O3)

Importance of Love and Life

 

After the short meeting, everyone applauded at their splendid boss Lee Minhyuk. Break time came along quick, and the workers scattered off to lunch.

Jae Soo was walking with Mia and Eun Hyo to the elevator, when she had forgotten about her wallet. Apologizing and making the girls wait for her once they get downstairs, Jae Soo raced back inside the office.

“I’m starving,” Minhyuk murmured, and Jaehyo laughed at his friend. “Excuse me,” Jae Soo said, as she tried to squeeze passed the two gentlemen. Minhyuk looked back, and smirked at the sight of Jae Soo’s legs.

“Those are decent legs,” Minhyuk whispered to Jaehyo’s left ear. Jaehyo chuckled, as he whacked Minhyuk’s head with the folder in his hands. “She’s a mother,” Jaehyo replied, and Minhyuk frowned.

“The good ones are always taken,” he said sadly, as he and Jaehyo continued their walk. “Or maybe just a mom. Kang Jae Soo has been working for the company for over two years now, and I’ve never seen a ring on her finger,” Jaehyo replied, and Minhyuk smiled for hopes.

“If she ain’t got a ring, I still have a chance,” Minhyuk said, as he grinned. “You will play with anyone, huh?” Jaehyo asked, and Minhyuk snorted. “She’s hot, why not?” He answered, and Jaehyo shook his head.

Jae Soo grabbed her wallet, and made her way quickly to the elevator. When she got inside, she saw that she was in there with Minhyuk and Jaehyo. Both men smiled at her, and she did so back.

It was an awkward situation, as Jae Soo has never encountered this before. Meeting her boss, and now being in the same elevator with him, everything was quite interesting.

“It’s uhmm, a pleasure to finally meet you, Chief Lee. I’m Kang Jae Soo,” Jae Soo broke the silence, and Minhyuk looked at her. “Nice to meet you too,” he replied back, and Jae Soo smiled.

The elevator doors opened, and Jae Soo bowed at her boss and his assistance, as they headed out first. Jae Soo leaving after, she ran up to where her friends were, and walked to lunch.

“Find her out for me. I think I’m gaining interest,” Minhyuk told Jaehyo, as he watched Jae Soo smiled with her friends. “I’m on it, sir,” Jaehyo answered.

 

“1, 2, 3—Three mutha en hundred dollars!” Kyung exclaimed, as he and Zico high fived. “I told you that no one can take us down,” Zico said, and kissed the money.

“Here’s $150.00 for you, and the other half for me,” Kyung said, and Zico took his half. “Thank you,” Zico thanked his buddy, as he took the money.

“Hey Zico, how’s Jae Soo doing, by the way?” Kyung asked, and Zico sighed. “She’s overworking herself,” he answered, and slipped his money inside his wallet. “Well, with the money you’re always winning. Why won’t you help her out?” Kyung asked.

Zico thought for a bit, and nodded his head.

“You know, I always do. Well, I try to, but Jae Soo just says that babysitting the twins is good enough,” Zico answered. “I think you should still help her out. Don’t let Jae Soo overwork herself. It’s not very good,” Kyung said, and Zico nods.

“I have to pick up the twins now, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Zico told his friend, and they both shook hands.

When Zico reached the school gates, he saw Ren standing there and waving bye to the children. His heart melted at her beautiful smile, and ran to her post.

“Hello Ren, are the twins still here?” Zico asked. “Oh, a man came to pick them up just minutes ago,” Ren answered, and Zico’s mouth dropped in shock. “A m-m-man?” Zico stuttered. “Is something wrong?” She asked worriedly. “No, nothing’s wrong. Thanks,” he answered, and walked to the restaurant.

“They couldn’t have been far,” Zico mumbled to himself.

Zico kept his eyes out for the twins, as he also set his eyes on this ‘man’ too. It was worrying Zico, as he can feel his hands shaking with hate. He didn’t want this person to be who he’d thought it’d be.

