[STAGE 3] CALLBACKS AND PARENTS

THE JOURNEY OF A KPOP STAR [5 SHOOT]

Please listen to this song as you read ^^:

Dreaming – Kim Soo Hyun (Dream High Episode 13 OST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIY7_66SZA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunny stood infront of her parents who looked at her casually.

“What is it darling?” her mother asked as she flicked through channels on the TV.

“… I-“ … Bunny took a deep breath, and looked at her mother in the eyes seriously

“… I went to the SM Auditions 2 weeks ago and I just got a callback for the next audition.” she finally spoke words that she had been hiding inside for so long.

Her mother rose to her feet, no expression on her face.

“… Really?? And you decided to tell me now?” her mother asked seriously, and Bunny looked down and nodded. ><

“… Alright. So what do you plan to do now then?” her dad asked, plainly on the couch watching her

Bunny remained silent.

“How do I answer that question?” she thought, then spoke after a few seconds.

“I want to go back to the callback audition. But… I want you both to support me in my dream, which is why I told you. I know you might think it’s stupid and that there’s not much chance I’ll get picked, especially since I don’t speak Korean, but I still have to do this. I must. … I’m telling both of you because I don’t like keeping secrets, and even if you do not approve of me taking this path, I’m telling you now that I will not stop. I must go on this journey with or without your support.”

Bunny bowed to her parents and continued talking, feeling disrespectful for her harsh words

“Sorry Mum. Sorry Dad. It’s just that this is serious to me. So… what do you think??”

There was a silence in the room. Bunny waited for her parents to burst out and ground her.

“… Well to start off, I’m shocked.” Her mother said, and she shut her eyes

“How come you never told us before darling?” her father added in, and Bunny lifted her head

“I… thought you guys would scrap the idea as soon as you heard it.”

“… Not really.” Her mother said, and Bunny looked eye-wided at her parents

“Yeah I’m shocked that you actually weren’t joking when you said you were into kpop. I can’t believe you actually went to audition without our permission, and I’m angry that you’re telling me so late. … But… after a while I won’t be angry anymore and then I’ll probably end up supporting you the whole way. But for now, just let me go to sleep so I can think all this through.” Her mother said and bid good night and went to sleep. Bunny watched her go and sat down next to her father.

“Wow.” Was the first word from her dad’s mouth. She faced him and he looked back at her.

“I didn’t expect you to want to become a kpop star. Never. Heh.” he said after the shock

“Sorry, I should’ve told you guys from the start, but I didn’t because I knew you guys would reject the idea!!”

“Were you that certain that I wouldn’t allow you to audition?”

“… What… do you mean??”

“Well, no one’s stopping you from becoming a kpop star, we certainly didn’t. Heh.”

Bunny blinked her eyes a few times…. and her eyes went big as she looked at her father.

“Go for it daughter. Try out. Nothing to lose right?” her dad said, and her whole face lit up and she hugged him tightly.

She ran to her room and called Honey to tell her the good news and her Dad watched her off smiling.

------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------

Same time, South Korea

The phone rang and Lilly lifted her head up immediately. The sound was the one in her dreams for the last two weeks.

She ran to it and saw the ‘anonymous’ caller and picked up.

“Duguseyo?” she asked (she’s Korean)

“Annyeonghaseyo Song Sooyoung-shi. I’m calling on behalf on SM Entertainment….” (pls pretend its in Korean).

“Neh. Kamsahamnida." Lilly hanged up the phone and smiled happily. She was so happy. After what happened last year... she's so happy she got a callback.

Last year~

Lilly waited everyday at home. As soon as she got home from school she'd sit in her room with her phone infront on the table. She'd stare at it, waiting for it to ring. Watching its every movement. When it rang or vibrated she'd pick up straight away, then be disappointed when it was her friends. Then one day, no phone call came, but a letter did.

"We are sad to inform you that you have no passed the auditions, but we sincerely thank you for attending."

Tears fell from her eyes. She was so devastated. After all the hard work, and she didn't get through. Not even the first round. She went quiet after that day. For about two weeks then she became a little better. And now here she is again, trying out. But fortunately she got accepted this time.

End of flashback.

