Change of heart again

Love after Marriage

 

“Ena”

She hated his voice. Why was she letting him do this to her?

“Are you deaf?” He smacked her on the side of her head.

She sighs wanting to fight back but she said nothing. For now she won’t do anything.

“What is it?” She looks at YuHan.

“What are you doing?”

“Thinking”

“Thinking about MyungSoo?” He hits the table.

“You.”

“Me?” He sounded happy.

“Umm”

“I knew this will happen. The more you spend time with me the less you will think about that bastard you call husband. Ena I promise, I will make you the happiest. I love you.”

 

Ena looks at him with no expression. She was disgusted. This wasn’t love, this was obsession. This was wrong. How can he say that he loves her when he is hurting her so much?

 

“It won’t be long until we get to be together.” He reached out to touch her face but she refuse.

Ena stood up from her seat and walked out of the café. She started out walking away from the café but soon picked up her pace and ran at full speed. She hated herself. Why was she letting this happen? She wanted to protect MyungSoo and JooEun but will it all be worth it? It was already a problem to leave JooEun with them. When she’s gone who will raise her? Who will give her all the attention she needs? Right now MyungSoo didn’t matter to her. All she thought about was JooEun, her strength, her reason to keep breathing. Ena stops running. She was out of breath. She looks around her surroundings.  She was at a train station.

“I can just leave right now and everything will be over.” She talks to herself. “Go somewhere where no one knows me and where I can’t be found.”

----

Ena ran up the drive way surprised to see MyungSoo’s car parked in front.  She checked her watch and ran inside. In the living room MyungSoo was holding JooEun.

“Where did you go?” He asks.

“Outside.” Ena walks over to take JooEun but he wouldn’t let her.

“I’ll hold her for a while.”

“Why are you home so early?” Ena asks curious.

“I need a favor from you.”

“Okay?” Ena was confused.

“Remember that guy Neil.”

“Umm.”

“I need you to get a hold of him.”

“I don’t have his number. Why do you want me to call him? You get so mad when I talk to him.”

“I’ve been trying to get a hold of him but he’s not answering back. Since he likes you so much, try calling him for me.”

“Why do you need to get a hold of him?”

“I just do okay. Are you going to help me or what?” MyungSoo sounded frustrated.

“Fine.”

 

MyungSoo handed her the phone and she dial his number from the contact list. After three rings someone picked up.

 

“Hello, Neil speaking.”

“..Hi, remember me?”

“And who might ‘me’ be?”

“E-”

“ENA!”

His sudden scream scared her. “Umm.”

“Wow, what did I do to deserve this pleasure of you calling me? Have you finally decided to leave that husband of yours?”

MyungSoo heard him and snatched the phone from Ena. “No thank you, she is happily married.”

“Ugh you.”

“Yeah me. I’ve been trying to reach you.”

“I know you have. But the big boss said to not pick up.”

“I need to talk to that big boss of yours. It’s important.”

“Oh he knows. The company isn’t going to well huh.”

“What?” Ena asks. “What’s wrong with the company?”

“Shh.” MyungSoo hush her and hands her JooEun and walks away. “When can I meet him?”

Ena follows MyungSoo around the room. “Why are you not telling me what’s going on with the company?” Ena held on to his shirt. “Tell me.”

“Okay okay got it.” MyungSoo hangs up. He turns around to Ena. “Don’t worry. Everything will be okay.”

“Tell me.” Ena whines.

“No” MyungSoo loosen his tie and went up stairs.

“Why?” Ena follows him. “Why?” Ena puts JooEun in her crib to play and went after MyungSoo. She pulls open the closet. “Tell me!”

“Yah! Close the door I’m changing!” MyungSoo yells back at her holding a shirt to cover himself.

Ena didn’t move. “Just change in front of me. It’s not like I haven’t seen you..na.. before. How do you think we got JooEun?”

MyungSoo push her out. “Get out.”

Ena knocks on the door. “Tell me…please.”

 

Ena went back into JooEun’s room and brought her into their room. They sat on the foot of the bed and waited for MyungSoo to get out. MyungSoo came out of the closet dressed more comfortable. He looks at Ena and could tell she wasn’t going to let the topic go. He didn’t want her to worry about it, he could take care of it.

 

He walks up to Ena and JooEun. Ena stands up. “When I say don’t worry about it then just let me handle it okay? Nothing bad will happen.”

 

He picks up JooEun and started playing with her. Ena was still worried.

 

Ena watch as they played. “How am I supposed to leave now?” She whispers to herself.