“Ahjumma!” Zico shouted for the kind old lady in her tent house restaurant, as soon as he entered. “Oh, Jiho-ssi. What brings you here?” She asked with a wide smile. “Have the twins dropped by?” Zico asked, and the old lady shook her head.

“No, I haven’t seen them at all,” she answered, and Zico bit his bottom lip worriedly. “Aish, just where could have they gone to?” Zico muttered a question, and then heard familiar laughing voices from behind.

“Thank you for the ice cream, ahjussi,” Yoo Jin thanked Minhyuk, as they entered inside the tent house restaurant. “No problem,” Minhyuk replied with a smile, and Zico turned to face the voices.

“Jinnie, Junnie, where have you both been?” Zico asked in a shocking tone of voice, as he opened arms for the twins. “Uncle!” The twins shouted, and ran to hug their uncle.

“We were with ahjussi,” Yoo Jin answered, and pointed up at Minhyuk. Zico stared at him for a while, and then saw Minhyuk’s hand in front of Zico’s face. “Lee Minhyuk,” he introduced himself. “Woo Jiho,” Zico answered, as he shook hands with the man.

“Ahjumma, we’re leaving now,” Zico told the kind old lady, and she nodded her head. “Uncle Jiho, can ahjussi come along too? He wants to meet mommy,” Yoo Jin asked, as she swung her hand that Zico holds, back and forth.

Zico gave his niece a small smile, and looked at Minhyuk.

“Yoo Jin, ssh!” Yoo Jun shushed his sister. “You shush!” She yelled at her brother. “Jinnie…” Yoo Jun was losing his temper. “Please uncle!” Yoo Jin begged Zico again.

“Okay, okay,” Zico replied, as he smiled at her. “Yay, ahjussi gets to see our house!” Yoo Jin cheered, and ran to hold Minhyuk’s hand. Minhyuk smiled at the little one, and followed Zico to the apartment of the twins.

When they entered inside, Yoo Jin excitedly gave Minhyuk a tour. Minhyuk giggled at her jollily personality, and then settled down in the living room to watch some television after.

Minhyuk searched around the house for family portraits, but found none. Was this mother of theirs, a widow, or possibly a divorced woman instead?

“Uncle, when will mommy be home?” Yoo Jin asked, as she sat by Minhyuk. “She should be home soon,” Zico answered, as he looked at his watch. “She should hurry before ahjussi leaves,” Yoo Jin mumbled.

Zico would take a couple glances at Minhyuk, and then look back at the television. His guts were telling him that this guy isn’t related to who Zico knows, but was scared that this Lee Minhyuk person can still be a decoy.

“So… What kind of business are you in? Seeing your fancy suit and all,” Zico started a conversation with the stranger. “I’m the chief of Lee’s Confectionery,” Minhyuk answered, and Zico’s eyes widened.

‘A CEO?’ Zico thought inside his head.

“What does that word mean? Confectionery,” Yoo Jun asked, as he looked at Minhyuk. “It means business or company,” Minhyuk answered the little boy. “How come it’s called confectionery?” Yoo Jin asked. “Because it substitutes the word,” he answered the little girl.

“I’m home,” Jae Soo said, as she opened the door and walked inside the apartment. “Momma!” The twins shouted excitedly for her. “Hello,” she greeted her twins with a huge smile.

“Jae Soo?” Minhyuk called to her. Jae Soo looked up to the unfamiliar voice, and her eyes widened. “Boss?” She confusedly looked at him. “Boss?” Zico, Yoo Jin, and Yoo Jun confusedly repeated.

“Uhmm… What are you doing here?” Jae Soo asked Minhyuk, and he chuckled as he stood up from his seat. “The twins, it was I who picked them up,” Minhyuk answered, and Jae Soo nodded her head.

“Wow, what a small world,” Zico mumbled, and Jae Soo glared at her cousin. “Zico, take the twins to bathe. I’m going to prepare supper,” she answered, and Zico nodded his head. “C’mon twins,” Zico told the twins, and they both obediently followed their uncle.

“So you’re the mother?” Minhyuk asked, and Jae Soo nodded her head. “Yes, surprised?” Jae Soo answered, and Minhyuk chuckled. “Sorry about yesterday,” Minhyuk apologized, as he scratched his head. “For calling me an ahjumma? It’s fine,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk chortled.

“Well, it’s nice meeting you finally, so I wouldn’t picture an ahjumma,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo laughed at his joke. “Are you leaving then?” She asked, as she saw Minhyuk grabbing his jacket. “Yes,” he answered her.

“No, why don’t you stay for dinner? You did pick up my twins after all,” Jae Soo replied, and Minhyuk thought for a bit and then nods his head. “A dinner meal wouldn’t hurt,” Minhyuk mumbled, and then chatted with Jae Soo as she cooked.

“Ahjussi, you should stay for momma’s food. They are very good,” Yoo Jin said, as she poked her head out of the hallway. “Is that so?” Minhyuk asked, and Yoo Jin cheekily gave him a smile and nod.

“Jinnie, we need to bathe!” Yoo Jun shouted at his sister. “I’m coming!” Yoo Jin yelled back, and Minhyuk laughed along with Jae Soo in the kitchen.

 

“Wow, your duck soup is fabulous,” Minhyuk complimented Jae Soo on her cooking, as he sipped the soup. “Momma’s cooking is always good,” Yoo Jun said, and Minhyuk smiled at the boy.

“You boys are too nice,” Jae Soo said, as she ate her food. “Seriously though, I think you might need to teach my mom how to cook,” Minhyuk replied, and laughter surrounded the tiny dining room.

“That’s a total diss,” Zico said, and Minhyuk shrugged. “My mom is good with her cooking, but it’s not the very best. Trust me, I live with her,” Minhyuk replied, and the adults laughed.

“Momma, can I get more kimchi?” Yoo Jin asked, as she placed her bowl in front of Jae Soo. “Here you go,” Jae Soo used her chopsticks to grab the kimchi, and puts it inside her daughter’s bowl.

Minhyuk observed Jae Soo being the mother that he’d never thought he’d seen, and smiled. She was a whole different person from the office, and he didn’t even expect her to be the mother of the twins.

“So how long have you known our mommy?” Yoo Jun asked, as he looked at Minhyuk. “Oh, I just met her today,” Minhyuk answered with a smile. “But you’re her boss,” Yoo Jun said, and Minhyuk chuckled.

“Well son, sometimes the boss don’t have time to meet their workers everyday,” Jae Soo told her son, and Yoo Jun shrugged. “Then does Minhyuk ahjussi like mommy? She’s a hard worker, right? Ahjussi must like mommy,” Yoo Jin said, and the adults laughed.

“Yes, ahjussi does like mommy. She works really hard for the company,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jin smiled. “When I grow up, can I work there too?” Yoo Jin asked. “What? You said you wanted to work with animals,” Yoo Jun said, and Yoo Jin shook her head.

“I want to be ahjussi’s hard worker like mommy,” Yoo Jin replied, and Jae Soo smiled at her daughter. “Well, you do that. I’m going to be like Uncle Jiho who is hep hap,” Yoo Jun said, as he and Zico high fived.

“Yah, yah,” Jae Soo glared at her cousin. “What? I have to be there for my little guy, right?” Zico asked with a grin, as he ruffled Yoo Jun’s hair. “Hep hap? What’s that?” Minhyuk asked, and Zico laughed.

“It’s Hip Hop, but Yoo Jun can’t pronounce it right and calls it ‘hep hap’. So ever since then, it’s hep hap for us,” Zico answered, and Minhyuk nodded his head. “You rap?” Minhyuk asked, as he looked at Zico. “Why yes,” he answered nodding.

“Nice! You must be a pro,” Minhyuk said, and Zico shrugged. “Depends,” Zico replied, as he took his wallet out. “Which reminds me, Jae Soo-yah, here’s fifty bucks for rent,” Zico said, as he handed the money over to Jae Soo.

