[STAGE FOUR] AUDITIONS AND CONFIRMATIONS

THE JOURNEY OF A KPOP STAR [5 SHOOT]

Please listen to...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUyW-3_6Qc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicky got up and walked back to the others. There was disappointment in his eyes, but he didn't speak. Lilly squeezed his hand and he gave a faint smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's P.O.V.

2 weeks later Nicky got a letter back. Lilly, Bunny, Honey and Danny all got callbacks, and got through the 5 callbacks and officially became trainees. Lilly was going to have to leave Nicky to stay at SM's Company.

 

Nicky's house~

Nicky was lying in his bed with one hand under his head. He stared at the wall and flashbacked to his fall. The rejection letter was on his bed drawer. A knock was at his bedroom door and Lilly walked in. She sat down next to him, and he got up.

"Annyeong." she greeted him

"Annyeong."

"Listen, it's ok that you got rejected Nicky. You know why? I actually feel sorta happy that you got rejected." she said cheekily and he looked at her, confused.

"What do you mean?" he wanted an explanation

"Well, I was rejected last year too, remember? So, you sorta make me feel better. Mehrong." she explained, and NIcky nodded

"So.... I guess I should try out again next year and see if we are alike yeah?" he suggested, and they both laughed.

Though they were both joking, they both knew it was much more. Much, much more than just being together now. Nicky's goal was set. He was going to try again next year and get in, to achieve his dream. Oh, and to prove to Lilly that they're alike. :) :)

He brang her in for one last hug before they separate for a year or so.

"I guess I'll see you soon then." she said as she broke the hug, and he nodded and waved her off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SM Company~

Bunny and Honey met Lilly and they were assigned into the same section of the company to stay in. There were 2 other girls too, and they were one group. Their group name was Sparkly. It was originally Sparkles, but since all the member's nicknames end is a 'y' sound, they changed it ^^

Danny was assigned to another section, with another 6 guys. They were called BEATS which stood for: Boys who Everyday Aim for The Sky

 

[A/N I made these group names up, so if they are real groups, sorry it's a coincidence]

 

Everyday they would practice their singing and dancing. Their dance teacher made up a 4 minute dance routine which they practiced daily.

Bunny got further lessons on her rapping by a teacher at SM, and she practised it everyday. Lilly and the others all practised their singing, and they spent 1 hour everyday practising with their teacher. Inbetween they would have spare time, during which Lilly and the other 2 girls would do their school work. Bunny and Honey did their work online, since they transferred to an online school seeing as they can't study from Korea for an Australian school. They all got 8 hours of sleep most of the time, which was really good.

Their manager would come and check up on them everyday to see them, and get reports about them daily too.

Two months past, and all seemed well with the groups towards the managers.

One of the workers came to their practice studio one day and asked them all to sit down. They did as asked. She started discussing about plastic surgery, which made Bunny and Honey nervous.

"We have noted down all the surgeries we want you to have. ..." she told them that they want all of them to get their nose done, and some have their foreheads done (made smaller so there's lesson wrinkles) and more.

"You need to sign here if you agree to having the surgeries." she said, and there was a silence in the room. Bunny and Honey weren't so eager to have the surgery.

The papers were handed out, and one of the other girls (who was the leader) spoke.

"___, do we have to have the surgeries?" she asked what all the other girls wanted to ask.

"... Well, we cannot force you. However, we want you to. If you think about it, which kpop idol do you know who hasn't had any or little plastic surgery? Do not worry, nothing bad will happen. If it does, we hold responsibility for it."

... The point is they all signed it and got their surgeries the following month.

 

Every night Bunny and Honey would do their homework together in the spare time they had and then sleep.

The daily routine was to get up, get ready, eat breakfast, dance the daily routine, go for singing lessons, eat lunch, seeing seniors here and there, watching their seniors do practice stages for performances, eat dinner, homework, sleep.

Time went by. 6 months it had been since they were all first in SM. They started having pre-debut photoshoots to teach them how to pose. The make-up artists gave them more attention and tried different styles of clothes on all of them.

