Back in China

I'm Back (Sequel to My Hurt Heart)

 

I got off the plane, weary and tired from long hours of flying. I was greeted by flashes of cameras, screaming fans and some gifts. Normally, I would be glad at the sight of all these but I couldn't stop thinking of him... I made myself clear that I wouldn't accept him back but it's just too hard... His last words “I promise...”, they were too hurting. That was what he said the last time but did he really mean it? I was tired of empty promises. No, not tired, sick of it. I was sick of it. What if I go back and he gets another girl? I sighed, plugging in my ear pieces and walked towards a nearby taxi. I was returning to my parents' house for the weekend, a short getaway.

 

“Where to?” The driver asked. I flashed a smile, telling him the address right away. Soon, the cab started moving.

 

Should I text him? I'd rather not... After the episode I'm not as comfortable with him as before... The mind was willing but the flesh was weak. I took out my phone, busily typing away on it.

 

To: Sehun

From: Luhan

 

Hi. How are you? *clear...

 

I think I- *clear...

 

I'm off the plane. *clear...

 

I just didn't know what to tell him. I switched off my phone, refusing to look at it even for 1 second. Looking at the ever-changing scenery outside, I let a tear trickle down my face. Guilt just kept engulfing me in, not willing to let go. No, if I really love him, I would trust him no matter what... I knew very well, deep in my heart, what I actually wanted. It wasn't only for fanservice, it was love... Sehun's love.

 

“We're here!!” The driver exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts.

 

“Ahh... Yes...” I replied in shock. “5... 10... 15... 20... 20.50” I took out a bunch of notes and coins, handing it to him carefully.

 

I went to the back of the car, opened the trunk and got my stuff out. After a few years and it hasn't changed one bit... I thought to myself, looking at the mansion in front of me. I chuckled, wondering what my parents prepared for lunch. All those thoughts of Sehun just mystically vanished into thin air. The house sat alone in the middle of the street, with the white paint peeling off from each side. I took a deep breath, taking in the fresh air of China. It's good to be back. Turning my phone back on, I noticed a new message arrive.

 

From: Sehun

To: Luhan

 

I heard from ZiTao that your flight just landed. Call me soon k?

 

Damn that stupid Gucci-loving panda... Why can't he just keep his mouth shut? I hesitantly tried to type back but instead, I simply put my phone back in my pocket and proceeded to ring the door bell.

 

“Who is that?” A familiar voice rang through the air.

 

“I'm home~” I screamed at the top of my lungs, alerting every single person in the house. The door knob turned slightly to the left, gradually allowing me to enter.

 

“Hi mom” I grinned goofily from ear to ear. I haven't seen her in a long time and I really missed her, but not as much as him... I gave myself a mental slap. Why must you keep thinking about him?!

 

“My good son, come on in, we just prepared lunch for you. It's your favourite” She sang, leading me to the dining room while I followed behind her. However, something caught the corner of my eye. It was an unfamiliar figure, sitting on a chair. Upon closer inspection, it was a demure woman, about 160cm tall. She wore a white dress with floral patterns. Who's that... To my surprise, she got up and slowly approached me.

 

“Long time no see, Luhan”