“Zico, put it away,” Jae Soo told him, but Zico shook his head. “Take it, it’s yours,” Zico said, as he waved it in Jae Soo’s face. “I don’t want it. Keep it for yourself,” Jae Soo replied, as she started putting away the empty dishes.

“Don’t worry ahjussi, momma and uncle are always like this,” Yoo Jin whispered to Minhyuk, and he nodded his head. “C’mon Jinnie, let’s help momma,” Yoo Jun said, and Yoo Jin obediently listens.

Minhyuk chuckled at the cute twins, and help out too.

“You don’t have to help at all. I’m fine doing it alone,” Jae Soo told Minhyuk, as she grabbed the plates out of his hands. “No need, I am a guest after all,” he replied. “Exactly, so as a guest, you can just sit down,” Jae Soo told him.

“Jae Soo-yah, I don’t care what you say. I’m putting the money in your wallet,” Zico murmured, and walks over to Jae Soo’s purse. “Yah, Woo Jiho!” Jae Soo shouted at her cousin, and Zico rose up her purse.

“Just because you’re tall doesn’t mean that I won’t get my purse back,” Jae Soo said with her arms crossed, and Zico chuckled. “It’s just fifty bucks,” Zico told her, and Jae Soo shook her head.

“Momma, can I wash the dishes?” Yoo Jin asked. “No baby, I’ll come and do it,” Jae Soo answered, as she huffed angrily in defeat, and walked back to the kitchen.

Yoo Jin then pulled Minhyuk to the living room, as she handed him a book. Yoo Jun connected his own puzzle, as he listened to Minhyuk read. Jae Soo watched from the kitchen, as she silently giggled to herself.

She couldn’t believe that her boss was the stranger.

“Okay twins, it’s time for bed,” Jae Soo told her twins. “But momma, Minhyuk ahjussi was just reading to the good part,” Yoo Jin pouted. “Minhyuk ahjussi needs to get home too. We have work tomorrow,” Jae Soo said, and Yoo Jin glanced at Minhyuk.

“Sorry Yoo Jin, but your mommy says you have to sleep. So you have to be a good girl and listen,” Minhyuk told her. “If I be a good girl and listen, can you come back tomorrow?” Yoo Jin asked.

“Yoo Jin-ah, ahjussi has a lot work like mommy. Stop being a baby,” Yoo Jun scolded his sister. “Oppa!” Yoo Jin crossed her arms angrily, and Minhyuk laughed. “Okay, okay, I’ll come tomorrow if mommy lets,” Minhyuk said, as he ruffled Yoo Jin’s hair.

“Okay, ahjussi can come back tomorrow. How about we go to sleep now?” Jae Soo replied, and Yoo Jin cheered. “Yay, ahjussi gets to come back tomorrow!” Yoo Jin jumped on the sofa.

“You’re going to get hurt. Stop jumping and let’s go sleep,” Yoo Jun told her, as he dragged Yoo Jin to their room. “I should get going too,” Minhyuk said, as he got up from the couch.

“Thanks again, boss,” Jae Soo thanked Minhyuk, as she walked him to the door. “No, thank you for a wonderful dinner. I haven’t had any good meals in forever,” Minhyuk replied, and Jae Soo giggled.

“Can I sleep now?” Zico asked, as he walks out of the bathroom. “Yes Zico,” Jae Soo answered from the door, and Minhyuk laughed. “He sleeps on the couch?” Minhyuk asked. “Yep,” Jae Soo answered, and giggled.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Minhyuk said, and Jae Soo nodded.

The two bid goodbyes, and Jae Soo closed the door afterwards. She made her way to check up on the twins, and they were trying their best to sleep. Jae Soo walked to her room, which is next to theirs, and changed out of her working clothes.

“I need a shower,” Jae Soo mumbled to herself, and then grabs her pajamas.

 

Minhyuk reaches home earlier than his parents had thought, and they were both surprised. He greeted them with a smile, and then headed upstairs to his room.

“Is he sick?” Chairman Lee asked his wife, but she shrugged at him.

