Dance Partner Part One

Love Happens ♡

Happy Valentines Day!


---------------


They days flew by and the day of the party arrived. You were nervous, since your parents said you would be greeting the guests with MinJi and Do Hyun as your parents hosted the party.


Within a few hours, the party would be starting. You had to get ready! You took a shower and put on some random t-shirt and shorts as you blow-dried your hair. After your hair was dry, you quickly straightened it and left it down as it hung just below your shoulders. You looked for your mascara and eyeliner. You applied a thin line of eyeliner on your top eyelid and then brushed the mascara onto your eyelashes. After that, you slipped into your dress and took your mask out of it's holder. You made your way downstairs where your parents were waiting and slipped on your white three-inch heels. You were comfortable in them and could even run in them, but the thin stick that held the heel up still gave you frightening thoughts.


Finally, it was show time! You and your parents drove to pick up your friends and you all were off. Tonight, Dong Soo would be staying home with your aunt, so it would only be you and your parents at this place with other people.


The room quickly filled up with people and soon the advertising began. When you thought everyone who should be here was here, you signaled to your parents to start. After every three item or so that they showed, there was a song for everyone to mingle and dance. Since everyone had masks on, you didn't recognize anyone. Not that you would anyway, but this made it way harder to know who was Korean and not.


Suddenly the lights dimmed for the finale, which was to find a mate. You had thought of this idea because you assumed that business people were just too busy with work to find love. You watched as MinJi shyly walked away with a boy and smiled to yourself as you took a sip of your water. Just as you turned around to walk outside, someone took hold of your hand and pulled you back. You looked up into the eyes of a guy in a white suit and a light pink tie. Something about him made him shine amongst the other men in this room, and it was not because he was wearing white while all other males wore black. It was something else.


He smiled and you could feel how your heart jumped. Hopefully he wouldn't notice your red cheeks in this dim-lighted room. But even if he did know you were blushing, it wasn't like he knew who you were anyways. After tonight, it would all go back as if nothing had happened between you two. You followed behind him as he led you to the dance floor. He kissed your hand and looked into your eyes with the most sincerity ever! He placed your hand around his neck and held onto your other hand. He placed his hand onto your waist and slowly rocked the two of you side to side. Then, as if he was bored of being so far away from you, he laced your other hand around his neck and placed both hands on your waist and pulled you closer.


You could feel his breath on your back and you knew then how close you two really were. Feeling a bit uncomfortable, you slightly pulled away and looked down. Without you seeing, he smiled to himself.


"If you're bored, we can go elsewhere. Would you like that?" he asked. You shook your head but didn't look up. "Is this dance the only way I'll get to be by your side?" he asked softly, "If at all possible, will you let me stay in your heart forever?" You didn't answer, but your body acted on it's own. Your head nodded a small yes and your cheeks flushed red after realizing what you had done. Slowly, the music tuned out and a speaker came to the mic, "In a few seconds, the lights will come on and if you will, please reveal yourself to your dance partner. Maybe cupid's arrow will fall between you two and love will happen." You looked up at the boy standing in front of you. As much as you wanted to know who it was, your insecurities were weaving into your mind. What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm ugly? What if he rejects me?


You made up your mind to reveal yourself and as the lights brightened up, you slowly lifted your mask. You looked up in complete surprise.