Their True Feelings

Disarranged Marriage

 

Daiki walked to his room in silence, his head lowered and his mind deep in thoughts.

 

“I think this arranged marriage should be broken.” Amu had told him, straightforwardly.

 

He managed to put up a firm face. “Why?”

 

“Well, anou…Ryu-kun asked me o—” Amu started to answer but then Daiki spoke, cutting her off.

 

“He asked you out didn’t he?” Daiki asked. “And you’re planning on saying ‘yes’ to him, right?”

 

“Well…”

 

“Daijobou desu.” The guy smiled.

 

“Hontou ni???”

 

“Un.”

 

He clenched his right fist as he entered his room. He was just holding back. He didn’t want to let Amu go out with Ryutaro tomorrow…but what could he do? Ryutaro was really kind to her, while he (Daiki) is a coward despite the fact that Amu is already his fiancée. Okay, correction on that, she WAS his fiancée. And also, Ryutaro’s and Amu’s  ages are closer, compared to his and hers. And judging from Amu’s smile earlier…it seems that she has a liking on Ryutaro…so Daiki just let her go.

 

Daiki sat and pounded a heavy fist on his bed in silent anger.

 

~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~~.~.~~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

A few minutes after she heard Daiki’s door close, Amu also went upstairs. It was her intention to not to climb up with him so that he wouldn’t see her…shed her tears.

 

Yes, she smiled earlier when she was talking with Ryutaro, but that was just a fake smile. She was faking HERSELF. She thought that if she would act like that, she would eventually feel like that genuinely, or make her fiancé somewhat jealous. But she failed. Instead, he let her go on her ‘date’ with Ryutaro tomorrow.

 

She had never felt this way before towards a guy. Never did her heart flip whenever a guy talked to her…except for Daiki. He was the only one that could snap her out of her thoughts while she was writing…and the things that she’s writing…are the things that she likes about him. That’s why she’s in continuous writing…because she won’t be running out of things to write.

 

But now…she guessed that it was already time to move on. She gulped hardly at the thought of the fact that the guy she loves doesn’t feel the same way for her. She’s now ready to give up.

 

Amu went towards her cabinet and pulled out the clothes that she’ll be wearing tomorrow.