O1)

Importance of Love and Life

 

“Good morning, Jae Soo,” her coworkers greeted her. “Morning all,” she greeted them back, as she punched in. “Ready for another crazy day?” A close friend/coworker Mia Kim asked. “Ugh, I can’t wait,” Jae Soo mumbled, and the girls laughed.

“C’mon girls, quit the gossiping,” another coworker told the two, and Jae Soo turned to find her other close friend Cho Eun Hyo there. “Morning to you too,” Jae Soo and Mia greeted her.

“I wish it was more like, ‘goodnight’,” Eun Hyo replied, and her friends looked at her confusedly. “What’s wrong?” Jae Soo asked. “I went out last night to meet up with Jin Young, because he wanted to talk. Hmph, I just couldn’t take it anymore,” Eun Hyo answered.

“How many times have we told you, Eun Hyo? A guy like Jin Young will just use you. Stop listening to him for meet ups. He only comes back to you, because he knows you’ll say yes,” Mia told her friend, and Eun Hyo sighed.

“We stayed up almost all night talking. We’re not officially back together, but you both know how much I love him,” Eun Hyo said, and Jae Soo gently pats Eun Hyo’s shoulder. “How about we have a couple drinks later?” Jae Soo asked, and Eun Hyo nodded her head.

The three ladies walked over to the locker room, as they walked over to their desks.

 

“Yah Minhyuk-ah, you’re a grown adult. Just get it over with, and claim the CEO spot. You’re going to take your father’s place sooner or later,” his friend Kim Yookwon said, as Minhyuk spun around playfully on his chair.

“I’m telling you, dude. Baking is for sissies. Do you want to be a man, or a woman?” Minhyuk asked with annoyance, and Yookwon laughed. “Baking is for everyone. Besides, you’re not the one baking here. You’re selling them, to profit your company. Make yourself rich, so women will love you,” Yookwon answered.

“Nope, I’m not cut for baking. baking cakes and cookies. I rather just have a woman who will cook and clean, as I cut myself some slack and sleep,” Minhyuk replied, and Yookwon shook his head.

“You my friend, need serious help,” Yookwon said, laughing. “I don’t need help, I just want to get away from this,” Minhyuk replied, as he sighs. “You won’t get away from anything that belongs to your father,” his friend told him.

“Like why me? I just don’t get it. I was pushed to go to a university out of country, because my father wanted me to follow his dreams. I have my own dreams too!” Minhyuk explained, and Yookwon passed him a drink.

“Chill dude, you just need another vacation and relax,” Yookwon said, and Minhyuk shook his head in frustration.

 

“Uncle is always on the phone,” Yoo Jin told her twin brother, and he nodded his head. “That is because uncle is a busy man like momma,” Yoo Jun answered. “Oppa, will we be busy when we grow up too?” Yoo Jin asked.

Yoo Jun tilted his head to the side and think for a bit, and shrugged.

“But momma isn’t busy when she comes home from work. Momma doesn’t talk on the phone,” Yoo Jin said, and Yoo Jun looked at his Uncle Zico whose chit chatting away on the phone.

“Maybe momma and uncle have different jobs,” Yoo Jun answered, and Yoo Jin mouthed an ‘O’ at her brother. “Oppa, will we need jobs like momma and uncle?” Yoo Jin asked. “Mm, we need jobs. So we can help momma,” her twin answered, and Yoo Jin smiled.

“Then I can’t wait to grow up. I’m going to buy momma a big house,” Yoo Jin said, as she opened her arms out to a huge circle. “I will buy the pets!” Yoo Jun added, and Yoo Jin nodded her head.

“Okay you two, we’re here,” Zico said, finally hanging up his cellphone, and stopping at the front gates of a kindergarten. “You both be good, and don’t fight. Momma got really mad last time,” Zico told his niece and nephew. “Yeh,” the twins answered.

Zico pats his niece and nephew’s back, as he watched them enter inside the gates. Sighing to himself, he smiled at the adorable twins.

“Morning Zico,” a woman greeted him, and he hastily turned to his right side. “Ji Ren-ssi,” Zico choked on his spit, as he soon started coughing.

Ji Ren giggled at him, and bowed. Zico bowed back also, and moved aside for her to get in.

