Kyungsoo Oppa !

You are my Oppa (Brother) ! [EXO K Members]

 (D.O – 23 years old, You – 20 years old)

As soon as he received the call from his parents, Kyungsoo rushed back home. His parents were waiting for him in the living room. Both of them had a worried expression on their faces.

“What happened?” he asked as he threw his backpack on the floor. “How can ~~~~~~~ go missing?”

“I don’t know.” Mrs Do wiped away her tears. “We were discussing with her and she got angry. She left this morning and had not returned since.”

“Did you try calling her phone? Calling her friends?” he questioned.

“We tried all that.” Mr Do looked down. “Her phone was turned off and none of her friends knew where she went.”

Kyungsoo paced back and forth worriedly. He knows that you are not the type of person who left home easily. Something must have happened to make you really upset.

“What did you talk with ~~~~~~ about?” he asked. “You must have said something to make her upset.”

Your parents looked down in ashamed. Your mum started to sob and your dad ran his hand through his hair.

“Tell me what happened.” Kyungsoo gritted his teeth.

“I told her about our plans to send her overseas for further studies.” Your dad confessed.

“Damn it.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Dad, Mum, I already told you that it’s not a great idea. ~~~~~~~ doesn’t want to study overseas. How many times has she told you two that?”

“We just want the best for her future.” Your mum replied. “We didn’t expect her to react like this.”

“Aish…..” Kyungsoo headed towards the door. “I will look for her. Call me if she comes back home.”

With that, he slammed the front door.

=======

You were sobbing and curling on the bed. *I hate mum and dad for forcing me to study overseas.*

After that fight with your parents, you left the house and headed to your best friend’s house.

You had been crying since hours ago. Sehun tried to console you but you kept crying. He didn’t know what to do and decided to leave you alone.

“~~~~~~~-ah…” Sehun called as he entered the room

You wiped your tears and looked at him.

“I bought you something to eat.” He placed a plastic bag on his study desk. “We can eat together.”

You nodded and get up from the bed. You clutched your head as it overcome with dizziness.

*I must have been lying in bed and crying for a long time.* you thought.

Sehun patted the seat beside him and you sat down. He took out two plastic containers from the bag and gave one to you.

“I bought fried rice.” He opened the lid for you. “I hope this is okay.”

You smiled. “Thank you so much, Sehun-ah.”

The two of you began eating. You keep stuffing your mouth with the rice as you had not eaten since morning.

“Slow down, ~~~~~~~.” Sehun placed a cup of water in front of you. “You will choke if you eat that fast.”

You nodded with your mouth full.

Sehun watched as you eat. Your eyes were swollen and puffy from the crying. He wanted to ask the reason behind your crying but he didn’t want to probe. He will wait until you are ready to tell him yourself

Instead, he reached out and ruffled your hair.

“What?” you tilted your head at him.

“Are you going to sleep here tonight?” he asked.

You paused. You have decided not to come home and was about to ask Sehun if you could stay over.

“Can i?” you looked at him. “I don’t feel like going home tonight.”

Instantly, Sehun knew that you have fought with your parents.

He smiled. “Of course you can. After this, I will get your spare clothes and toothbrush.”

“Thank you so much, Sehun-ah.” You reached over and gave him a small hug.

*You’re welcome, ~~~~~~~. Whatever it is, I hope that you will settle things with your parents.*

=======

Kyungsoo has been running around the neighbourhood looking for you. He tried all your favourite places but you are not there.

“My dear ~~~~~~~ dongsaeng, where can you be?” he flipped opened his phone and called you again.

For the umpteenth time, there was no answer from your phone.

“Who else can I contact that will likely know ~~~~~~~’s whereabouts?” he tapped his chin in thoughts.

Suddenly, a name came into his mind. “Oh Sehun.”

*Please let ~~~~~~~ be there. Please let ~~~~~~~ be there. Please let ~~~~~~~ be there.* he wished as he dialled the number.

“Hello?” Sehun answered.

“It’s me.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Oh hyung.” Sehun seems relieved.

“Is ~~~~~~~ with you?” he asked.

It took a while for Sehun to answer. “Yes she is. I was about to call you, hyung. Do you want to come over?  ~~~~~~~’s not sleeping yet.”

“I will be right over.” He replied. “Don’t let her out of your sight.”

Kyungsoo hang up and ran back to his car. He got in, turn the ignition and speed off to Sehun’s house.

=======

You were watching TV and Sehun were taking a bath. The doorbell rang and you stared at the door.

“Who could be here so late at night?” you stood up and headed for the door.

You turned the knob and opened the door. Your eyes widened when you saw your older brother at the doorstep.

“Oppa…” you called out.

Kyungsoo’s eyes softened. *Finally I found you, ~~~~~~~.*

“Kyungsoo Oppa….” You reached out and hugged him.

You started crying.

Kyungsoo returned the hug and rubbed your back. “Shhh, it’s going to be okay. Oppa is here.”

=======

You and Kyungsoo were sitting on the bed in Sehun’s room. Sehun decided to give the siblings some privacy and went out to buy some snacks.

“Tell me exactly what happened.” He began.

You looked at him and wiped your eyes with tissue. “Mum and Dad want to send me to America for further studies.”

“And…..” he prompted.

“I don’t want to. I refused.” You shook your head. “I like studying in Korea. I don’t want to study overseas.”

“Why? Studying overseas will secure you a bright future and great jobs.” He reasoned out.

“What’s wrong with Korea?” you fought back. “I am already doing well here, Oppa. I don’t need to go to other countries.”

“But why, ~~~~~~~-ah.” He asked. “Tell me the reason why.”

“Because I am not ready to leave our family yet.” You whispered.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“I don’t want to leave our family.” You continued. “If I leave, I might not want to come back here. I might forget about our family. I am just not ready for this kind of thing. Maybe in a few year times, I will be able to leave this country and be independent.”

“What makes you say this, dongsaeng?” Kyungsoo your cheeks.

“I don’t know.” You shrugged. “I am just not ready. I am still young to be living alone in an unknown country with no family.”

“I understand.” He nodded. “I will talk to mum and dad about this.”

“Really?” you looked up at him. “You will do that for me?”

“Yes, Oppa will do that for you.” He smiled. “But I can’t promise you that mum and dad will change their mind about this. But I assure you that I can make them postpone their decision and wait until you are ready to study overseas.”

“Thank you so much, Kyungsoo Oppa.” You hugged him. “I love you.”

“I love you too, ~~~~~~~-ah. I will do anything to make you happy.” Kyungsoo patted you back.

=======

Kyungsoo did keep his promise. That night, he bought you home and discussed the matter with your parents. He made your parents understand your situation and told them you are not ready yet.

Your parents decided to wait until you are ready to study overseas and not to stress you with this matter again.

=======

Few years had passed since the incident. You are now sitting in front of your laptop in your dorm in America. You had started your first year in a local university and were doing well actually.

“Hello Kyungsoo Oppa…” you waved to the webcam camera.

Kyungsoo waved back and smiled widely, making his eyes looked big like donuts. “Hey ~~~~~~~~, are you doing well in America?”

You nodded. “Yes Oppa. I am having a great time here. I made lots of friends and they were really nice. There are lots of Korean foods here too, so I don’t have to eat fast food everytime.”

“That’s good to know.” He was scrolling through his phone.

“Am I disturbing you, Oppa?” you asked in concern.

He shook his head. “No, of course not. I am just checking my schedule for tomorrow.”

A few months after you went to America, Kyungsoo went to Italy to pursue his passion for cooking.

“How’s your cooking classes going on, Oppa?” you asked.

Kyungsoo did a thumb-up. “It was amazing. The chefs here are really talented. I learnt a lot from them. I think I will be able to open my own restaurant soon.”

You laughed. “I miss your cooking Oppa.”

“Then come and visit me here.” He winked. “I will make delicious pastas for you.”

You your lips. “Hmmmm, that’s sounds delicious. I will take up on your offer. I might be coming during the vacation.”

“I will be pleased to welcome you, lil sister.” He bowed.

After talking for a few more minutes, both of you have to disconnect.

“I will miss you, Oppa.” You pouted. “Don’t forget to call or text me if you have the time.”

“Same goes to you too.” He nodded.

“Saranghae Oppa.” You made a big heart sign with both your hands.

Kyungsoo returned you a heart and hugged the screen. “Love you too, my dear dongsaeng.”

And then the screen went blank. You smiled happily and went back to revise your notes.




Credits to : crashingmuffinsky 
She gave me this idea to write :) Thank you so much chingu.