When it was the end of the year, and school was on holidays, Honey and Bunny flew back to Australia for a visit to see their family and friends. It had been 6 months. It seemed like ages, but so fast at the same time. Everyday they would prepare for their so close yet so far debut, and build up their strong character to last the training years.

They stayed for about 3 weeks then flew back to prepare for another year of training and cyber school. It was hard saying goodbye. It would be another year since they could see their family and friends again. But, they had to go. South Korea was where their dreams could come true. They had to go there, because though its cons, its the place where they can live their dream. Perform on the bright stage, have fans clapping and dancing below, smiles everywhere, and support from people as idols. It's the dream.

So one year had gone by, and Honey's rapping has improved greatly. Her dancing was always pretty good, but she became more faster and after all the training, all the girls build up a stronger body and felt more comfortable dancing for longer without sweating too much. Bunny took more time in the fashion line, and the manager made her take more photos in the photoshoots, being the face of the group. Lilly's dancing became better too. The leader built up more leadership skills, and led her group well along their training time. All the members were doing well.

Half a year later, the girls were closing in to their debut dates. The dates were still pending, but the manager showed positiveness and was clearly happy with Sparkly. Bunny acted a small role in SNSD's latest MV, without SM revealing who she was yet. However, this was her first appearance in the media.

Two weeks later, teasers started coming out.

SM announced on their official website that they would be debuting a new girl group.

A day later, Bunny's photo was released, with SM also mentioning that she was the girl who acted in SNSD's MV. She was introduced as 'Bunny' and the face and vocalist of Sparkly.

The next day, the leader's photo was released, followed by Honey's and the other member, with introductions to all of them.

It was clear that their debut was closing in. Within the next two months, they would be on their debut stage, and perform their debut song: "Sparks". (sorry if its actually a song ^^)

The girls started practising their new song hard and the following week it was recorded. With success, the girls did it in only two tries. Then they recorded the backing. Their dance teacher taught them the dance for their song, which they practice for about half an hour daily. Honey and the leader picked up the moves very quickly, Bunny and the other member took a bit longer, but they all eventually learnt the moves accurately.

From their measurements when they were first trainees, their outfits were made and they tried them on. They started to practice their debut song dance with the costumes for comfort and getting used to, but had to stop after a few days in case they accidenly damaged them.

They would sing their song daily, making sure they knew the words, and then they would dance in the mirrored room. Then they would dance while singing, to make sure their vocals were still good while they were moving around.

The next week they filmed the dance for the debut MV. The manager wanted to ask one member of Super Junior to star in the MV, however the plan was scratched, as they were too busy with their schedules.

The song 'Sparkly' was about 4 cute teenager girls who are living their youth to its fullest, and it seems as if the atmosphere sparks up around them. They went to big parks in Seoul and filmed them having fun down the streets, on playgrounds. They even went to Lotte World and had the camera follow them down the slide. The filming was a success.

Two days later the teaser for the debut MV was released. With SM's advertising, the girls had many people interested and excited.

BEATS were set to debut after Sparks, and they were the couple group for eachother.

With one more month of practising their debut song, dance, vocals, and attitudes, their debut dates had come.

The girls were sitting backstage getting make up on their face after they put on their outfits. They were all super nervous.

Honey was spinning in her chair. When she tried to stop herself from spinning, she accidently hit the cup of coffee on the table, which spilt over her outfit. There were gasps, as they only had 1 hour before their debut stage.

"Eottokhe??" she exclaimed. The make-up artist ran to her and attempted to wipe off the coffee, but it was too hard. The manager walked in and freaked out too. Then she thought for a bit and asked the costume lady if there were spares. The lady shook her head, worriedly. Then the leader stood up and had her say.

"Manager-nim, how about we ditch the shiny outfits?" she proposed

"What do you mean? Your group name is Sparkly, that's why the outfits spark. What else would you wear?" the manager tried to make sense

"Well, are there any other shiny outfits which are available?" the leader asked again

"Not at the moment." the manager replied, left silent

"... How about, we wear plain coloured clothes then? I have an idea." she said and told the other members her idea, with positive responses.

"Hopefully this will work." they all crossed their fingers, and quickly went to prepare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for the long awaited update, but i'll finish this story soon ^^ keke