Chapter 20 | Patience

It Lead Me To You
Chapter 20 | Patience
 
          Later that day, Bom walked Minwoo to her house. She told him that was going to treat his wounds. Suddenly, she got a call from Gummy. She answered quickly with a smile on her face, she loved hearing from Gummy. "Hello?" 
 
          "B-Bommie-ah.." Her voice sounded weak.
 
          "What's wrong with your voice? Are you okay?" She said as she stumbled to find her house key in her purse.
 
          "I'm at Asan Medical Center...Bom you should get here quickly." Gummy sounded like she was crying. "Seunghyun was in a car accident."
 
          Bom's face turned pale as the smile on her face disappeared and the purse in her hands dropped to the floor. Minwoo came rushing to her side, stumbling along the way because he was still a little drunk from all the soju. His face turned serious as Bom turned to face him. Her face was filled with distress. Bom hung up the phone and rushed to the street to catch a taxi. She started biting her nails as she patiently waited for a taxi. 
 
          She finally got in one, and Minwoo followed her in. "Asan Medical Center." She instructed the taxi driver. He nodded and started driving.
 

          Gummy paced around the hospital, trying to clear her head. Seunghyun's mother waited outside his room, in tears, waiting for the doctors to come out and tell her if her son would be okay. Neither Gummy, nor Seunghyun's mother knew about what happened with his father. Seunghyun's father was nowhere in sight, even though he got many calls from his wife. 
 
          Gummy walked out of the hospital for some fresh air and saw Bom and Minwoo get out of a taxi. Bom paid the taxi driver, and rushed to Gummy's side. "What happened?" Bom asked nervously. 
 
          "He was driving too fast and collided with another driver. He's being taken care of right now, hopefully he'll be okay." Gummy half smiled at Bom. "Come, let's get you a visitor's pass and i'll show you to his room." They walked in and Minwoo followed, he decided that while he was there, he should get treated for his bruises as well. He didn't really know what was going on, so he stumbled into the hospital, holding on to Bom's shoulder. He left to get treated while Bom and Gummy walked to Seunghyun's room. Bom was not okay and it was apparent on her face when she saw Seunghyun's room's door. Seunghyun's mother had left home already to go make food for her son, so Bom didn't get to see her.
 
          Bom and Gummy sat outside Seunghyun's room on the waiting chairs. Bom's face was buried in Gummy, as she cried. Gummy comforted her, whispering "It'll be okay.", but she herself didn't even know if it would be okay.
 

          A few hours later, the doctor finally came out the room, and let Gummy know the results. The tall doctor spoke with a calm voice, "He's alright. He only injured his collarbone and left arm, but they will heal over time." The doctor walked over to Bom and said, "It's alright to go in now, he'll be fine. He should wake up soon." He smiled as he reassured her that everything would be okay. 
 
          Gummy sighed in relief and so did Bom. Gummy fixed her hair and walked into the room. She saw Seunghyun laying down in the hospital bed, still asleep. She caressed his face, so relieved that he was okay. "I'm going to go outside and call him mom." She smiled as she walked out, leaving Bom to see Seunghyun. His body was bandaged from his left shoulder to his fingertips.
 
          Bom slowly walked over to Seunghyun's side, her eyes welled with tears, and her lips formed a soft smile. She put her hand on his face and kissed his forehead lightly until she suddenly felt Seunghyun's hand touch her's. It startled her and she looked at him. He smiled weakly. "Bom." He whispered, closing his eyes. 
 
          "You shouldn't talk." She quickly told him. 
 
          "I'm fine." He said. 
 
          She didn't want to ask him about what happened with his father. So instead she asked, "How did you end up in a car accident? Do you know how much you worried me?" She wanted to sound mad, but she ended up sounding like a worried mother instead.
 
          "I was driving really fast..." He sighed. "I can only remember the sound of glass breaking, but I can't remember anything after that." His eyes opened to look at her as he said, "I'm sorry for making you worry." He said, caressing her face with his uninjured hand. 
 
          "It's fine, I'm just glad your okay." She smiled."You can't ever leave me, you pinky promised we'd be friends for a long time."
 
          He smiled brightly at her and said, "Park Bom, how could I ever leave you?"