Lee Taemin

Illusions and Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lee Taemin
As I passed by the corridor, I saw a group of three, clustering around somebody. Their silhouettes are the only thing I can see from the distance. I decided to look away. But when I spun around and looked back at their direction, my eyes wanted to pop out from its socket. I saw one of them raised a hand on the thin air, and his face threw on the left. I grip my fist.

I closed my eyes and exhale loudly. I took a step inside the empty room. By the time, they saw me; they got startled and started to run away. My eyes wandered, where is he?

Then I saw him crawling like a baby on the ground. I quickly dash closer to him.

He was covered with blood. His uniform got stains as well. “Are you okay?” I asked. His hands were groping on my shoulder, I smiled faintly.

He was trembling. “Err—I guess not...” I tried to joke. He just laughed lightly. I loop his hands around my shoulder as we tried to stand up together. “Hey... If someone tries to bully you again, just call me okay?”

“Yes. Vice president.”

That's right. I'm the student body vice president and it's my duty to look after my schoolmates. We exited the dim room only to find out that it was twilight soon.

“Su Jeong-ssi.”

“Ehh? You know me?”

He looked at me oddly. My eyes grew wide as we stare at each other. “Yeah? Of course, we're classmates, since our freshmen year.”

My eyes wanted to fell out. Shock, yes. Embarrassed— likewise. “Ah... Ah... Really?” He groaned in agreement. “Sorry... I didn’t take time to notice you and your presence.”

“It's okay... In the first place, I'm not as popular as Byun Su Jeong-ssi.”

I laughed lightly. “I'm not Ms. Popular... Anyway, may I know what your name is?"

“Lee Taemin.”
  After that embarrassing moment of my life as the student body vice president, I decided to talk to him, and to all people, as much as possible. I don’t want to repeat the same situation, where someone would get embarrassed because of me.   The rooftop is my place. My favorite place and my comfort place. If this is what they call the ‘comfort food’, then this is a chocolate. Under the vast blue sky, I walked closer to the ledge and gaze on the peaceful scenery.

In 15 months time, we would be graduating from high school. Everything would change. New friends. New breathing ground. I wonder.... What if I get trap on a space warp? Or maybe a time warp, where I would be a high school student forever?

That would be awesome! Being together with your friends and someone you love, forever.

On second thought, that wouldn't be amazing. It feels like you're a vampire. An immortal who is trap on a human body.

Or Peter Pan, the boy who can't grow up.

I shook my head. No. Life is about moving forward, never backward. I should make the most of it. I should make my last remaining days very fruitful, so that I won’t regret it someday.

Suddenly, my stomach growls. I realized I haven’t eaten yet. I turned around and decided to head back on our classroom. I glimpse over the side. I got surprised as I saw him sitting alone on the shade. I hesitate not. I walked closer to him and sat in front of him. “Yo!” I said cheerfully and giggled. He look upward, confused. He even have some crumbs over his mouth. He chewed it slowly.
And that’s when it happened, one second, he was sitting in front of me, another, he was walking far away. Eh? Last time, I’ve embarrassed him, now I scared him?

“He—hey! Wait a minute!”  I yelled as I follow him.

He turned around and faced me. Not literally, because he was looking at the ground. “Why?”

I shook my head. I came into my senses. Why am I following him on the first place? “Ah. Nothing…” I said.

Then again… why is he avoiding me?

“Su Jeong-ssi. I’ll go first…” He bow in front of me and walked away.
  “Su Jeong-ie!” I spun around and saw Sun Hee running on the hallway.

“HEY! I said no running on the hallway!” I said while laughing. She smirked. I looped my arms around hers.

“It’s been a while since we did this.”

“Yeah, I know. Mianhe. I’m just busy with school works and being the VP.”

“I understand.”

From my peripheral vision, I saw Sun Hee, pouting. Sun Hee is my closest friend inside the classroom and outside. We’ve been friends since our freshmen year. As we stand at the door of our classroom, my attention was abruptly caught by the strange Lee Taemin.

“Sun Hee…” I whisper. But she was not listening; she was busy shouting to our other classmate at the other side. I got irritated. I poked the noisy and giddy Sun Hee. Finally, it caught her attention. I whisper again, “Sun Hee, do you know Lee Taemin?”

Her eyes got wider and look around, subsequently she
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter