The Shinee Kingkas

You and I is... just a RUMOR!

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

I looked around the huge auditorium to see students and teachers filing in. It seemed like they wouldn’t end, just when I thought this was the last bunch of kids coming in, another handful would come wandering.

I stretched my arms and yawned. Ugh, I could have been sleeping in my nice and cosy bed right now, happy in dreamland. To my left sat Key and Minho who were talking about Key’s new studded boots, while Taemin was sitting all upright and attentive.

I sighed, let’s see if this attentiveness stays after the first week of school my little Minnie, I chuckled seeing Taemin’s neatly styled hair and hipster glasses. Aigoo, this kid.

The screeching of the microphone startled me to attention. I looked forward to see the principal grinning from ear to ear, tapping the mic to check if it was working. Well I’m pretty darn sure it was working, I have the horrible ringing in my ears to evidence that.

Silence enveloped the hall. Some soft whispers could be heard here and there, but the principal cleared his throat and soon they died down as well.

‘Good morning students.’ He started. After a short pause, he realised that no one was interested in responding, so he continued.

‘As you all know, BAP High is one of the most prestigious schools in South Korea. I, as the principal of BAP High, welcome you all to…’

I felt my eyelids getting heavy after every word he spoke.  Each syllable took me closer to almost passing out and off of my chair. Soon enough, my eyes started to close and I don’t remember when, but I drifted off to sleep.

-----------I have no idea how many minutes later---------

‘Hyung’ someone called ‘Hyung’ again. I blinked a groggily before opening my eyes. I woke up to Taemin’s concerned face and big eyes right in front of me.

‘AAAAHH!’ I almost fell out of my chair. ‘Yah!’ I glared at him.

I could see he was stifling his laughter. I sighed, got up, wiped the drool off my chin, and stomped out off the empty auditorium. I could hear Taemin burst out laughing on my way out.

------- later at the cafeteria-------

Jieun’s POV:

I stood next to Luna, gazing upon the vast horizon stretched before us. The cafeteria was even bigger than your regular VIP dining lounge. Metal-based tables with stylish leather seats covered the checker-tiled floor.

Even though there were about 24265437 places to sit, we had to think very carefully before taking a seat. We decided to take one in the centre and next to the window; not at the very ends because the left end was where the seniors sat and the right end was where the very posh freshmen were sitting.

Jiyeon had already texted me saying she wanted to check out the dramatics department so she wouldn’t be able to come. We settled down and soon two other girls and a guy joined us.

‘Annyeong, my name’s Jinri, but you can call me Sulli.’ The taller of the three bowed and sat opposite me.

‘Hello, I’m Krystal.’ The girl with long hair bowed and sat next to Sulli.

‘Hey guys,’ the guy smiled and shook my hand, ‘I’m Amber.’ With a flick of his hair, he sat down next to me.

I bowed back to them and smiled. ‘My name’s Jieun, pleased to meet you.’

Luna did the same, ‘Annyeong, I’m Luna. Hope we get along well!’

Without further ado, we dug into our food. Suddenly, the cafeteria erupted into a series of squeals, fangirl screams and a group of girls either rushing to their seats or ‘casually’ gathering at the cafeteria entrance.

Sulli was smiling like there was no tomorrow, her pupils invisible as her eyes had turned into perfect crescents. Krystal was blushing furiously for some reason while Amber just yawned and lazily poked his food with his fork.

Many girls around me were standing on their seats to look over the hugs crowd. Luna and I did the same. Even then, I had to stand on my tiptoes.

 That’s when I saw them. Four boys with silky, perfectly styled hair; sleek and ironed uniforms, polished shoes and a presence that sent an aura of charisma to those around them.

I could vaguely make out the faces of three of them, and only the top of the fourth boy’s head. I assumed the latter must be younger than me and still had a few more years to hit growth spurt. They easily made their way through the crowd and sat down at the table on our right.

I sat down and was startled to see a very excited and expectant Sulli looking at me. I raised my eyebrows at her, the only reaction I could think of.

‘Guys.’ She said in a low voice. Then she waved us to lean in closer.

We all huddled together and listened to what she had to say.

‘Okay.’ she began. ‘Since IU and Luna are new to this place, they should know about THEM.’ She said ‘Them’ like mentioning their real identity would curse us for eternity.

She continued, ‘You see those guys behind us?’ she whispered in a voice only dogs could hear so I leaned in closer. She pointed at the four males behind her. I nodded seriously. ‘Well they’re four of the five most popular, good-looking, wealthy, intelligent and talented guys in Kirin High. They call themselves,’ she gave a dramatic pause, ‘Shinee. That’s capital S-H-I-N and small e-e.’ she took out a fluffy pink pen and wrote it on my napkin.

