A promise like this

Eternal Love

 

Disable Reader Mode A A A A

T/N: If you see any ' seohyun" or "kyuhyun" in this fic please pardon me, I copied and pasted the whole thing and changed the names + edited it. So I might leave out one or two by accident.

" She died for him..." Gwiboon said, wiping the tears off her face as she watches the final episode of SBS Rooftop Prince. Jonghyun chuckled and put an arm around her . 

" Yeah, its really a remarkable love story, Don't cry  Gwiboon . I love you." Jonghyun said, comforting Gwiboon.

" Ya, you know i love you right?" Jonghyun chuckled, making a face at Gwiboon

Gwiboon wrinkled her nose and looked at Jonghyun with her puffy red eyes before wrapping her arms around his waist.

" Jonghyun ah, If I was bu yong, I would die for you too!" Gwiboon cried.

Jonghyun was stunned for a moment. He was taken aback by what Gwiboon said all of a sudden.

" Gwiboon ah , I would die for you too...I would really die for you too."

" Jonghyun can we make a promise?"

" Yes? "

" If one of us in on the verge on death, the other one shall sacrifice themselves for that one, okay? Jonghyun , if you were dying I would have no spared thought in killing myself for you."

" Gwiboonie! Why are you saying such things? It won't happen" Jonghyun said, alarmed and then gave Gwiboon a kiss on the cheek, and cuddled as they watched the remaining part of the episode. 

[ 2 Hours Later ]

" Jonghyunie Oppa, I want to go to the park for a walk!" Gwiboon said, cozing up to Jonghyun, giving him her doe eyes and she pursed her pink lips at him. Jonghyun smiled and gave her a kiss. Jonghyun jumped onto his feet and stretched, he gave his hand out to Gwiboon and smiled at her. Gwiboon took his hand into hers, like a magical fairtytale, and they left the house.

The pair walked on the clean, and quiet streets. The air was fresh and the weather was perfect. The Birds chirped on the brown branches, covered by leafy greens. Seohyun decided that it was too quiet between them. Gwiboon poked the sensitive Jonghyun. Jonghyun cringed and gave Gwiboon an evil glare. Soon, the two were playing, poking and tickling, so filled with affection and love. Gwiboon broke free from the love fight and ran onto the road.

" Oppa! Say that Gwiboon is pretty!" she shouted.

Jonghyun  shook his head 

" NO !" he said playfully.

" Fine, say I'm cute! "

" No"

" Awww come on! I think you are handsome oppa!"

" Heh! I'm not bribed yet!"

" Oppa, would you do anything for me?"

" Of course!"

" Ok, at least say you like me."

"  I don't... i......"

Then, out of nowhere, a fiery red ferrari sped, onto the road. Jonghyun stood still still, frozen...

He shakily pointed at the road, where the ferrari was coming for her.

" Gwi..gwiboon  ahh!" Jonghyun sreamed, pointing at the car.

Gwiboon stopped smiling and slowly looked to the side, to see the ferrari coming for her. Gwiboon froze she didn't know what to do. She knew she had to run away, but her legs, she couldn't move it. She saw Jonghyun's angry and frustrated face, screaming and yelling at her to go away with all his might. Jonghyun's face looked like he was about to explode, turning all red, his eyebrows and facial features all mixed and frenzied up by the element of fear.

The ferrari was about to hit her anytime soon, she couldn't move, at the door of death, why was she still unable to listen to her brain?

MOVE, her brain said, MOVE.

It inched nearer and her heart pounded quickly. She closed her eyes, and BAM the ferrari collided into her.

This is it, goodbye, Jonghyun.

Due to the violent impact, she was picked up by the car, and it sent her spiralling into the air, before landing a few meters behind the car. After screeching for minutes, the ferrari managed to brake.

" GWIBOON!"  jonghyun screamed , face streaming with tears.

" Gwi..gwiboon I wanted to say, I don't like you..because I love you, I love you so much" He said, crying.

There was a pool of blood under her lifeless body. Jonghyun screamed and cried with the max power of that powerful voice box of his.

Craddling her bloodied head under his arms, he didn't care. He wanted all of this to be a horrible, horrible Nightmare. He shut his eyes as he cried.

" SOMEONE! HELP US! MY GIRLFRIEND GOT KNOCKED BY A CAR!"  Jonghyun shouted repeatedly. He felt so helpless. He breathed deeply for 5 seconds, and he shouted. He shouted loudly, he shouted loudly for his grief, he shouted loudly with her pale and cold body in his arms, shouted because he didn't want to lose the one he loved so dearly.  He shouted because he couldn't do anything. The birds instantly fell silent, instead of welcoming spring, this felt like a cold winter, that symbolizes slumber and death. 

