First Encounter

If I can't have you

I take out my cellphone from my bag ..just 5 minutes are over since i'm sitting in the classroom..first lesson today.. math. god i at this.. ''Where are you?'' I type as a message to Hyunseung.

You have to know that we are bestfriends since elementary school, since that day he saved me from being robbed and i have been always thankful to him.. as i'm staring into the air i get a sms back..

''Sorry..but i won't come today. I feel sick and i'm having a headache''  ''You can't do this to me'' i write back teasingly. What a boring day without him. i think to myself. No fun at all. Well.. he's sick and I shouldn't give him a bad conscience now. I wish him a ''get better soon'' and put my phone aside.

Luckily the teacher didn't notice anything and I continue not listening to the lesson at all.. I think I should reminding myself that exams are soon. but learning is just not my thing. The lesson ends and i'm happy to rush out of the classrom. It was extremely boring and I wouldn't understand all that stuff even if I wanted to. I meet Gikwang in the break. surrounded by many girls and boys.. he seems to be liked by everyone.. makes me proud on one hand and on the other it is kinda annoying.. he isn't a star or something like that..but I can understand them all.. Gikwang is handsome, cute and talented.. but he never show off.. just a super nice guy.

I'm really proud being friends with him.. (oh i said that already before)..he's one of Hyunseungs besties and I wonder why he also treats me so well.. anyway it's nothing bad and i don't think further about it..

''Gikwang!!'' i shout out to him.. and when he notice me running towards him he grins. I give him a friendly hug and look up to meet his eyes. ''What's up with you?'' , he asks, surprised at my behaviour and his big cute eyes are shining at me. ''Hyunseung is sick'', i exclaim rather depressed. He pats my head and it makes me feel even shorter than i am already.. everyone knows Gikwang is just 174 cm.. '' I guess he's just skipping class'' he laughs as if he didn't believe my words. I push him aside and let out a deep sigh. ''I'm going to see him now!!'' the words just pop out of my mouth before i can take them back again.

Gikwang gives me a weird expression. ''You sound like his lover'' he says, rather teasing me. I get confused..

What?? Like his lover? Are you kidding me??

Seung is just a friend nothing more.. bestfriends can't fall in love..

that means if they break up it's over.. you can't be friends afterwards as if nothing ever happened.

Gikwang watches my shocked face and suddenly burst out in laughter. ''I knew it!!'' he says. My face turns red at his reaction and i deny it immediately. ''No way!!! We are just friends!! Just friends you hear?'' , I scream.

I think that made him suspicious for the first time when he looks at me with this uncertain glance in his his eyes which makes me shiver. ''You can't.'' he just says, his low voice ringing in my ears. without saying anything else he turns me his back and walks away... the bell had rung already and i'm standing there, watching him go into the classroom as all the other students are going past me.

''Won't you go in?''i hear a familiar voice talking to me. It's my friend Jiyeon. ''Oh of course'', i just say and follow her.


School is over and i'm walking home with Jiyeon. It's a nice day, the sun is shining and sometimes there's a cool breeze which make today really enjoyable.Yeah you see i changed my mind and didn't go visit Hyunseung after the first lesson. It kinda felt awkward to do so. We're talking about our plans for today the moment my phone is ringing. ''Pick up'', she says and i do as I'm told. ''Hello?'' I ask without looking at the caller ID. ''Yaah...You don't even recognize me. It was just a day.''

Immediately I look at my phone although I know whose voice it is. ''Oh, hi Seung. Are you feeling any better?'' , i ask him.

''Hmm... not really, but it's so boring you can't imagine.'' , he sighs and after a short pause he continues, ''I know you'll plan to visit me in my room but don't come. You know i caught a cold and I don't want you to get it too.'' I can hear him cough, seems like he tells the truth, not that I think he skipped school. I put on a teasing smile and say ''Right..I won't bother then'' and hang up the phone before he can say a word. ''It was Seung'' I tell Jiyeon who just nods and doesn't ask why he called.

Somehow I feel awkward talking to him after what Gikwang had told me before in school. Absorbed in my own thoughts I totally forget about Jiyeon. ''Hey are you okay?'' she asks, looking a bit worried at me.

''Hm? Ohh.. yea of course..''

'''You almost bumped into a ajjussi.. watch where you go.'' she says. We part at the next intersection. Back home I take notice that no one of my family is back yet. Shutting the door closed behind me I go into the kitchen to get some food.  I cook a bowl of Ramyun and almost burn my tongue

'' Aish it's too hot'' I put it on the table to cool down. Oh right!! I forgot to give Seung his CD back!!...

he won't be so bored if he can listen to some kpop. I smile. I rush out of the house depending on my feet that they will bring me to Hyunseung. And they do. Approaching his home I become more and more excited. for no reason. ''What the heck'' I think discovering my own heart beating wildly. It must be because i ran here in just 2 minutes. Nothing more. Nothing more, I tell myself again and again. I rang the bell at his door.. his mom comes out..

''Hello..You want to see Hyunseung?.. Come in.. but he has a guest already..'' I wonder who she could mean as  I climb up the stairs. I knock and go in. ''Hi Seung I brought your...''

''Oh hi'' two voices say mixed together. A girl who I hardly recognize from seeing is sitting next to Seung's bed. They laugh at each other awkwardly when Hyunseung looks at me. '' I didn't know you would come ..uh.. I thought you didn't want to see me. '' he stutters and after a while of silence he says '' This is Hyuna, I think you know her from school'' , she smiles sheepishly and signalizes i should come in. But..

But my body won't move...I keep staring at both of them and my heart feels as if it is tearing apart.. bit by bit.. I can't think of anything at this moment.. I just feel so hurt that i decide to go back. ''I won't bother you two'' are my last words as i head out of this room.. out of this house.. Out.. Just out.