Epilogue

Illusions and Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue. 122515   “Wow... I'm speechless... This is great.” Min Young said, it was a compliment. I smiled. She wiped the tip of her eye with her index finger. “Why don’t you just quit your medical profession then became a writer?”   I laughed. “One day... I'm really sure to do it.”   “I have a question.”   “Hmm?”   “I remember you told me, about Minho requesting you to write a HAPPY--” she emphasized the last word, I smiled. “--Stories... but on your fiction, why is it all of them are sad? I almost cried you know!”   “Why?” I said proudly. “Did I ever have a happy ending with Minho? I think it’s better for all the stories to end in tear-jerking... to be fair enough.”   “This is epic... You even used his friends as the characters of your story... You're hilarious... and as for the plot, you even got it from his dramas... but you’re so cool... it’s so awesome... you make a twist on each one of them.” She sighed and we giggled breathlessly. We gave high five to each other. She must be really happy.   “Even the title really suits your story, 'Illusions and memories'. The first four chapters were illusion while chapter 5, yes definitely the only memory...” She heaved a sigh and started flipping at the paper. Her happy aura immediately changed. She cleared , “but, don’t you think being unresonable?"   “Huh? Why?” I got perplexed.   "You’re in love with a memory! Su Jeong! Minho left this world, one year ago... yet in these stories, you're relieving your memories with him... how are you suppose to move on?!”   “Min Young... I'm trying my best... and... Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose... Minho and I... our relationship was never the perfect one, we always fight, I cannot even remember any memories that we snuggled each other or do what a normal couple do... for me, all those memories are perfect, no matter how the outcome is.” I gave her a half smile. I am not angry with her, in fact she's right. I know I have to move on. But what can I do? My mind is still occupied with his memories.   “Mianhe, Su Jeong... I'm pushing you too much... I'm just concerned; you've been in total daze ever since... It's like you're drowned, and lately, just lately, half a year ago, you're struggling to the surface... catching your breath... your life...” she held my hand look at me intently, “he's gone forever... he won’t be back... move on.”   I know... I really do know.
  ___   I go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter