the resting area

Caribbean Bay Escapade

Sorry for that short, short chapter last time. I was trying to update before I boarded the plane, so I was writing it in the airport. I’m back from Korea in my home in Okinawa, so please enjoy this new update.

By the way, do you all like the new poster. Credit goes to adiezrindra at http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/34906. I owe her big time for this cute poster.

Anyways, time for the story, yay!

============================================================

 

            He and his friends reserved lounge chairs for us near the wave pool. Me and Cheondoong sat next to each other in the back, while Suzy and his three other friends sat in the front.

“Try this.” Cheondoong said, handing me the box of peanut butter dried squid.

I shook my head. “Nuh uh.”

“Really, it’s good.”

I kept refusing.

            A random guy came up to us. “Hey, you two aren’t allowed to sit here.” He said to us. Giving him a second look, I recognized that he was a life guard.

“Shut up, Joon.” Cheondoong told him. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be saving people from drowning?”

“Yeah, but I’ve been here since the park opened in the morning. It’s almost 4, my shift is over.” Joon answered.

            I noticed that Joon had a really nice body. You could tell that he was a lifeguard by this dark skin and sunglasses tan.

“Plus, I saw Seungho-hyung and the others with that pretty girl over there, so I thought that I’d make a special appearance.” Joon smirked.

“Speaking of pretty girls, this here is Jieun.” Cheondoong said, gesturing to me.

“Ah, she is pretty.” Joon smiled. He held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you.” I greeted, giving him a handshake. He almost crushed my fragile hand.

            We watched Joon as he went over to the guys. They didn’t look too happy to see him.

“Cheondoong, I bet you that Suzy is going to be interested in him.” I said to him.

“Yeah? I bet that the three others are going to make a joke about Joon to make him look bad.”

            The two of us observed the five people. As soon as Suzy saw him coming, she stood up to greet him. They greeted each other and Joon winked at Suzy, causing her to giggle. The three other guys rolled their eyes and looked at each other.

“See.” I laughed.

“Wait for it.” Cheondoong said.

            We kept watching them. Joon sat down, telling G.O to scoot down so that he could sit next to Suzy. Mir said something to make everyone laugh… except Joon.

“And there it is.”

            Me and Cheondoong laughed.

“Thunder.” I called.

Cheondoong looked at me confused.

“Why did you call me that?” He asked.

“Thunder is Cheondoong in English, right?”

He nodded.

“So do people call you that too?” I asked him.

“Well yeah, but mostly foreigners.” He answered.

            The two of us started talking about random things like where we go to school and what we do for a living, things like that. We started to get to know each other better.

I suddenly felt Thunder’s hand on my thigh. I pretended not to notice. There was a sharp pain where his hand was.

“Waah!” I yelled. “Did you just pinch me!?!?”

            My mouth was open as I screamed, Cheondoong took the chance to stuff a piece of the peanut butter dried squid in my mouth. He laughed at my reaction.

            The rough squid was seriously dry, like jerky. It took me a while to chew it and swallow. Thunder was chuckling the entire time.

“I told you it was good, right?” He said when I had finished chewing.

I shook my head. “No.” I lied.

“Then why didn’t you spit it out?”

“Okay, it was good.” I confessed.

“Hey, Thunder, do you like cinnamon?” I asked him.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Sure, why?”

“Be right back.” I said, getting up and running around the corner.

 

*Thunder POV*

            When she left, G.O called for me.

“Yah, Sanghyun! Scared away another girl, huh?” He joked. The other laughed.

“Where’d my sister go, oppa?” Suzy asked me.

“I don’t know either.”

            Two minutes later, she came running back to our area with two sticks in her hand. When she came closer, I found out that they were churros. She handed me one.

“You like churros, right?”

I nodded. “Yeah, thanks.”

“Thunder.” She called. I chuckled a bit.

“What?” She asked with an angry face.

I was laughing at how she was saying it.

“It’s TH-an-der” I said slowly to her.

“Saaaaannndaaa.” She replied.

I kept laughing. She is too cute.

 

 

*Jieun POV*

 

Dang, this boy laughs to easily. I thought to myself.

He scarfed down the churro in less than a minute.

“Yah, such a guy.” I taunted.

Suzy came over to me and Cheondoong. The other guys followed her.

“Unnie, can I have some money?” She asked me.

“Why?”

“I want to try the bulgogi bake at the snack stand.” She whined.

“We told her that we would buy her one, but she refused.” G.O told Thunder.

            I gave her money so that she would go away. Me and Cheondoong laughed at the four guys following her like baby chicks following a hen.

“Yeah, that’s my sister, alright.” I sighed. “I’m surprised that she didn’t ask one of them to pay for her… it wouldn’t be the first time she used her looks to get something.” I told Thunder.

“So what have you done so far in summer?” Cheondoong asked me.

“It’s only the first week; I haven’t done anything really.” I answered. “What about you?”

“Same here.” He replied.

“Speaking of hanging out…” Cheondoong said.

What? I wasn’t talking about hanging out… I thought to myself.

“Can I get your cell phone number… or something…?” He asked, his cheeks turning bright pink.

I blushed at his statement too. Too shocked by his sudden request to answer, I just nodded and reached into my clutch purse to find my cell phone.

“You don’t know your number by heart?” Cheondoong asked, smirking.

I stuck my tongue out at him. “No.”

“Dang it! I left my phone the locker on the other side of the park where the water slides are.” I told him.

He shrugged. “It’s not that far, let’s just go get it then. I’ll text the guys and tell them where we’re going.”

 

================================================================

 

I didn't update as quickly as I usually do... mianhe. I started two new stories just this week, so I'm pretty busy writing lately. Ah, plus I'm back from my trip and all my friends want to hang out, but I'll keep updating.