“This is why I love taking the twins to school,” Zico muttered to himself, as he placed a hand over his chest.

 

“Chief Lee Minhyuk won’t be joining us again today, as we don’t know when he will. But, we will go over the new products that came in,” the assistance of Lee Minhyunk’s, Ahn Jaehyo announced, as he had two employees bring out the beautifully decorated cakes.

“The first one I would like you all to try, is the lemon torte, with raspberry crème,” Jaehyo instructed, and the employees nodded their heads.

“Woah, it’s too lemony for me, and you can’t even taste the raspberry,” one male worker gave out his opinion. “I actually like it, but the mousse might be too much,” a female said.

“Okay, try the next one,” Jaehyo said, having the employees try the different cakes.

One by one, everyone would take a bite, and the taste of these cakes seemed either awful, or tasty, but won’t be sellable. Jaehyo then called break time for everyone, as he quickly calls Minhyuk to swing by.

“Just come over, you here? You’re part of this now,” Jaehyo talked on the phone with Minhyuk. “I said that I’m not joining you guys ever. Jaehyo, you’re into the business, right? Have my dad make you chief. Vice president is even better,” Minhyuk answered, and Jaehyo sighed in frustration.

“If you don’t get your here, I’ll drive to Yookwon’s place and drag your out of there. Come to the confectionery now!” Jaehyo yelled, and then walked out of the office of Minhyuk’s.

“I heard that the new CEO has a face of an angel, but heart of a devil,” Mia gossiped to her friends, and Jae Soo rolled her eyes. “Yah, you haven’t even met him before. Don’t start rumors now,” Jae Soo said.

“I didn’t start it. Worker Ju Min was bringing files to the chairman’s office one day, and overheard a loud argument. She even saw the face of this CEO. Imagine if he comes to take over. We’ll all just be doomed,” Mia explained, and Jae Soo shook her head.

“Maybe it was just at a wrong time,” Eun Hyo said, and Mia shrugged. “Maybe, I don’t know,” Mia replied, and Jae Soo sighed.

“Besides, how are the twins?” Mia asked, and sipped her coffee. “Oh, they’re growing up,” Jae Soo answered with a huge smile. “I can’t wait to have my own kids,” Eun Hyo said, and the girls laughed.

“It’s quite complicated, but very nice,” Jae Soo said, as she looked at her cellphone screen. “Yah, you’re still not hung over about the father, right?” Mia asked, and Jae Soo heaved a sigh. “He’s the one who chose to leave. It’s okay, Junnie and Jinnie don’t need him,” Jae Soo answered, and the girls high fived her.

 

“Just go to the office for once. You acted as if you’ve never been there before,” Yookwon told Minhyuk. “I know, I’m going to have to too. With Jaehyo chasing after my too. I’ll just see you later,” Minhyuk said, and bid goodbyes with Yookwon.

When he reached outside of the company, Minhyuk walked to find Jaehyo in the canteen. Jaehyo sent Minhyuk a couple of death glares, and then hands over a folder to him.

“Do you have a sweet tooth?” Jaehyo asked, and Minhyuk shrugged. “Does it matter? I’m going to eat these sweet things anyways,” Minhyuk answered, his assistance chuckled.

“Now that you’re here, you can probably make the ladies work harder,” Jaehyo joked, and Minhyuk laughed. “I doubt that there are any good looking ladies in here,” he replied, as he looked through the files.

“We’ve actually gotten a couple of nice legs working,” Jaehyo said, and Minhyuk looked up at his friend. “I like nice legs, but not your type of nice legs,” Minhyuk replied, and Jaehyo laughed.

“You are a real jerk. That is why you’re still single,” Jaehyo said, and Minhyuk chuckled. “I want to be single,” Minhyuk replied seriously, and Jaehyo shook his head.

 

After a long day for everyone, Yoo Jin and Yoo Jun came out of their class holding hands, as they waved goodbye to their sweet teacher Chae Ji Ren.

“Uncle isn’t here to pick us up again,” Yoo Jin mumbled angrily, as she and Yoo Jun were walking alone once more like everyday. “It’s okay, uncle will pick us up ahjumma’s store,” Yoo Jun assured his sister.

