyly answers.

“If you like soup, you should get their crab soup! It’s delicious,” Yookwon strongly recommends, and Jae Soo smiled at his recommendation. “Okay then, I’ll take the crab soup,” Jae Soo answered.

“I can get the shrimp pasta too, so we can share. Yeah?” Minhyuk suggests also, and Jae Soo simply nods her head. “I’m here too, you know,” Hee Sung rolls her eyes, as she brushes her curled hair back. “Yeah,” Minhyuk exhaled, and then closes his menu.

“So, how long have you both known each other?” Yookwon clasps his hands together, after the waiter came and took their order and menus. “Ah, we’ve known each other for quite some time now,” Jae Soo answered, after swallowing her water.

“Really? You’re not dating oppa, are you?” Hee Sung raised an eyebrow, whilst she asks this question. “Of course not,” Jae Soo responded with a sheepish smile, as she was feeling uncomfortable.

“Who says we aren’t?” Minhyuk immediately grabs hold of Jae Soo’s hand, as he smirks at Hee Sung and Yookwon. “Hyuk…” Jae Soo whispered, as she tried to pull away. “What?” Yookwon was thrown aback by this, whilst Hee Sung’s jaw dropped.

“We’ve been dating for a while now,” Minhyuk answered with high confidence. “What? You don’t date!” Hee Sung shouted aloud and stood up from her seat, causing the other customers to stare. “Hee Sung, calm down,” Yookwon pulls Hee Sung back down to sit.

“Who says I don’t?” Minhyuk questioned with smirk, and then glances at Jae Soo with a soft smile. “When was this?” Yookwon questioned, as he holds Hee Sung down. “Yeah oppa, when did you date…her?” Hee Sung was furious, and Jae Soo felt the daggers of Hee Sung dashing towards her.

“Minhyuk-ah, it’s—“

“Last month. We’ve dated for a month already, but I decided to keep quiet,” Minhyuk cut off Jae Soo, and smiled at Yookwon.

Yookwon got quiet for some time, and then started chuckling. He knew where Minhyuk was going, and his friend was really a sly fox.

“Ahhh, I see,” Yookwon started to laugh quietly, and Minhyuk chortled. “Took you long enough,” Minhyuk muttered, and Yookwon shook his head. “What’s going on?” Hee Sung questioned, but the guys decided to ignore her.

Jae Soo was confused too, but decided not to question until after dinner. If the woman Hee Sung were going to keep being immature, Jae Soo wouldn’t try to spit out another word.

When dinner arrived, Yookwon started chatting with Jae Soo comfortably. He wanted to get to know the woman, since Minhyuk stated her as his girlfriend. After finding out that Jae Soo is working in the patisserie department of Minhyuk’s, he was interested in tasting her sweets now.

Hee Sung played around with her food, as she wanted to shoot herself from the boredom stories. She disliked Jae Soo dating Minhyuk, as she had crushed on him for years now. Returning back to Seoul, Hee Sung thought that she would get a chance with Minhyuk, but Jae Soo had came and ed her.

“Well, dinner was delightful. Thanks for letting me join,” Jae Soo kept her cool, although she knows how much Hee Sung despite having her there. “Yeah! Next time, we should dine again. You’re really an interesting person. No wonder Minhyuk hyung likes you,” Yookwon complimented, and Jae Soo blushed.

“Minhyuk oppa, let’s go to the bars!” Hee Sung hugs his left arm, as she pushed Jae Soo aside. “Uhmm, I have to send Jae Soo home. You and Yookwon can just go,” Minhyuk replied, as he pulls his arm away from Hee Sung’s grasp.

“But—“

“Bye!” Minhyuk shouts, and then grabs hold of Jae Soo’s hand, as they walked to his car.

Both Minhyuk and Jae Soo were quiet for quite some time, until Jae Soo decided to speak up.

“So why did you lie about us dating?” Jae Soo questioned, and Minhyuk quickly glanced at her. “What? We’re not a real couple?” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo giggled. “Hyuk,” she mumbled, and Minhyuk smiled at her with his cute dimple showing.

