Goodbye America and Hello Korea.

The Crazy Life With Soshi

 

 

          It was a bright sunny day. The sun gleamed down onto the ocean, making it sparkle.  Overhead, a plane started to descend to the ground. In the plane was a boy by the name of Taylor. Taylor Hwang.

Taylor POV

          So I'm sitting here staring out the window of the plane. I sighed. "What'd I do to get myself into this mess? Oh right that."

Flashback

          "HWANG TAEYOUNG. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" My dad yelled as soon as I entered the house. I winced. He only used my Korean name when he was really angry.

          "Huh?" I put my backpack down.

          "This!" He shoved a paper into my hand. I read it over.

 

 

Dear Mr Hwang.

          It has come to our attention that your son, Taylor Hwang has been written up numerous times this semester for skipping classes and detentions.  This is one last warning before he will be expelled from here for good.

Principal Ramos.

           I looked up at my dad, only to see a angry scowl on his face. "Look I can explain." I put my hands up in a defensive position.

          "You're packing your bags." He stated flatly.

          "What? Are you kicking me out?"  I yelled, my eyes widening in shock.

          "I said, pack your bags. Now. You're going to Korea tomorrow. Trust me, it's for your own good. You only had one year left. You're this close to getting expelled during your senior year." He made a hand gesture showing how close I was.

          "Who am I going to stay with then? We have almost no family there that we're close to. And where am I supposed to go to school then?"

          "I'll figure that out later. I need to make a couple calls." He walked out of the room and up the stairs. I followed suit and went into my brother Leo's room.

          "Hey bro." I sighed sitting on his bed. He was on his computer watching something. 'Neoneun Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Naneun Hoot! Hoot! Hoot!' I looked over his shoulder. "Whatcha watching?"

          "Nothing! Umm, hey Taylor. Sup?" He said pausing the video.

          "Dad just kicked me out." I replied plaintively.

          "What?"

          "Yep. Who am I going be staying with. We have no relatives there. Well as far as I'm concerned."

          "Well, isn't Steph living over there right now?"

          "Don't mention her name! She hates me, I hate her, our feelings are mutual." I glared. We hadn't seen each other for awhile and we never had the best brother-sister relationship.

          "She's kinda your only choice lil bro."

          "You're no help." I left his room and went into my room. I ransacked my closet and packed most of my clothes into my luggage. I grabbed my iPhone and charger with a pair of headphones. I fell asleep with my luggage at the foot of my bed.  My dad woke me up the next morning. I rubbed my eyes.

          "So your flight is at 3:00 PM and you're going to stay with Stephanie." He dropped my plane ticket on my bed.

          "And she agreed to this?" I yelled fully awake now.

          "It took a lot of coaxing but, yes she agreed."

          "Can't I just continue going to school here?"

          "No, you're going to Korea. Like I said it's for your own good."

          "Fine." I muttered walking out of my room. I grabbed my car keys off the kitchen counter. I started my car. It was a silver Mustang. I drove to my girlfriend's house.

          "Oppa!" She greeted me happily giving me a hug. She wasn't a Korean but I taught her a couple words or two.

          "Hey. I have to tell you something."

          "What is it Oppa?" She looked up at me with puppy eyes.

          "We have to break up." I stared at the tree behind her, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

          "Why?" She replied calmly. Hmm,  I was expecting her to go hysteric.

          "Personal reasons." I answered

          "Oh, I was cheating on you anyways."

          "....Guess you won't mind me telling you that I broke your phone."

          "What?" I grabbed her phone out of her hands and chucked it across the street. I walked away nonchalantly with her staring at me in shock. Time flew by fast, and before I knew it, I was checking in at the airport.

End Flashback

            A sound from the PA system woke me up from my daydream. "Attention all passengers. We're about to land. Please fasten your seatbelts. Thank you for flying Korea Air." I looked out the window as the plane got closer and closer to the ground. Ah Korea. How long has it been since I've been here. As I walked out of the terminal, I bumped into some girl and she dropped her bag too spilling everything she had in there. Great, just my luck. I bent over and helped her pick up her stuff. Hmm she's kinda cute. Like a bunny. "Sorry" I said giving her a slight smile.

          "It's okay." She answered me cheerfully giving me a cute eye smile that made me almost melt on the spot. "Thanks again~." And with that she walked away to get her luggage. I got up and went to get my luggage too. After I exited the airport, I stood there until I realized I had no idea where I was supposed to be staying at. I took out my phone and called my dad.

          "Dad, where am I supposed to stay. You never gave me an address." I said in English over the phone.

          "Oh right. Here's the address, _______"

          "Thanks dad." I hung up the phone. "Thanks for leaving me stuck with Steph." I called a taxi over and got in.

          "Where to?" The driver asked. I told him the address, using the Korean that I remembered. I'm surprised I can still speak it fluently, I haven't used it since I was like five. When he arrived I paid him and got out.  I looked up at the building. I sighed. "Well, here I go."

          I walked towards the elevator dragging my luggage behind me. The elevator ride took forever, cause apparently Steph noona's dorm has to be on the top floor. I sighed. The elevator finally arrived at the top. "Oh wow, only one door?" I shook my head.

          As I knocked on the door, I could hear footsteps already coming towards the door. Someone stepped out.

          "YOU!" We both yelled as our eyes widened.

 

A/N: Such a crappy chapter. But I'll update more often ^_^. So how do you like this story so far?