First Encounter

The Break Up

 

Taemin had grown since I last saw him. It wasn't physical it was all in his air the way he held himself. A quiet confidence and a sense of self that he had been missing the last few months we had been together. I didn't know what to do. Should I go to him? Should I apologize? Ask him to come back? I sighed frustrated at my helplessness. I placed my head on the table I was sitting at making sure my coffee was out of the way. Taemin had always made coffee for me before when we were happy...

I huffed mentally shaking myself I was Choi Minho! I had confidence oozing out of me even when I slept. If I wanted to speak with Taemin nothing could stop me! I lifted my head ready to get up and march over to Taemin--

"Minho?" My eyes widened, Taemin was walking over; a smile on his face. All the confidence seeped out of me. I could feel my fight or flight response start to kick in.
"It is you," Taemin spoke setting his coffee down next to mine. He fiddled with his wallet for a moment before bestowing me with his bright smile. I grabbed the table tightly resisting the urge to leave.
"How have you been?" he asked finally putting away his wallet. The wallet I had given him I noticed.
Oh, I had waited too long to respond and now it was akward. I should tell him I'm fine.
Instead I said, "I miss you." I closed my eyes realizing exactly what I had said. Taemin blinked and looked away.
"I have to go." He said walking away. Before I could say anything he was gone. I slumped in the chair, Taemin had forgotten his coffee.
 

 

*Author's note: It's not over. Comments are my life blood. (was that creepy?)
Anyway, I'll update next week!