“Hey Yoo Jun, why won’t you stop being a girl?” A bigger kid than Yoo Jun picked on him. “Giseok, I don’t want trouble,” Yoo Jun told the kid, as he released his hand from Yoo Jin’s.

“Look at his face. He looks like a girl!” The bigger kid told his three friends, and they laughed at Yoo Jun. “Yah, my oppa don’t have a girl’s face,” Yoo Jin said, defending her brother. “You’re the one who has a boy’s face,” the kid teased Yoo Jin this time.

“Giseok, just leave us alone,” Yoo Jun said, and the bigger kid pushed Yoo Jun to the floor. “You’re no one to tell me what to do,” the bigger kid said, as he bullied Yoo Jun. “Get off my oppa!” Yoo Jin said, as she tried to pull the kid away.

“Get away, you little boy!” Another kid said, as he pushed Yoo Jin to the ground. She fell and scraped her knee, and started crying as soon as she saw the blood. “Jinnie,” Yoo Jun called to his sister.

“Yah, yah, why are you guys bullying the smaller kids?” An adult’s voice came and asked, as the fight broke up. “Jinnie-ah,” Yoo Jun walked over to his sister, and took out a Band-Aid from his backpack and placed it on her knee.

“They started it. I said I didn’t want trouble, and came to attack me and my sister,” Yoo Jun said, pointing at the bigger kid. “You’re all kids here. Be nice to each other,” the adult male said, as he held the bigger kid.

“I won’t say sorry, and I won’t be nice. My mother told me that; kids without dads shouldn’t be appreciated. Their mom won’t raise them to be good kids!” The bigger kid said, as Yoo Jun stood up from his post.

“My momma isn’t like what your mom says!” Yoo Jun yelled at the kid. “You don’t have a dad, so your mom will just raise you as a bad kid!” The kid yelled at Yoo Jun. “Junnie oppa,” Yoo Jin cried, as she tugged onto her brother’s shirt.

“Well, I’m the father of these two kids,” the other male adult said, as he knelt down to Yoo Jin and Yoo Jun’s tiny height. “You can’t be. Their mom isn’t married, and we’ve seen Yoo Jin and Yoo Jun without a dad for a long time,” the bigger kid replied.

“I’m a busy dad. I travel a lot, and don’t have time to come home. I was passing by to pick up my kids. So if you’ll excuse us, we’re going home,” the male told the kid, and helps carry the injured Yoo Jin. Yoo Jun walked alongside, as the adult held onto his hand.

“Minhyuk-ah, just what are you doing?” Jaehyo asked, as he looked at the siblings. “Hyo, you knew how life was for me. I was bullied once too, and I can’t afford to see kids get bullied because of a missing parent,” Minhyuk answered.

“Ahjussi, you say you’re our father, but who are you really?” Yoo Jin asked, as she looked at the man. “Ahh, I’m Lee Minhyuk,” he answered the little girl. “Thanks for helping us back there, sir. But my mother told us not to hang with strangers,” Yoo Jun thanked the man, and then stopped his tracks.

Minhyuk gently placed Yoo Jin down on the floor, and Yoo Jun held her hand. Yoo Jun bowed politely at the man, and Minhyuk bowed back also.

“But if I didn’t come save you both, troubles would’ve been caused,” Minhyuk said. “Oppa, we have to thank the nice ahjussi,” Yoo Jin said, as she points at Minhyuk.

“Wait, where is your mother? How come you both are walking home alone?” Minhyuk asked. “Oh, we’re not walking home. Usually we have an uncle who comes pick us up. But he’s busy, so we go to an ahjumma’s restaurant and wait there,” Yoo Jin answered.

“Jinnie,” Yoo Jun muttered at his sister, as she told the stranger everything.

Minhyuk chuckled at the worried Yoo Jun, and smiled.

“How about I take you to the ahjumma’s restaurant then? Make sure that you kids are safe, incase the bigger kids come back and bully you again,” Minhyuk said, and Yoo Jun thought for a bit.

“C’mon Junnie oppa, it’ll be okay,” Yoo Jin said with a pout, as she swung her brother’s hand back and forth. “Okay,” Yoo Jun replied, and they walked with Minhyuk.

