First Day of School :/

You and I is... just a RUMOR!

 

TRRING TRRING!!! Ireona saeyo!! TRRING TRRING!

Jieun's POV:

My hand automatically flew up and fell onto the alarm, hitting the snooze button. Then I opened slowly my eyes, squinting because of the sunlight streaming into the room. I glanced at the clock. 6 am. Yup, enough time for me to get ready for the biggest day of all the 16 years that i have been alive.

My first day of High School!

Ok yeah, so not everyone considers this day to be a very happy day. High School means more studies, more stress, and of course, much snobbier queenkas and kingkas. It is the year that every teenager looks forward to, but dreads at the same time. And for me, Lee Jieun, it was certainly a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I was looking forward to meeting my friends and attend all those extra-curricular activities and trips :D But on the other hand, I felt terrified of the mounds and mounds of homework and study that awaited me :'( Anyway, back to life Jieun! I got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

-------- Shower time, wash face, brush teeth, and everything else-------

Soon I was done blow-drying my hair and brushing it until it was all straight and tidy. After that I put on my new uniform and worked for 5 minutes perfecting my tie (hey, a girl needs to make a good impression rite?). Then, after looking in the mirror and feeling satisfied with my look, I put on my silver converse and ran downstairs, grabbing my hipster/nerd glasses on the way. The smell of pancakes and honey greeted me on my way down. I inhaled the delicious scents that got even stronger as I entered the kitchen. Of course, my omma was in her cute cupcake-patterned apron, making delicious pancakes.

'Good morning!' I chimed.

'Oh! Jieun. You're already awake and dressed.' she exclaimed.

I chuckled. 'Yeah. I guess I got a bit carried away with all the excitement.' I went over and gave her a hug.

'Well it's good to see you so happy on your first day of high school.' she wrapped an arm around me and gently kissed my forehead.

'Is dad up yet?' I inquired and went over to the cabinets to take out four plates and set the table.

'Not yet. He'll probably wake up late today.'

'Mmhmm.' i half mumbled, half answered. Okay, four plates, four forks, four glasses and a bottle of orange-carrot punch. All set for breakfast.

Just then a pair of slippers was heard lazily making their way to the kitchen. A sleepy Lee Jinki entered in all his authoritative glory. He lazily dragged his fluffy yellow chicken slippers, his white chicken printed pyjamas dangled loosely as he came in rubbing his eyes like an old ahjussi. Yes, he loves chickens. He's known as the chicken maniac, the chicken loving leader.

'Onew oppa!!!.' I screamed and went over to wrap him in a huge bear hug. 'Good Morning!!'

'Good mornisnxsakcfgawtc...' replied the obviously half asleep Onew.

Omma came over to the dining table and placed a plate heaped with yummy pancakes. YUM.

'Lee. Jin. Ki.' these three words were enough to completely wake up my big brother and bring him to his full senses.

'Neh omma?' he replied in his sweetest dubu voice, his eyes almost becoming two slits as he displayed his infamous aegyo.

'Aigoo. What will I do with you...' she shook her head. 'Tch tch... you could have atleast brushed your hair and worn decent clothes before coming down.'

'Ah omma... I don't have to go to school today...' he whined, 'so I just woke up to make sure my little Jieunah gets to school safely and then I'll go back to bed.'

Oh right. The senior classes start their term tomorrow. They dont need induction, they've been in high school for three years already.

I quickly finished my pancake and washed my plate. I glanced at the clock. 7.15. Perfect. I still had five minutes before going to the bus stop. I went to my parent’s bedroom and gave my sleeping appa a gentle kiss on his forehead. After that I ran downstairs again and grabbed my all packed and ready  bag, checked my cellphone and turned it to silent, put it in the inside pocket and headed outside. ‘Omma! Jinki oppa! I’m going!’

‘Bye sweetie!’

‘Yah! Don’t call me Jinki oppa! Aish… Hwaiting Jieunah!’

 I chuckled at the two and closed the door behind me.

I made my way to the bus stop. Unlike last year, students would have to go to the bus stop rather than the bus coming to the students’ houses. I saw a quite large group of kids at the stop. I also saw my two best friends, Park Jiyeon and Park Luna (no they’re not sisters lol). I ran over to them.

-------------End of POV-------------