nosedive

| ∞ |

 

 

[ nosedive ]

 

flying has never been a problem. you love the thrill; the slight dip in the seats and then that weightless feeling when you’re off, buildings shrinking to matchboxes and disappearing behind curtains of white. you feel free, not tied down; the endless sky seems only a reach away, looking the same but promising so much diversity beneath it; ancient oriental ruins in one corner, sprawling ornate cathedrals in another. or maybe a glowing metropolis that glitters like a jeweler’s case at nighttime, perhaps opaque foliage, gleaming waters? each flight is the start of that, the start of a new life halfway across the globe.

ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts for takeoff.

but what if the one thing you love turns into a monster before your eyes, and the snarling jaws of death inch closer and closer with their fangs bared? and what if the one thing that loved you jumped into them to save you as you ran away; would you look back? a story of freak accidents, unprecedented longing and raw instinct when nothing else comes to mind, a tale in which someone at the controls slips away sending everything you know into an irreversible nosedive.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

p e n