“Well, well, how are my favorite twins doing today?” The kind old lady asked, as she saw Yoo Jin and Yoo Jun walking inside the tent house restaurant. “We’re doing good, and brought a new friend here,” Yoo Jin answered, as she pointed at Minhyuk and his assistant Jaehyo.

“Oh, welcome,” the kind old lady greeted the two men, and was appalled by their dashing good looks. “Are you both hungry? Want something to eat?” The lady asked the siblings. “Mm, just the usual please,” Yoo Jun answered, and the lady seated the twins along with the two men.

Minhyuk looked around, and felt disgusted. Of course he was more into the high-class restaurants, but the kids needed to be safe until a guardian picked them up.

“Ahjussi, we’re here now, and we’re safe. No need to worry anymore. You can get back to work,” Yoo Jun told the man, and Minhyuk smiled at him. “I won’t hurt you, little one. I was once bullied before, and I came to save you when I saw it happened,” Minhyuk told Yoo Jun.

“You were bullied? Were the other kids big too?” Yoo Jin asked, and Minhyuk chuckled. “Yeah, they were twice my size,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jin gasped. “But are you bigger than they are now?” She asked another question. “Mm, I can say I am,” he answered nodding his head.

“So does your momma come home late to pick you two up?” Minhyuk asked, and the twins nodded. “Junnie oppa and I will come here almost everyday, if our uncle don’t pick us up. If uncle don’t either, then momma will,” Yoo Jin answered.

“So your names are Junnie and Jinnie?” Minhyuk asked, pointing at the twins. “Mm,” they both answered nodding their heads. “Well, nice to meet you both,” he said, smiling at the kids.

“Nice to meet ahjussi too,” Yoo Jin said, as she smiled cheekily at him. “I think you’re a businessman, right? I mean you’re wearing a suit. When I watch movies with momma or uncle, the businessmen wears suits,” Yoo Jun asked, and Minhyuk chuckled.

“Yes, I’m a businessman. I’m going to own a huge cake company soon,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jin’s mouth dropped. “I love cake!” Yoo Jin said cheerfully. “I don’t like cake,” Yoo Jun oppositely said, as he shook his head.

“It’s okay, I don’t like cake either,” Minhyuk added, and Yoo Jun looked at him. “But you’re going to be a big boss soon. Shouldn’t you like cake?” Yoo Jun asked. “Well, I guess you can say that,” Minhyuk answered, not knowing how to answer a little kid’s question.

“Can we visit your cake company one day?” Yoo Jin asked, and Minhyuk shrugged. “If your mother let’s, then maybe I’ll take you both one day,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jin clapped happily.

“So if you’re not into cakes, why are you going to be the big boss?” Yoo Jun asked, and Minhyuk chortled at the little boy’s question. “My father wants me to take in after him. So I’ll be the big boss soon,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jun nodded his head.

“Minhyuk, we have to run. Chairman just called,” Jaehyo said, as he looked at his friend. Minhyuk nodded his head, and smiled at the kids. “Have your mom call me, as I won’t be getting to meet her. Hopefully we’ll meet again,” Minhyuk said, as he wrote down his name and phone number.

“Ahjussi, will you pick us up tomorrow again at school?” Yoo Jin asked, and Yoo Jun rolled his eyes. “If you want to, I can,” Minhyuk answered, and Yoo Jin smiled cheerfully. “Goodbye!” She waved, and Minhyuk waved back also, and then left with Jaehyo.

“Jinnie, why are you being nice to that guy? He’s a stranger, and momma won’t like it,” Yoo Jun scolded his sister. “Junnie oppa, you worry too much. Ahjussi seems like a really nice guy, and he even saved us from Giseok. We have to be nice back,” Yoo Jin replied.

“I’m telling momma that you told the stranger everything,” Yoo Jun said, and his little sister pouted. “Oppa, stop being so mean. He was a really nice guy,” Yoo Jin said, as she kicked the air.

“You never know what a stranger nice guy can do,” Yoo Jun replied, and Yoo Jin stubbornly crossed her arms. “You’re just plain mean,” Yoo Jin said, and didn’t talk to Yoo Jun for the rest of the hours that passed by.



 

HERE IS LE' FIRST CHAPTER!

I hope you all enjoy this so far. :)

THANKS FOR READING! XDD