“Yo, Yookwon,” Minhyuk called his friend. “What’s up? You sound pretty happy,” Yookwon said, as he chortled on the other line. “I guess working at the company isn’t so bad,” Minhyuk replied, and Yookwon laughed louder.

“That’s it? How was your first day?” Yookwon asked. “It went swell. I met a pretty lady,” Minhyuk answered. “No , you get pretty ladies everywhere,” Yookwon sarcastically said, and Minhyuk laughed.

“Anyways dude, Hee Sung wants to meet up. When will you have the time?” Yookwon asked, changing the subject. “Do I have to see her?” Minhyuk asked with annoyance, and Yookwon gurgled.

“C’mon, a little reunion won’t kill you,” Yookwon said, and Minhyuk sighed. “Fine, make it Friday evening,” Minhyuk scheduled, and Yookwon agreed. “Alright then, see you Friday,” Yookwon said, and Minhyuk bid goodbyes with him.

After Minhyuk hung up the phone, a couple knocks came at the door.

“Come in,” Minhyuk said, as he loosened up his tie. “Son, are you okay?” Mrs. Lee asked, as she peeked her head inside her son’s room. “Mom, I’m fine,” Minhyuk answered, and his mother raised an eyebrow at him.

“You’re not sick?” His mother asked. “Mom, you know that my immune system is strong. Why would I get sick?” Minhyuk asked confusedly, and his mom sighed. “You’re home too early, that’s why I thought I’d ask,” Mrs. Lee replied, and Minhyuk chuckled.

“I just had a long day from work. I’m fine,” Minhyuk answered, and Mrs. Lee nodded her head. “How was your first day? Had any fun?” She asked whilst looking at her son. “It was tough, but I think I’ll live,” Minhyuk answered, and Mrs. Lee smiled at him.

“Aigoo, I still can’t believe that you’re so grown up now. I sometimes miss my little Minhyuk,” Mrs, Lee said, as she cupped her son’s cheeks. “Mom, I’m not going anywhere. So I’m still your little Minhyuk,” Minhyuk said, and his mother laughed.

“If you’re hungry, just reheat the food I made for dinner,” Mrs. Lee said, as she was about to head out. “Oh, I had dinner already. I dined with a friend at her place,” Minhyuk replied, and Mrs. Lee looked at him.

“Her?” She asked, raising an eyebrow at him. “Well, she’s more like the worker who works for our company?” Minhyuk said, trying to make sense. “Is she going to be your stable girlfriend?” Mrs. Lee asked, and Minhyuk jerked a laugh.

“Mom, she’s a worker. I helped her a little yesterday by picking up her kids, and she helped made me dinner in repay,” Minhyuk explained. “She’s a married woman?” Mrs. Lee shot another question.

“What? No! You know I’m not that type of guy to mess with another man’s woman,” Minhyuk answered, and Mrs. Lee squinted her eyes at her son. “But she has kids,” Mrs. Lee said. “Well, I don’t quite know about her background. All I know is that she’s living with a pair of twins and her cousin,” Minhyuk replied.

“Oh, this lady friend of yours has twins?” Mrs. Lee asked. “Yes mom, and they’re super adorable. One of them was bullied, and I helped them out. You know how I feel towards bullying, as I was a victim,” Minhyuk said, and Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Well, whatever happens, please be careful. I don’t want our names plastered all over the newspaper and causing a scandal, whereas our son is dating a married woman,” Mrs. Lee said, and Minhyuk laughed.

“Mom, I’m not like that. Besides, we’re just friends. Also, she’s a really good cook, and I might have her teach you,” Minhyuk said, and his mother punched his right arm. “You’re going to teach yourself how to bake then,” Mrs. Lee mumbled, and walked out of Minhyuk’s room.

“The life of mother and son,” Minhyuk mumbled, as he chuckled.

Minhyuk then grabbed his pajamas and a towel, as he headed towards the bathroom for a shower.



 

 

ERRRMAHGERD. I didn't realize that this chapter didn't revive... LOL!

Oh well, uhmm repost then?

SHALL UPDATE THE NEXT ONE, AS IT'S BEING WORKED ON! XDD