Cruel Fairy Tale

It's all in the past

 

Her Samsung was ringing for two hours now, almost non-stop. It was Sungmin.

**

“She hates me.”, Soonkyu told him, sobbing.

He hugged her because he didn’t know what else to do. His girlfriend, the girl who had saved him, the love of his life had been mistreated by the only person who hated him. And he couldn’t do anything.

“This is my fault.”, he kissed her red, burning cheek.

“No. This is his fault.”, Soonkyu corrected.

“I know her. And I know him. How did those two ended up together?”, Sungmin wondered out loud.

Suddenly they heard a voice calling Soonkyu’s name.

“Now what? He’s coming!”, she panicked.

“I’ll talk to him! He has to know what she did to you, what she is doing to us!”, Sungmin got up.

            The man opened the door and, seeing Soonkyu and Sungmin in her bedroom, he got red with anger.

            “She was right! You are a erted!”, the man invested in Sungmin’s direction, ready to punch him, but Soonkyu screamed.

            “What are you doing?!”

            “What am I doing?! What are you doing with him in your bedroom Soonkyu?!”

            “She called me. Unlike you, I’m always here for her. She can call me anytime and I’ll come. I won’t hurt her or leave her for some crazy chick.”, Sungmin almost yelled.

            “Get out! NOW!”

            “I won’t leave without her! Do you know what your so called girlfriend did to your sister, the only person who really likes you? She slapped her!”, Sungmin grabbed Soonkyu’s hand and left the room with her.

            “Lee Soonkyu!”, the man called.

            Soonkyu stopped and looked at her older brother.

            “Yoochun-ah… She hates me.”

            She left with Sungmin leaving Yoochun wonder in her painful words.

           **

“How are you Bunny?”, a female voice asked. It was high pitched and full of insincerity.

“Why are you here?”, Soonkyu asked without looking at her.

She was by her window, watching the stars.

“Honey, I’m worried about you.”

“Get out.”

“But cutie…”

“GET OUT!”

“Soonkyu! Don’t talk to Hara like that!”, Yoochun scolded.

“Get out, both of you. You already destroyed my life. There’s nothing else for you to ruin.”

“Honey, we did the best for you. Sungmin is a bad influence: he’s fake, dangerous and a girl like you shouldn’t hang out with a scumbag like him.”, Hara said, trying to sound sympathetic. 

**

“I won’t leave you. You know that right?”

“She’ll return. She’s going to stay in Japan for one month only. After that what will we do?”, Soonkyu was desperate.

“She can’t break us apart.”, Sungmin tried to smile, but he knew Hara too well.

“She can. She will. She will make me miserable and only God knows what she’s going to do with you.”

“We still have one month to figure things out.”

**

Our love started as a fairytale, but now it’s so corrupted it hurts. I don’t know if we’ll be able to meet again, but if not, it’s for the best.