“I really like how you call me Hyuk. Since we both have nicknames for each other, aren’t we dating?” Minhyuk kept changing the subject, and Jae Soo gave him a serious stare.

“Okay, okay. I lied, because I wanted Hee Sung to get off my back,” Minhyuk replied. “Why so? She’s a gorgeous lady,” Jae Soo wondered, and Minhyuk laughed half-heartedly. “You’re kidding, right?” He looked at her, and Jae Soo shook her head.

“Hee Sung and I will remain as friends only. I can’t see myself with her, since she’s a bit too childish. If you were with us during high school, it was kind of a total hell,” Minhyuk badmouthed about Hee Sung, and Jae Soo lightly slapped his arm.

“It’s wrong to badmouth someone, Lee Minhyuk,” Jae Soo said, pointing at him. “Okay, mom. I’m sorry,” he , and Jae Soo giggles. “But I can tell that she didn’t seem too fond of me, when you said I was your date,” Jae Soo replied.

“Yeah, Hee Sung is like that. I remember when she made this girl cry back in middle school, because that girl liked me. Man, it was horrible. Jaehyo was the person to warn me about Hee Sung’s motives,” Minhyuk explained.

“Jaehyo as in your assistance Ahn Jaehyo?” Jae Soo questioned. “Yes. He and I go way back,” Minhyuk answered. “Wow, interesting friends you have,” she replied, and Minhyuk cackled.

“Enough about me, what about you?” Minhyuk queried, as he made a right turn to Jae Soo’s place. “What about me?” Jae Soo asks back. “Well,” he breathes uneasily, “about how you and the twins happened?”

Jae Soo nibbles her lower lip, and her hands clenched into fists. Minhyuk saw the state Jae Soo was in, and reached a hand over to relax her. Jae Soo looked up, when Minhyuk placed his right warm hand on top of her left one.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about. I understand,” he gives her a soft smile, and pulls up on the driveway. “Thank you,” Jae Soo then leans over, and pecks Minhyuk on the cheek.

“Y-y-yeah,” Minhyuk stuttered, as he felt a shockwave zoomed inside his body.

Jae Soo then walks out of the car, and up to her apartment. After seeing Jae Soo disappear inside, Minhyuk dialed up Yookwon’s number.

 

“Hello, lover boy! What’s up?” Yookwon teased his buddy, and laughs aloud. “Dude, we need to talk,” Minhyuk’s voice trembled, and Yookwon was confused to hear the tone of his friend’s voice. “Are you alright?” He was concerned. “Meet me at the bars, without Hee Sung,” Minhyuk scheduled, and Yookwon agreed.

“Say what?!” Yookwon accidently spits out his beer, and now wipes his chin with a napkin. “I think I’m falling for her,” Minhyuk repeats again, and a smile appeared on Yookwon’s face.

“I still can’t believe that this is that milf you told me about,” Yookwon gurgled, and Minhyuk punched his buddy. “She’s not a milf!” Minhyuk defended Jae Soo, and Yookwon burst into an audible laughter.

“Yeah, you’re totally into her. Just look at the way you defend her,” Yookwon teased Minhyuk. “Pinch me,” Minhyuk demanded. “What?” Yookwon chuckled. “No, punch me instead!” He ordered, whilst shaking Yookwon.

“Dude, you need to calm your !” Yookwon joked again, and Minhyuk quickly downed his liquor shot. “It’s not wrong to like her, right?” Minhyuk questioned, as he poured himself another shot.

“Why would it be wrong? She’s not married,” Yookwon answered, and laughed. “As a friend, do you think she suit me though?” Minhyuk queried on, and Yookwon was flabbergasted at his friend’s question.

“Are you sure you’re not sick, bud?” Yookwon reached out to touch Minhyuk’s forehead. “I am perfectly fine,” he answered, and then drank his shot of liquor. “Okay, I think you need to calm down on drinking,” Yookwon clearly suggests, as he pulls the alcohol beverage away.

“You didn’t answer my question,” Minhyuk said, and Yookwon raised a brow at him. “Well…” Yookwon paused, as he just met Jae Soo. “Well?” Minhyuk wanted to know. “I guess she does?” He answered question like.