SHINee.

Okay.

I nodded. ‘I’m going to talk to them from youngest to oldest. The youngest among them is Lee Taemin.’ She blushed furiously and Krystal elbowed her to continue. ‘H-he’s the blonde one… and he’s the only son of the famous Lee family. They own A-Yo Industries, South Korea’s largest flavoured milk company. I’ve heard he’s a really good dancer and he won first place in his previous school’s dance competition.’

I looked at the blonde guy she was talking about and almost squealed with joy. Not only did he have an impressive character, but he had to be the cutest boy in the freshman class. He smiled gleefully as he listened to his hyungs.

‘Then there’s Choi Minho. He’s the tallest among the five and also the most athletic. He’s famous for getting into Kirin High because of his outstanding sports skills; he was the captain of his school’s football team. Not to mention his ability to sway girls with his famous flaming charisma.’ She smiled and glanced at Krystal who I noticed was busy looking down and fiddling with the hem of her skirt; not really paying attention.

I could easily spot Minho’s head because it was slightly higher than the rest of the three boys. I noticed he didn’t talk much, even though all I could see was the back of his head.

‘Older than Minho is Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun is one of those extraordinary students who was popular even before he got admitted into the school. He has the most amazing voice I have ever heard! In his old school he was in a band called Hot Times, and he even has a his own fanclub… the Blingers. He’s also…’  she giggled, ‘one of the *ahem* shorter boys in the class. Him, Minho and Taemin are in our year.’

So he’s the guy whose face wasn’t visible when he came in earlier.’ I wondered. I couldn’t see his face now either, his back was facing me. He seemed to be the only one laughing at his table though.

‘Then the two seniors.’ Sulli began. ‘There are supposed to be five of them, but Onew-ssi isn’t here today.’ I almost choked on my chocolate pudding when I heard that name. Luna rubbed circles around my back while Krystal handed me a few tissues.

‘You okay there?’ Amber asked me and gave me her water bottles.

I coughed a little and took some deep breaths. Then I nodded and told everyone that I was okay.

‘Actually-‘ Luna began but stopped when I glared at her. If these kids found out that I am related to any of the SHINee kingkas, they’d either stalk me till the end of the year or bash me till I’m forced to leave.

‘It’s nothing.’ I shrugged. ‘Go on please, I’m sorry.’

Sulli nodded and continued, though Amber still looked at me suspiciously. ‘Umm… so Key is the second oldest member. He’s the president of the school’s fashion department, yes, the school has a fashion department. He’s the nephew of Kim Chitao, and we all know who that is.’ I nodded like a happy fangirl. Kim Chitao was a very famous fashion designer who not only made it big in Korea, but even in Europe and America. ‘Even girls envy Key-ssi for his amazing fashion sense. Though he can be a diva, he’s also very strict and doesn’t tolerate anyone who doesn’t wear the uniform properly.’

‘Pfft please.’ Amber rolled his eyes. ‘That guy is more of a shopaholic than my elder sister. He’s not only a diva, but he whines and nags like he has a problem with everyone. People call him the Umma of SHINee.’

‘Don’t mind Amber. She has a problem with certain people.’ Krystal shook her head.

I did a double-take. She? So this, this person sitting next to me is a girl? I reckon she was more masculine than Key. And if anyone knew Key it was me. He was best friends with Onew oppa and would often come over to our house.

I secretly smiled to myself. I also knew just how much Key could nag a person. And boy could that guy nag.

‘Excuse me?’ my thoughts were interrupted by Amber’s voice. ‘I only have problems with people who are rude, arrogant and have their own hairstylist.’ She mocked.

‘Okay, no. You guys! Don’t start on the first day!’ Sulli came into the argument as a peace maker.

‘Fine.’ Krystal and Amber sighed immediately. I giggled at their cute argument and how it ended so casually.

Our discussion stopped there and we proceeded to finish our lunch. I still couldn’t help feel curious about the two members whose faces I hadn’t seen yet. I peeked behind Sulli’s shoulder to see the two boys laugh and high-five each other.

Minho and Jonghyun.

 

 


OTL. I'm sure you all want to hunt me down and kill me, but I have a perfectly valid excuse for not updating for 372657257625 years.

WRITER'S BLOCK.

Eventhough I have the whole story planned out, I had no idea what to do! I hope this update is long enough to somewhat satisfy you guys. I'm really REALLY sorry. I want to be good author, but high school's been a female dog lately.

So on that note, rant over.

-MarshmallowHugs