[STAGE TWO] AUDITIONS AND CALLBACKS

THE JOURNEY OF A KPOP STAR [5 SHOOT]

Please listen to this song as you read ^^:

Stand By Me – SHINee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N72sYd8IR4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Nicky’s POV

“Are you nervous?” I turned to Lilly, my beautiful friend, whom I’m had a crush on for a while.

“A little bit, but I think I can sing well. What about you?”

“Umm yeah I’m dead nervous!! But you’re with me, so its ok.” we both exchanged smiles

After about 20 minutes we were called inside the audition room.

I took a deep breath and followed the others inside to see the judges sitting at their huge table. Scary!!! Oh man I’m so screwed. No, no no!! Don’t say that Nicky! Lilly’s here, she’s watching! Remember why you’re here! You’re here to follow Lilly and both become kpop stars so you can be with her. Plus you want to become a star remember? Ok, concentrate. Concentrate. *deep breath*

Lilly was called up first. Oh man I’m so nervous for her, I hope she does well. I crossed my fingers hard inside my jacket pocket and watched her. I smiled.

Lilly’s POV

Here we go Lilly! Your career begins here. Be brave! And 3, 2, 1,

 

“Summer lovin’ happened so fast~

I met a boy, cute as can be~

Summer days, driftin’ away~

Tell me more Tell me more Tell more

Like does he have a car?”

(Song: Summer Lovin’)

 

Good. Good. Keep this up, you’re doing great Lilly. Charasseo!! And… finish. *mini celebration on the inside* You did soo good I’m so proud of you Lilly. I smiled at bowed at the judges then went back to the others. I smiled at Nicky, he smiled back and seemed to agree with me that I sang well. Then it was his turn, and I clenched my hand into a tight fist. I felt relieved that I had already auditioned, but nervous for Nicky. He looked at my and I nodded my head to him and he walked up infront of the judges.

 

Nicky’s POV

I looked at Lilly for a last boost of encouragement. Oh man she’s so cute. No wait! Don’t go off track Nicky, this is your chance to have an awesome career and be with the girl of your dreams. Don’t stuff this up! She’ll think I’m an idiot. Lilly’s watching now, I must show her my talent. Ok, go!!

 

“Careless. Careless.

Shoot anonymous, anonymous.

Heartless, mindless, no one, who care about me~”

(Song: Exo’s MAMA intro)

 

My voice cracked at one of the high notes. S***. Ok doesn’t matter keep going, just make the rest good. I kept on trying my hardest to do well, then I came to the same high note. Get this right Nicky, get it right.

 

“Kkaejyeobeorin maeume boda gippeun sarangeul
Modu hamkke useul su
Itdamyeon~”
 (Exo K- MaMa’s Baekhyun’s part)

 

I squeezed my eyes and sang it out loud and didn’t make a mistake. Booya! The rest of the song was good, so I’m relieved. I bowed and went back to Lilly who smiled happily at me.

 

10 minutes later~

 

We were asked to go out of the audition room and left the building. We turned to eachother and hi-5ed. Yes!

“I’m so glad that was over!” I exclaimed

“Yes me too! But I’m so scared, I wonder if I’ll get a callback.” She said then went quiet

“It’s ok. I’m just happy I did good on the audition, whether I get in or not I’ll still be happy.” I said

“I won’t be. I’m not here to prove to myself that I can sing. It’s not that simple. I’m here because its my dream to become a kpop star and I have to achieve it. I have to! Doing good on an audition isn’t good enough for me. I want to be able to do well on the audition, get called back, become a trainee, be a solo singer, then have a successful career where I have lots of fans. That way I’ll show the world who I am. That’s what I want, the feeling that I am doing what I love and that people are behind me.” she gave a whole inspiring speech in a few sentences which blew me away. Then I realised how serious she was about this. I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me.

“Keobjeongba. I’m sure you’ll get a callback, you were so good. And on top of that you’re pretty. They always pick looks over talent remember?” I tried to comfort her then I realised I shouldn’t have said that. She made a pissed off face.

“You know I want to get a callback because they think I’m talented, not because they think I’m pretty right?” she said, and I quickly nodded, then we walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later~

 

Sydney, Australia.