“You guess? Kwon-ah, you can’t guess!” Minhyuk freaked out, and Yookwon pushed his friend off of him. “Minhyuk, calm down! I just met Jae Soo, and I can’t tell right away if she suits you or not. But I will say that she’s a woman you should probably get to know,” Yookwon decided on as an answer.

“You think so?” Minhyuk asked, as he chuckled, just think about Jae Soo. “Yeah,” Yookwon answered with an unsure expression, whilst nodding his head. “Okay,” Minhyuk smiled wholeheartedly, as a tint of pink shade appeared on his cheeks.

“Okay lover boy, let’s get you home,” Yookwon implies, as he softly hits Minhyuk’s back. “Yeah, we should get me home. I have a date with her and her kids tomorrow,” Minhyuk chuckled lightly, and Yookwon rolled his eyes.

“Oh geez,” he mumbled at his friend.

 

“Mommy, does Minhyuk ahjussi have to come with us to the park?” Yoo Jun asked, as Jae Soo dressed her twins. “What’s wrong, Junnie? Do you not like him?” Jae Soo asked her son. “I don’t,” he muttered the truth.

“But I like Minhyuk ahjussi! He’s a very kind man,” Yoo Jin said, as she crossed her arms. “You liking ahjussi doesn’t count in what I’m telling mommy,” Yoo Jun argued with his sister. “You don’t count!” Yoo Jin snapped back.

“Hey, hey, no more arguing, you two. If you both continue on, we’ll just stay home and color,” Jae Soo warned her twins. “But oppa is being mean to ahjussi. Mommy, make oppa stop,” Yoo Jin pouted, as she hung her head back.

“Junnie, if you don’t want to go to the park, you can hang out with Uncle Jiho,” Jae Soo turns to her son, and he lowered his head. “I’m not going to hold his hand like Jinnie,” Yoo Jun crossed his arms, and Jae Soo giggled at her son.

“It’s okay, mommy will hold yours,” Jae Soo replies, and Yoo Jun nodded his head. “Okay,” he muttered in defeat. “Yay, park time!” Yoo Jin cheered, when several knockings came at the door.

“Sup man?” Zico welcomed Minhyuk inside. “Sup,” he greeted Zico back. “A bit of advice, Yoo Jin likes to run everywhere, so keep a good eye on her,” Zico whispered in Minhyuk’s ear. “Alright, thanks man,” Minhyuk replied with a tiny laugh.

“What are you boys mumbling about?” Jae Soo gave Minhyuk and Zico ‘the mom’ look. “Nothing!” They both answered together. “Sure,” she squinted her eyes at Zico, and he just shrugged.

“Minhyuk ahjussi!” Yoo Jin yelled from the hall, as she ran up to the open arms of his. “Hi there, princess!” Minhyuk greeted her with a wide smile. “Mommy, I’m a princess!” Yoo Jin squealed. “Of course you are,” Jae Soo giggled.

“Hey there, little man,” Minhyuk looked at Yoo Jun, who hid behind Jae Soo. “Can we go now?” Yoo Jun asked Jae Soo, not even bothering to greet Minhyuk back. “Yeah, let’s go. The zoo isn’t open all day,” Minhyuk answered, and Jae Soo eyes widened at him.

“The zoo?” Jae Soo asked. “Yeah, I was planning on taking the twins to the zoo instead. Don’t you think it’ll be fun?” Minhyuk questioned back. “Oh, mommy never took us there before,” Yoo Jin was excited. “Okay, I guess so,” Jae Soo was unsure about this, but agreed on going.

“Have fun!” Zico waved at the tiny family. “We will!” Yoo Jin shouted back, and giggled as Minhyuk carried her in his arms.

“So how about it, Junnie? We’re going to the zoo,” Jae Soo asked her son. “Oh, nice,” Yoo Jun didn’t seem at all excited. “I can’t wait to go. Will there be a lot of animals? Will I get to pet them? Do you think I can bring home a tiger?” Yoo Jin bombarded Minhyuk with questions.

“A tiger? Honey, you can’t bring home a tiger. I won’t let you,” Jae Soo answered, and Yoo Jin giggled. “Yeah, I don’t know about bringing home a tiger,” Minhyuk playfully head bumps Yoo Jin, and she laughed cutely.