" Someone, save us......" Jonghyun said, almost breathless, giving up hope.

The ferrari driver rushed out and stared at the horrible scene. He quickly called for the ambulance.

[8 hours later]

Outside the surgery room, Jonghyun  waited. He paced about, and sat, staring into blank air. Its been 7 hours since Gwiboon entered the Surgery room, the doctors inside are trying all they could to save her.

The memories of earlier today, the promises, the tickling, the fun and most importantly her smile, is what Jonghyun wanted it to see most.

" I would die for you" Gwiboon's soft voice rang in his head.

And Jonghyun decided that, he would die for her. He would really.

" Kim Jonghyun ? " The doctor called.

Jonghyun scrambled to the doctor's side.

" Gwiboon needs blood transfusion now, thats the only way she'll survive. but her blood type is rare, we need her siblings or immediate family."

Gwiboon was an orphan.

Jonghyun suddenly remembered when he and Gwiboon complained that they were the only ones in the world with this bloodtype, they were really meant for each other.

" Doc, we have the same bloodtype."

" Okay, but warning, this involves an high amount of blood, complications are highly likely to arise and you yourself, might die."

Jonghyun bit his lip, memories of gwiboon, her smile and her laughter. All these decides the things for Him already. Not forgetting the promise, they made just so recently. 

[ Flashback]

" Jonghyun ahh,  I'd die for you, you know?"

" I'd die for you too Gwiboon, i really would."

" Would you? Really?"

" Yes I would."

Jonghyun then made his mind up.

" I'm going for it."

As Jonghyun laid down on the icy cold metal bed beside Gwiboon, holding her cold, lifeless hand.

" I'd do anything for you to smile again Gwiboon."

He held her hand tightly, until the effects of the jab settled in, and his hand fell limp, he shut his eyes and slept soundly.

[ During the Operation]

" Doctor, his blood pressure his falling, there is a sudden internal bleeding!"

" Change the pressure, stop his blood flow with the gauze."

" His heartbeat is falling!"

" Increase the pressure further, NOW!

T/N : Sorry I'm not a doctor so maybe im spouting rubbish sorry.

" Doctor, his heartbeat stopped!"

" Now, I need to shock him!"

" 200 volts, clear!" Jonghyuns body jerked up. 

" Still no heartbeat."

" 300volts, - clear!" Jonghyun's upper body flew up, and crashed back down.

" No heartbeat still."

The doctor performed immediate CPR on him. There still wasn't any effect. His heartbeat was still 0, and something grim has happened.

'"Time of death, 20:06 "

----------------

Gwiboon woke up, to see Jonghyun . Gwiboon rushed to hold Jonghyun, with tears in her eyes.

Jonghyun slowly pulled away,he was unbelivably pale, with dark circles below his eyes.

" Gwiboon, stay strong. If one day I'm not here for you, you have to live well. You have to live well. I didn't break our promise, I'd die for you Gwiboon, I love you, please live on well."

" Why are you saying this? Did you get hit by the car too? it's okay jonghyun, we're together now, I love you." Gwiboon was about to hug Jonghyun when he pulled away. With one last, sad smile that chilled gwiboon to her spine. He turned and walked away, leaving a clueless gwiboon behind.

Jonghyun walked out of her room.

Gwiboon's eyelids flew open and suddenly sat on her bed, awake, with all sorts of tubes stuck into her. 
" Jong...JONGHYUN!!!!" Seohyun screamed.

Beside her was Jonghyun , with the same pale expression, his eyes closed, a expression of solemn and peace.

Gwiboon still hurt alot from the accident, she could barely move.

The doctor came in, and broke the news

Gwiboon had a plain expression, she just stared at him, her tears falling. Too painful to feel anything, only numbness settling in.

" Why did you die you of a dinosaur? Why did you leave me? I didn't mean to let you die for me, Why were you so silly" She cried all day before she herself, collapsed soon after.

-----------

That night, gwiboon dreamt of Jonghyun. when she woke up, there was a white rose in her hand.

and a piece of note that looked like it was scribbled on. Gwiboon squinted. it was Jonghyun's handwriting.

" Im going now, take care. I gave you my soul, so live well."

Gwiboon woke up with cold sweat on her forehead, her heart beated fast and hard. She made her way to the morgue where Jonghyun's body laid.

jonghyun's body was missing in the morgue.

" WHERE IS MY JONGHYUN . WHERE?" Gwiboon started screaming.

The nurses rushed in to calm her down, they had cremated him this dawn. Gwiboon's heart broke once again. it would never be fully healed.

Gwiboon sobbed, Kim jonghyun, that man, is the one she'll love forever, be it 300 or 3000 years.