Take Me Away

Fated to Be [OTP Oneshot Collection]

 

Pairing: SooHoon

---

They had just started Someday promotions, everyone was excited for the new album. They were gaining new fans everyday and many of them flocked to Kevin and Kiseop.

They all harmonized together that day, trying to support Eli as he was nervous about starting the song first.

Soohyun sang as best as he could, but he could feel his throat itch. He hadn't said anything to the others yet, just assuming that it was a simple cold that came from lack of asleep.

He had increased his intake of vitamin C and waited for it to pass. When his part came, he felt his voice crack and the others even heard it.

"Are you sick, hyung?" Hoon asked.

Soohyun smiled, "I might have caught a cold. You guys go ahead, I'm going to go check up with the doctor." He said, trying to keep his voice as even as possible.

He knew that deep down, it wasn't a cold but he chose to ignore it. Now he had to find out whether his hunch was correct.

The feeling of dread overwhelmed him, what if he was right. And he had stressed his voice out too much.

He dismissed the thought quickly, ignoring the voice in his head as he walked into the doctor's office.

"Hello, Soohyun. How may I help you today?" He asked.

Soohyun sat down, "Can you check my throat for me?" He asked the doctor.

"Sure." The doctor started to do a routine checkup and tried to figure out what was wrong.

"Soohyun, you've been singing a lot lately haven't you?" The doctor asked him.

Soohyun nodded, "New song has a lot of high notes which were given to me." He said.

"You might have nodules. I need to take a scan to make sure." The doctor said.

Soohyun felt his world crumble around him, "Does this mean I can't sing anymore?" He asked in desperation.

"You might need surgery. I'm not sure, I need the scan to know." The doctor replied.

Soohyun let the doctor do his work and he waited for the results. 

"Just as I thought." The doctor said.

"What is it? What will happen to me?" Soohyun asked.

"It's in the early stages so you don't need to do much. Just don't stress your voice out anymore. Can no one else take the high notes for you?" The doctor suggested.

Soohyun shrugged, "No one else has ever tried. Everyone says all I have is my voice." He said softly.

"Well, you need to rest your voice and then it'll go away. If you don't, there's a possibility that you'll never be able to sing again." The doctor said.

Soohyun replayed the doctor's words in his head over and over again.

Never be able to sing again...

He curled up into a ball on his bed as the despair hit. Without his voice he was nothing, no one liked him. He was always the member that was only there for talent.

Everyone loved Kevin, Kiseop and Dongho.

He had the smallest amount of individual fans. He never had the loudest screams at concerts. Everything that he did for U-KISS was based on his voice not his looks.

"Hyung?" Hoon called out, knocking on his door.

Soohyun pulled the covers over him as he pretended to be asleep. The others were back too, he figured since Hoon was already in the room.

He didn't want the younger member to see him like this. He was the leader he had to be strong for everyone.

The door opened quietly and Soohyun kept his body still.

"Hyung." Hoon said.

Soohyun felt the bed dip and be knew Hoon was sitting on the other side. "I heard about what happened from the doctor. He only called me." He said.

Soohyun relaxed his body slightly, Hoon already knew that he wasn't sleeping, that's the only reason why he would keep talking.

"Hyung. Don't worry about it. You heard the doctor, he said you just need to rest and then you'll be all better. Kevin and I can take your high notes, Kevin's voice is already higher than yours." Hoon said assuringly.

Soohyun pulled the covers off and looked at him, "Hoon. That's not the point. Without my voice, I have nothing." Soohyun told him.

Hoon pulled Soohyun into a hug, "Hyung. That's not true. You have us, you have KissMes." He said.

"Everyone loves Kevin and Kiseop and everyone else. I'm not in the group for my looks, only for my voice. But if I can't sing then I have nothing." Soohyun replied.

Hoon grasped Soohyun's shoulders, pulling him back and looking at him sternly. "You stop thinking like that this instant, hyung. You have KissMes, I know you do. You get presents all the time and people say how much they love you." Hoon chided.

"Kevin gets the most presents." Soohyun said quietly, avoiding Hoon's eyes. He was realizing that his way of thinking was a bit harsh towards himself.

"Yah. Stop comparing yourself to them. You'll be fine, rest your voice and then it'll be all better." Hoon told him.

"You promise, Hoon?" Soohyun asked.

Hoon smiled, "Of course I promise. Now get ready to go to bed. I'll stay with you." He said.

Soohyun laid on his bed and closed his eyes, he could still feel Hoon's presence there.

Hoon hummed quietly before he started to sing softly.

In a world filled with darkness,

I ran without any fear

Just following your eyes, those eyes

 

Somebody take me away

Somebody take me away

Somebody take me away

somebody take me away...

 

Author's Note:
I hope I did better with this one :o