When the four of them reached the zoo, Yoo Jin quickly leads the way, pulling onto Minhyuk’s hand. Yoo Jun walked in his normal pace, whilst following behind with his mother Jae Soo.

“Mommy, mommy! Look at the pink birdies with long legs!” Yoo Jin excitedly points at the flamingoes. “Oh yeah, they’re very pretty. Don’t you agree, Junnie?” Jae Soo eye smiled at her son, who just simply shrugs.

“Woah, the giraffes have such long necks! They are so tall, and almost touching the sky,” Yoo Jin chats some more. “They can’t touch the sky,” Yoo Jun spat, as he turns his head away. “That’s why I said almost,” Yoo Jin retorted, and Jae Soo sighs in frustrations.

Seeing the situation, Minhyuk then tries to help.

“You pick which animal to see next, Yoo Jun-ssi,” Minhyuk knelt down to the young boy’s height. “No,” Yoo Jun rudely answers, and looks away. “Junnie, you have to be nice,” Jae Soo calmly tells her son.

“Be nice? Are you saying that I am wrong, mommy? I don’t want to be nice to a man, who is taking mommy and Jinnie away from me!” Yoo Jun threw a tantrum, as he wriggles his hand free from Jae Soo.

“Junnie,” Jae Soo tried not to raise her voice at her son. “I miss hanging out with just mommy and Jinnie. I don’t know why ahjussi is a part of us now. I don’t like it! I want to go home!” Yoo Jun was close to tearing up.

“Junnie oppa!” Yoo Jin called to her brother, but he pushed her away from him. “You don’t like me anymore! You and mommy don’t like me anymore!” Yoo Jun cried, as he then sped off from the group.

“Junnie, Junnie-ah! Yoo Jun!” Jae Soo followed her son, and so did Minhyuk and Yoo Jin. “Junnie oppa!” Yoo Jin called to her missing brother. “Yoo Jun-ah!” Jae Soo was searching for her son.

“Let’s split up. In this way, we can find him faster,” Minhyuk decided, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “I’m sorry that today happened like this,” Jae Soo apologized. “It’s not your fault,” he replied, and Jae Soo smiled.

Yoo Jun didn’t know where he had run to, but then he sat on a bench alone and cried. He curled himself into a ball, as he sobbed loudly. The people passing by asked him what’s wrong, but Yoo Jun would just push him away rudely.

“Yoo Jun?” Minhyuk found the little boy crying by the fox pavilion, and Yoo Jun lifted his head up to face the man he disliked. “Go away,” Yoo Jun covered his face again, but Minhyuk walked over by the boy’s side instead.

“I won’t go away until you tell me why you’re sad,” Minhyuk replied, and Yoo Jun looked up at the man. “Because of you…mommy and Jinnie hates me,” he pouted with tears streaming down his face.

“What? Mommy and Jinnie loves you,” Minhyuk said, but Yoo Jun shook his head. “No they don’t! All Jinnie…ever does is…talk about you! Then mommy always listens…to you too!” Yoo Jun spoke in between his cries.

Minhyuk bit his bottom lip, and started to think for a reply.

“Maybe that’s because I’m a good guy,” Minhyuk replied, and Yoo Jun wiped his tears away with his stubby hands. “You’re not a good guy, if you take mommy and Jinnie away from me,” Yoo Jun puckers once more.

“But I haven’t. They still live with you, right?” Minhyuk asked, and Yoo Jun’s sniffles started to soften up a bit. “Yeah, so?” He replied. “Which means, mommy and Jinnie still loves you,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jun turned to look at the older man.

“Do they love me like you say?” Yoo Jun asked. “Of course! If they don’t love you, they wouldn’t have invited you to come along to the zoo. Also, I wanted you and Jinnie to have fun, so I took all you three here,” Minhyuk answered with an assuring smile.

“How about my daddy? Does he love me?” The young boy questioned about his father. “About that,” Minhyuk was unsure of how to answer, “I don’t know, Yoo Jun.”