 

*ring*

Bunny ran to her mobile phone and quickly turned around to see if her parents were listening, then she shut her room door and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello is this Lee Yoona?”

“Uh, yes.”

“I’m calling on behalf of SM Entertainment regarding your audition.”

“*freak!!* Umm *clears throat* yes.”

“After watching your audition we were quite impressed and would like you to return again for a second audition. Here are the details…”

“Yes. Yes. Ok. THANKYOU SO MUCH!!” *both hands in the air*

“It’s ok. We hope to see you there. Goodbye.” *beep*

*beep*

Bunny hanged up the phone and let her hand fall with the phone for two seconds. She blinked her eyes unbelievingly, then slapped herself.

“OOOOOw!!” she gave herself an annoyed face, then her eyes went big and she looked down at her hand. “It hurt.. Oh my god I’m not dreaming!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!” she screamed and jumped up and down on her bed.

She quickly called Honey to tell her the news

“Sorry. The number you called is currently unavailable. Please try again later.”

“That’s weird. She’s talking on the phone now.” Bunny said, and left a message for Honey to call her back when she could.

 

5 minutes later~

 

*ring*

“HONEY!! GUESS WHAT!!?? YOU WON’T GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!”

“BUNNY!! GUESS WHAT!!?? YOU WON’T GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!”

 

Both the girls screamed in unison, then screamed again

 

“WHAT? DID YOU GET A CALLBACK TOO?? SO DID I!!”

“WHAT? DID YOU GET A CALLBACK TOO?? SO DID I!!”

 

They both screamed as if they  had just met their biases in person.

 

“Oh my god this is so awesome! And Danny got called back too! I’m so happy!” Honey explained

“Seriously?? Yes so we’re all in this together ^^. Oh gosh this is so exciting Honey! I didn’t think we’d all get called back so quickly. Oh gosh I’m like jumping up and down of joy! This is so unbelievable. Oh my gosh. I have to breathe~.” Bunny started to lose control of herself

“Haha! Ok calm down now we have 1 week before our next audition. But how are you going to go? Will you tell your parents now?” Honey went serious and worried, which made Bunny stop and stand straight to think

“… I don’t know. Going there, I’ll just say we need to take photos for a project in the city. But, I don’t know Honey. I don’t want to end up not being able to go to the callback audition. Not after all this. If my parents find out I don’t know what they’ll say. What if they make me give up?” Bunny spoke quietly

“Ok. We can do that. We’ve been through this so many times Bunny… but I still have to ask you again. Are you sure your parents will stop you from auditioning if you tell them? Maybe they will let you, you’re just not brave enough to ask them.

“Maybe. But, I’m scared. I’m scared they’ll say no. Then my dream will be even harder to achieve.”

“… Tell them Bunny.”

O.O “What…?”

“Do it. Tell them. You’ve already came this far and now you’ve even got a callback. If you give up halfway you’ll regret it for your whole life, but if you go against your parents you’ll regret it too. So tell them, and if they don’t agree at first. We’ll think of things to convince them. Don’t worry, I’m here for you remember. We can do this together.” Honey said like a true friend.

“… *deep breath* Ok. I’ll tell them. I’ll call you back later.” Bunny smiled at her friends words and became determined.

“Ok. Hwaiting~” Honey’s last words on the phone call.

“Bye.” *beep* Bunny took in her friend’s support and walked out of her room to the lounge room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bunny walked in and stood infront of her parents who were watching TV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued~

 

Sorry guys for my super late updating, and the short and super long updates. This story should be done by the end of this month to welcome the SM Auditions in September ^^ so please stick around to read it ^^

Please comment and subscribe

Hwaiting to everyone ^^

Now to share a quote:

Inspiration is what gets you started.

Motivation is what keeps you going.

And your Dream is what will guide you along the path you have chosen

 

I got this quote from someone’s soompi account, so I don’t own it.

p.s. its from the SM entertainment 60 questions page if you guys read it, I have a blog on it so check it out if you want more info on the SM Auditions and further.

This quote is really inspirational, motivational and all about our dreams and believing that we can achieve them :)

Hwaiting everyone, we’re all behind you.