W H A T...

Gaining Love, Friends, and Family

"Where could they be..." you ask yourself as you were waiting for your parents to arrive. They've been gone for about a week on some cruise. Just then, the doorbell rings. Giddy with excitement you run as fast you can down the hall. Standing in the doorway is your cousin, Lee Taemin, whom you haven't seen in almost 4 years. "Taemin! Are my parents with you?" you shout. "Well, Woori ..that's what I was sent here for." he said as he forced himself in the door. "What do you mean. I'm worried. I haven't seen you in 4 year, Tae. Aren't you supposed to be in Seoul?" you ask sounding a little shaky. "Well, I've been in St. Louis for a month now working on my English more. And I've got some bad news, Wo." Taemin said sounding more nervous than you are. "Spit it out, Tae." "Wo, your parents are.....uh...lost at sea..." Taemin said with some shakiness. You sat on the sofa motionless. So many thoughts jumbling in you head. "What...my parents are..no. This isn't true. Taemin's lying." you thought. "I'm really sorry for putting this on you so suddenly. I mean I know I just gave you some bad news but, I do have some good news, too." Taemins said breaking the silence. "I'm okay..I think. What is the good news?" you replied with the slightest bit of excitement in your tone. "Well, I think that since my parents aren't home all the time that maybe you could come back to Korea with me tomorrow." Taemin said with some questioning. "Uhh..sure. I'd love to, Tae. Thanks." you said hugging Taemin. "Kyaaaaa. Get your bags packed." Taemin yelled jumping in place.

 

"Hey Tae, do you wanna go get all your things and stay the night here tonight so I'm not alone?" you told Tae as he was leaving your house. "I'd be honored. I'll be back shortly." And with that, Lee Taemin, the cousin you haven't seen in 4 years was about to change your life. 

 

------------TOMORROW----------------

"Woori, time to get up. It's 9:30. Our plane leaves in 2 hours. Come on." Taemin said in a calm, cool voice. "Alright. Let me take a shower and I'll be down shortly, neh?" And with that you proceeded into the shower. The one place where you can actually think. "I'm not very good with planes. I never have been. I hope this goes well. I miss my parents so much. I just hope Taemin has something appropriate planned for the time to come."  You came running down stairs with your favorite sweats on, a t-shirt from SMTOWN L.A when your parents took you, and brand new moccassins. "I'm ready...I think." It's so hard to leave the house I grew up in. Wow.

 

**You arrive at the airport and board the plane. Already shaky, you take your seat next to Taemin as he is telling you about his life in the past 4 years.**

"Ok, Wo. Since it's been 4 years since we've last spoke..I have decided to finally tell you what has happened to me. BUT, you cannot freak out alright?" Taemin began. As you nodded, Tae begins his journey. "Are you familiar with the group SHINee? Well, ever since I've been in Korea, I had an auditon and made the cut. Do you remember my mom telling you about that? Well, I was debuted with the group later that year. 3 years later and I'm the most loved man in Seoul. Everyone knows who I am. And, where I'm taking you is where I've been staying with the rest of..." before Tae could finish your jaw was wide open. You couldn't believe it. "MY COUSIN IS IN SHINee! KYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA. OMO. THIS JUST CHANGED EVERYTHING."  you yelled to yourself. "You're in SHINee? Taemin, why didn't you tell me sooneer? This just changed everything. They're, you're, my favorite KPOP artist." you started blabbing. "Well, neh. I am. But, when we get to the dorm please don't fangirl. I want everything to run smoothly for Key umma's sake. He's so worried." Taemin said due to the fact you were in hog-day Heaven. "Well we have a long flight. Let's get some rest alright? Just clear your brain of everthing." Taemin started to continue as you drifted off into dreamland. "I wonder if they'll like me. Oh, if only mom and dad could see me. I miss them a lot. Taemin has changed a lot. I wonder what will happen tomorrow when we arrive to Seoul. Wow. 4 years can really change a person."

 

 

----------------SEOUL-----------------

"Wow, it's all so...different." you said to Tae as he explained the airport. "Neh, it is. But, you'll get used to it. You still know Korean right?" "Duh, Tae. I am Korean right? I would always speak it around the house."  you thought. "Neh, I have." you replied smoothly. "Alright, to the limo. Do not under any circumstance do you let go of me alright? I don't want you to get lost." Taemin said as an order. As you follow you come across this black strech limo. Taemin yells at you to get inside quickly so he won't get noticed. Tae crawls in and dials someones number. 

You can only hear what Taemin is saying. 

"Neh, we're on our way. Is manager hyung there? Alright. Mhm. I'll be there soon. Saranghae." 

"Wow. This is beautiful. Even if it is daytime."  Your thoughts are so jumbled. You can only pray that everyone is welcoming like Taemin promised on the plane. "Minho is a little shy. Knew that. Key is outgoing. Knew that. Jjong is jjong. I knew that too. What isn't new for me. Onew. Oh my dubu. He's so adorable. My bias list is so ed up." 

**You have arrived at SHINee's dorm. As Taemin helps you out of the car, you start to turn a little red. Thinking over and over about how you got here and what happened and how you'll be treated from now on. You open the door and....

 

 

CLIFFHANGER.

DUNDUNDUUUUUUUUUNNNNN. :)

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Uh well, this is my first fanfic and I hope you guys. My laptop erased my first version which was longer but this one is still really good I think. The Italisied or however you spell it is what you're thinking. Thanks for reading <3