“Do you know my daddy?” Yoo Jun asked Minhyuk. “I’m sorry, but I wish I did, so you can meet him,” Minhyuk answered. “It’s okay, mommy don’t like talking about him too,” Yoo Jun’s sniffles started to fade away.

“But I can promise you one thing,” Minhyuk spoke up, and Yoo Jun tilts his head at him. “What is it?” The six-year-old boy asked. “I’ll promise to never take mommy and Jinnie away from you, if you and I become friends,” Minhyuk said, sticking up his pinky.

“Really?” Yoo Jun asked. “Yes, really,” he smiled at the young boy. “Then…can you buy me a toy fox first? Mommy never really buys me and Jinnie any toys,” Yoo Jun asks.

“I’ll buy you anything you want, but we mustn’t let mommy know,” Minhyuk whispered, and Yoo Jun laughed a little. “Can we put the toys at your house then?” Yoo Jun asked. “Oh, why?” He was confused at Yoo Jun’s question.

“So mommy won’t know that you bought me and Jinnie toys,” Yoo Jun cleverly answered, and Minhyuk burst out a loud laugh. “Sure, why not? But you do know that you have to come over to my house and play the toys, right?” Minhyuk queried.

“Yes,” Yoo Jun nodded his head. “Okay then, it’s a deal,” Minhyuk answered, and the boys’ pinky swore.

“Yoo Jun-ah!” Jae Soo was relief to have finally found her son. “Mommy!” He opened wide arms to hug his mother. “Ahjussi!” Yoo Jin ran to sit on Minhyuk’s lap. “Don’t ever run away again, you hear me?” Jae Soo told her son.

“Sorry that I was a bad boy, momma. Junnie promise not to run away again,” he then kissed Jae Soo on the cheek, and hugged his mother once more.

‘Thank you.’ Jae Soo mouthed at Minhyuk. ‘No problem.’ He mouthed back with a smile, as he holds onto Yoo Jin.

 

After a long and tired day from the zoo, both the twins Yoo Jun and Yoo Jin slept in the backseat of Minhyuk’s car, with each an animal stuffed toy. Yoo Jun gets a wolf one, whilst Yoo Jin gets the tiger.

“Today must’ve been hard on you,” Minhyuk stirred up a conversation, as he glances at the yawning Jae Soo. “I don’t think I’ve ever been this tired,” Jae Soo replied, and chortled.

“Actually, I didn’t even think that this is how it feels like to be father,” Minhyuk chuckles, as he looks at his rearview mirror and checks on the sleeping kids. “Being a parent isn’t easy,” Jae Soo said, and smiled at her twins, whilst turning her head back.

“Hey, how about you and the twins come hang out at my place tomorrow?” Minhyuk suggests, as he remembered about Yoo Jun’s words. “Will it be alright with your parents?” Jae Soo asked, unsure about the big boss seeing his son and a working mother together.

“It’ll be fine. Plus, you can also teach my mother how to cook, haha!” Minhyuk joked, and Jae Soo gurgled at his diss. “I am going to tell her you said that,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk shrugged.

“I’m taking that as a yes then,” he beamed at her, with his dimple showing again. “Well,” Jae Soo thought for a sec, as she wasn’t too sure. “C’mon, it’ll be fine,” Minhyuk tried convincing her. “Okay then,” she replied with a tiny laugh.

Minhyuk then helped Jae Soo carry the tired twins, as they entered inside the apartment of Jae Soo’s. Zico then helped take Yoo Jin off of Minhyuk’s arms, as the guys carried the sleeping kids to the bedroom.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Minhyuk said, after placing Yoo Jun on his bed. “Thanks for today,” Jae Soo said, and Minhyuk smiled.

Jae Soo entered back inside the bedroom, and tucked her twins in, whilst Zico went to heat up dinner.

“Mommy,” Yoo Jun mumbled tiredly, as he hugs his stuffed animal. “Yes, baby?” Jae Soo brushed his hair back. “I like Minhyuk appa,” the young boy mumbles, and then turns over.

“Minhyuk appa?” Jae Soo whispered under her breath. “He’s a great guy after all,” Yoo Jun muttered once more, before he snores away.



 

SOOOO! HAHAHAHA!

Hi. :)

MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS! <333

I hope you like this update! XDD