We were in love

It's all in the past

 

A pair of hands grabbed her arm.

            “Don’t do that!”, she scolded smiling.

            He hugged her strongly but comfortably.

            “I can’t breathe you monster!”, she protested with her face buried in his strong chest.

            His sweet smell impregnated her nostrils. She loved that smell.

            He pushed her abruptly and, with his hands on her shoulders, he looked at her intensely, like he was trying to read her soul.

            “You are such a creep!”, she mocked, avoiding eye contact.

            He smiled and pecked her on the lips.

**

            Sitting on her bed, she wiped her last tear. Remembering good times only hurt her more. It wasn’t like she wanted to leave him. They were perfect for each other.

                But she had returned. What could a petit, young girl do against and tall, beautiful woman? According to her, nothing.

                She couldn’t even think about Sungmin now. Her heart hurt and her head was aching and screaming at her.

                Someone knocked on the door and came in.

                “How are you?”, the man asked.

                “Fine.”, she said with a trembling voice.

                “I’m sorry Soonkyu. But it’s just the way things are.”, the man said with a sympathetic voice.

                “And while you’re happy and in love, I have to suffer and forget about him.”, she concluded almost with a whisperer.  She wasn’t mad, only tired.

                “It’s not like he’s the love of your life. You will forget him, move on and find someone better.”

                These words echoed in her mind.

**

                “You found the best man in the world!”, the girl exclaimed. “He’s handsome, tall, really nice, smart, multi-talented and he loves you, like, a lot!”

            “MiYoung’s right!”, Taeyeon patted her friend’s head.

            “Soonkyu!”, someone called.

            Soonkyu turned to see who called and MiYoung and Taeyeon started jumping happily while chanting “Here he comes!”

            “Hello girls.”, Sungmin happily greeted.

            “We were saying that you two are a perfect match. And that better than you is impossible.”, MiYoung blurted with a smile.

            Sungmin just smiled awkwardly while rubbing his neck.

**

            “We are in love. We are perfect for each other. I hope you have a nice life thinking of what you did.”, Soonkyu said, now with a strong, angry voice and tears threatening to fall from her reddish eyes.

                “You were in love. Now you can’t be together. Sleep and tomorrow it’ll be a better day.”, the man said with a soothing voice.

                He left and Soonkyu sighed.