The Target

The Angel or the Demon?

"Hyuna!" Gayoon yelled as she watched Hyuna walk out of the building where her class was being held. Gayoon knew Hyuna's schedule so she sometimes stopped by after Hyuna's classes were over.

Hyuna waved and stopped walking to retrieve her phone from her purse. Since the sun was high in the sky it caused her red hair to shine like rubies as she looked down. Her hair was wavy and very long with bangs cut perfectly across her forehead. 

After finding her phone, Hyuna looked up, shifting a few pieces of hair out of her eyes, and smiled happily as Gayoon approached her. Her grey eyes dazzling in the sunlight. "Hey girl, what's up?" Hyuna asked, curious to what Gayoon had being doing. Gayoon didn't have a busy schedule like Hyuna did, so she had lots of free time to hangout with other friends and just wander around campus. Hyuna was diligent student and her parents knew she would go far in life so she took as many classes as she possibly could to give her as much knowledge as she could take in. She was an intelligent girl who was planning on becoming a doctor; however, that was her parents dream. Her dream was to become a dancer. So trying to do both her parents wish and her passion caused her life to be very stressful with little down time. 

"Nothing much." Gayoon responded. "Are you headed to dance?"

As Hyuna began to scroll through the messages on her phone she shook her head yes to affirm Gayoon's question.

"So you won't be free till 7?" Gayoon asked saddened.

"Yeah I have dance for three hours, you know that." Hyuna looked up at Gayoon who then looked away. She knew Gayoon missed her. She was so busy all the time she could'nt keep up her end of their friendship, which was now going on 12 years. They hadn't seen each other much recently, as the new semester of college had just started and Hyuna was adding a bunch of classes, and Gayoon was obviosly hurt because of it. Hyuna was the older one of the two so she felt as if she had to take care of Gayoon in every way, even if it just meant being with her as her best friend. She loved Gayoon like a sister, so when Gayoon was sad, Hyuna was sad as well, and vice versa. 

Gayoon looked back at Hyuna who now had a sad look in her eyes. Gayoon forced a smie. "It's okay, I know you're busy." Hyuna stared at Gayoon without saying anything. Gayoon was an auburn haired, pale skinned, brown eyed girl, beautiful in the world's eyes. They where both gorgeous girls, but more so Hyuna. Hyuna was the type of girl who would cause you to stop and stare in awe as she walked past. Gayoon was always jealous of Hyuna for it, but Hyuna would say it's not always good luck to have good looks and would assure her she was just as stunning. 

As Hyuna didn't respond, Gayoon leaned in and gave her a hug. "How about we hangout this weekend and get some coffee?" Gayoon suggested as she released Hyuna.

Hyuna smiled. "That would be great." 

Gayoon nodded. "I'll talk to you later then." She said as she departed the way she came. Hyuna watched as her figure disappeared. She sighed and walked her way to the dance studios. She spent three hours a day dancing; one hour was an actual class with her teacher and the remaining two were for practicing and more practicing. She took becoming a doctor seriously, but she also took dancing just as serious, because who knew which one she would become. 

When she arrived at the studios she made her way to the locker room to change. She was dressed in skinny jeans, a flannel button up shirt and high heels, clothes not really suited for dance practice. After changing into sweatpants, a cut t-shirt and street shoes she walked to the studio room to find her teacher there standing in the middle of the dance floor with her arms folded.

Her teacher looked at her as she walked in. Hyuna didn't have a good feeling as she saw her emotionless face. Walking up to her Hyuna could see the sadness in her teacher's eyes. 

"Is everything okay?" Hyuna asked worried. 

Her teacher dropped her arms to her sides and looked Hyuna right in the eye. "I'm sorry, but I can't teach you anymore and I can't get a replacement." 

Hyuna's heart sank as the words came to her mind. She had been with this teacher for over four years and only she understood Hyuna's passion for dance and her dilemma with her parent's wishes. Having her leave would break Hyuna's spirits to become a professional dancer. 

"What do you mean? You can't just leave me." Hyuna said with complete honesty. 

"I'm truly sorry dear, but it's always been difficult for me here and now I feel like I'm being pressured to leave. So I think it's time." Her teacher said as she walked to Hyuna and wrapped her arms around her. "I had an amazing experience teaching you because you have true talent and I know you'll go far." She let go of Hyuna who had now began to tear up, the emotions getting to her. "I'll be leaving now. I hope to hear from you when you become famous." She smiled and walked around Hyuna and out of the studio, leaving Hyuna alone. 

After a few moments of silence, Hyuna finally caved. Tears started to fall from her eyes and down her cheeks. She broke down crying and collapsed to the floor, covering her face in her legs. Who could she find that was as good as her teacher? No one could even come close to her. All the time Hyuna spent with her, she had become a second mom. She had invested so much in Hyuna and Hyuna was going to make sure to pay it all back when she got somewhere. But now, in a split second she was gone, out of her life and Hyuna had no idea how to react.

Crying had taken its toll on Hyuna to where she just laid on the floor for minutes. Still in shock, but not wanting to stay at the studio any longer she got up, grabbed her purse and wandered outside. She thought about calling Gayoon to help her, but after their departure now wasn't the time to see her. Her mom wasn't an option for guidance since she wouldn't care and would only act as if she felt bad. Out of all the people she could possibly call, Hyuna knew only one person could truly comfort her right now.

She took her phone out of her purse and quickly found his number. Dailing, she waited for his answer.