She held her phone to her chest and took a deep breathe. She smiled. She called Nicky and found out that he had gotten a callback too. Yes!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks later~

It was the day of the 2nd auditions

(AUS) Bunny, Honey, Danny all arrived back to the auditioning place. Everything was ok with Bunny's parents now. They are supporting her fully, and Honey is super happy for her friend. It is one less thing to worry about, and one more pump of support to carry with you.

(KOR) Lilly and Nicky arrived back in Seoul where they auditioned.

(AUS) The judges asked to see them dance. Honey went first. She was a really good dancer so she did excellent, and Danny had a flawless dance too. After practisiing endlessly on her dancing with Honey, Bunny handed in her CD with the dance music and popped to the song. Honey and Danny watched her every move, and Honey tapped along to her friend's dancing. She watched her fast spin and made a happy fist when her friend did it perfectly. "Yes!!" she exclaimed quietly and exchanged nods with her brother. Bunny ended with one hand in the air, like how Honey ended at the first auditions. It's a epic way to end, letting out all your power, love and strive in that one reach for the sky. She breathed out, bowed slightly to the judges and went back to the line.

(KOR) Lilly got a bit scared when it was her turn. She wasn't as comfortable with dancing as she was with singing, but to be a successful solo kpop star she knew she had to be able to dance too. She gave in her CD and the music played. She took one last deep breathe and listened to the music clearly until she felt the click from inside to start her dance routine. She twirled and bobbed to T-ARA's Bo Peep music (btw this is just a song i wrote for the story coz i thought of it, not like that i think its a good song to dance to, but it might be ^^). She tried to look confident, but nerves were written all over her face. With aruond 30 seconds to go, she finally got into the dance zone and she let the music take over. She felt the muscles in her body wanting to dance badly, she closed her eyes for a few seconds and had the rest of her routine in her head, then she opened them and the music seemed to be louder than ever, filling her ears. She danced the last half a minute swiftly and she was happy.

Nicky stepped up, shaky on the inside. He felt that he was even worse at dancing than Lilly. He gave the CD with shaky hands, and tried to look normal. He stood straight, waiting for the music to start, trying to act as if he could do it, but he know they could see right through him.

The music played with the loud beat, and he bobbed up and down for two seconds to it before beginning his routine. He swiftly changed his simple bobbing to a sort of jump with his arms swinging by his sides, then he put one hand on his chest and body waved down with his hand flowing down his front chest. Watching from behind Lilly was clenching her first, she didn't expect Nicky's routine to start off looking so well. She hoped he could make it last. Nicky turned in a circle with his swift legs and hands, impressing the judges. He walked a few steps to the left then back to the right, hands out infront as if he was on stage performing, then he stopped and did an almost sitting position.

Then he went down and touched the floor. It was all going really well, which was really unexpected since NIcky had never been very good at dancing, but he did practice for a long time.

(credits for the gifs to: http://keksprinzessin.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/gifs-infinite-be-mine-%EB%82%B4%EA%BA%BC%ED%95%98%EC%9E%90-mv-part-1/ , btw checkthe link out way more gifs on INFINITE'S Be Mine MV and more groups too ^^ keke like thie blog now..!)

Nicky was about half way through the music when he was going to do a quick spin. But he fell. There were a few silent gasps and shocked faces, especially from Lilly. He was going so good. He hit the floor with a bang and he freaked for two seconds. He then quickly got up again and tried to continue with his routine. There was only about 20 seconds left, so he quickly got through it and finished his routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER:

"Jin-gook: There are two kinds of happiness in the world. One is a happiness that you realize after the fact. The other is a happiness that you feel in the moment. The happiness in the moment is so rare that they say you can live your whole life on the light that shines from remembering it. I think we'll go on remembering this moment, today, like that kind of happinessthat we can remember for the rest of our lives, the moment when we shined" http://www.korean-drama-guide.com/Dream-High-Episode-16.html

This is a translation of lines of Taecyeon (2PM) in Dream High, and yes its about love and romance,  but i guess it sorta suits the kpop auditioning theme too. For you guys auditioning, whether you get in or not may not matter, because you'll always remember your audition, as the time you shined. The time you fought for your dreams. ^^

sorry for my slow updates readers!!! >< i'll try and finish this 5 shoot by the end of this month or early next month ^^ anyway thanks readers and my subscriber ^^

ok good luck everyone, practise hard :D:D HWAITING :D:D