Chapter 5

Friends forever?

Everyone watched as SoMin touched her bruised cheek. It wasn't because it hurt but because of anger, it seemed as if she was ready to cry. EunHye was even more upset, she had never wanted to show this side to her beloved Joongie, but now he kept staring at her with surprised eyes. HyunJoong didn't know what to think, he had never seen his best friend like that. He had never seen hurt anyone before in his life. 

"EunHye! What do you think you're doing to her?" She glared at So Min, getting even more angry with the fact that Joongie was defending her.

'How could she hide you for these past days!?" She shouted as the crowd grew even more. 

"She didn't hide me, I was going to go explain today, but the way I see it, I'm not going to explain." EunHye stared at Joongie as he pulled SoMin and walked away with her. The other girls started laughing as he walked away leaving his best friend alone.

"I'm so sorry SoMin. I never thought that she would hit you."

"It's alright, I'm okay. I think I was just surprised with the fact that she actually slapped me." He touched her cheeck, where it had turned red. He was speechless, and so was she. His touched made her heart go crazy as well as his. They were both staring at each other. Their faces so close, and his hand on her skin. Her stomach was feeling something she hadn't felt since her past.

He smiled and sighed as he let her go.

"I'm sorry." She blushed and looked away.

"It's okay." He looked at her as she blushed, he was surprised at how he was feeling. He had not felt that way not even with EunHye. 

He grabbed her hand and lead her to a bench where they sat and talked about all thatt SoMin was feeling. All the girls were looking at her, not looking but glaring was a better word to describe it. EunHye had been looking for them, in order to ask for forgivness but when she found them holding hands something inside her broke. She felt horrible, tears started rolling down her eyes and so she decided to go home and not come out until she could get through what she was feeling. She didn't want to hurt her Joongie, this wasn't her. 

..................................................

Hyunjoong couldn't stop thinking of what EunHye had done, yet he felt horrible that his best friend was feeling this way because of him. He was walking home and found a little shop where he decided to stop and buy something for EunHye. But through out the whole store he found nothing that EunHye would like. Instead he found a really pretty necklace that reminded him of SoMin. He was thinking more and more about SoMin and he felt horrible considering what had happened. He bought the necklace and headed home.

The moment he got home he thought of heading over to EunHye's house but once he was outside, he spotted SoMin crying. Something took over him and he ran towards her. 

"SoMin, what's wrong?"

"Joongie, I'm sorry I'm just a little upset. I don't feel like talking. Sorry."  She started walking away but he stoped her, and pulled out the little box with the necklace inside it.

"I hope this cheers you up a bit."

He placed the little box inside of her palm. He ran off inside home as soon as he put it inside her hand. It never crossed his mind that his best friend was watching them, or that the necklace he bought SoMin would bring great problems later on. 

.............

Once SoMin calmed down after hearing that her past was trying to collide with her present she looked at the box which Joongie had handed her. She was surprised but was itching to know what was inside. She picked it up and opened it. A huge smile broke on his face as she saw the necklace and went straight to her mirror and put it on. She loved it and so she headed toward her window and found HyunJoong looking at her. They smiled at each other.

"Thank you."

Those words made HyunJoong smile and that caused SoMin to touch her heart. She was going crazy. She was falling for her neighbor.