Krystal's past and the Plan.

Road Trip

Thank you for all the subscribtions~~ Ok, the first part of this chapter is Krystal's POV and it'll explain her blindness and how she came to be famous despite it.   So think of it as a summary.  If you don't want to know about Krystal's past, just scroll down until you see "Author's POV" and that's where the story continues. 

Feedbacks are welcome and hope you enjoy this chapter!  Sorry for any and all grammar and spelling mistakes.

______________________________________

Krystal POV:

Hello, my name is Krystal Jung.  Most of you know me as the singer from f(x).  What you may not know is that I’m blind.  There was some complication during my birth so ever since entering this world, I’ve been blind.

It was hard on my parents.  They tried so hard to make living easier for me, but really, I’ve never lived as a non-blind person so it doesn’t really matter.  It’s not like I was able to see and then something happen and I lost my eyesight.  I really pity those people.  To be able to see and have that ability rip away from you.  I never had the chance so I don’t know what I’m missing.

I think maybe the world pity me.  Since I can’t see, I am instead gifted with the ability to sing “like an angel” and dance “like a goddess” in the words of my parents.  So when my sister and I got scouted in San Francisco to be apart of SM entertainment, we both said yes.  I said yes because I really wanted to use my ‘gift’ and make music and make people happy.  My sister, Jessica, said yes so she can watch over me.  Eventually, she came to love singing and dancing, so it all works out in the end. 

At first, my parent objects our decision but in the end, they saw how happy I was and they succumb to it.  We then move to Korea so we don’t have to be far from each other. 

SM put us in SM Academy where we learn to sing, dance, answer interview questions, and learn things that kids learn in school such as math, writing, English, Korean, and others subjects. 

Because I was the only blind student there, I had my own tutors that helped my in my school subjects.  They didn’t let me play with other kids because they were afraid that the others might hurt me because not only was I one of the youngest there, so they feel threaten, but I was also blind and therefore, defenseless.  Because of this, I only have one friend beside my sister; Sulli, who happens to be around my age when she join SM Academy.

Sulli and I are best friends and she always help in whenever she can.  When someone bullies me, she would stand up for me.  It’s nice to have a friend who is not your sibling.

Then after a couple years, Sulli came into my room with someone I didn’t know.  She introduces us.  That’s when I meet Amber.  Amber is…different.  She’s from L.A so we converse in English together although she’s suppose to be learning Korean.  Amber is very protective of me.  Most of the time, when someone is protective of me, I don’t like it because it makes me feel weak and useless, but with Amber, I don’t mind.  I don’t mind her taking care of me and helping me.  In fact, I enjoy it.

Sulli commented on it once and how she was jealous that Amber pays more attention to me than her, but she’s happy at the same time because now I have two people outside my family to count on instead of one. 

A couple of months after meeting and befriending Amber, LSM called us into his office along with two other girls I didn’t know, Luna and Victoria.  He told us that after looking through our records, he decided to put the five of us into a group under the name of F(x).

At first, it was hard on me because I’ve been so use to dancing by myself in the dancing room and now, I have to take into consideration of other peoples and make sure I don’t step on them or something like that.  After a while, I began to get use to it so it became so much easier. 

When it was time to debut, I was really scare because so far, I’ve only practice in a room so there’s no way I can fall.  But on stage, what if I step too much to the right or something and I fall off the stage?  SM and all the music programs were extremely considerate though.  They put up a see-through three feet high plastic barrier around the stage so I won’t fall.  I’m very thankful of them for doing that. 

When our profile was being release, they made sure to announce that I’m blind in hopes that out future fans will take that into consideration and won’t try to harass me for autographs or pictures. 

I was the only blind idol and we gain a lot of attention for that.  Some were good and some were bad saying that making a blind person work is slavery.  I don’t think it is since I was the one that agree to it.  They didn’t threaten me or anything. 

Besides promoting our songs on music and tv and radio shows, the other members also branch out and went into acting and hosting.  I can’t do those stuff so most of the time, I’m just resting at home.  Amber is the same since her Korean is still bad.  It was during these times that we got super close to each other.

I think that SM and perhaps everyone know that wherever one of us it, the other should be close.  She’s like my eyes and I’m her voice.  We fit.

We were in LA for the SMTown concert when LSM called us into his office.  That’s when he told us about our two months vacation.  For me, it wasn’t really a vacation since I’m mostly on break unless we have a song or album to promote.  For everyone else, it was well deserve.  Sulli and Victoria just finish filming and the others girls also didn’t have much on their plate.

I’m glad that we all get this break.  I’m even gladder that Amber’s going but I should have known she was coming since LSM knows that I depend on Amber.  With everyone else, I’m extremely stubborn and independent, but with Amber, I let her take care of me. 

When Amber came into the room and held my hand and then let me sit in her lap; it was perfect.  We fit.  Even though I couldn’t see it, I felt everyone eyes on us but I didn’t care.  I love how safe Amber makes me feel.  Hopefully, this vacation will do everyone good.

______________________________________________

Author’s POV:

The girls’ talks among themselves after LSM left the room to give them some girls time. 

“Oh my GOD!! Can you believe it??  TWO MONTHS FREE!!”  Sunny exclaim in pure excitement.

“YES!  Finally, a break!!”  Jessica join in.

The girls were talking and discussing on what to do for the two months while Amber and Krystal just sat there and listen to them.

“They sure are excited,” Amber whisper next to Krystal’s ear.

“Who wouldn’t be?”

As krystal and Amber continue to talk among themselves, they forgot about the world around them until Sunny yells, “Yah!  Lovebirds!”

“What unnie?”  Krystal ask, irritated that her private conversation with Amber was interrupted.

“We want to spend the first month or so going a road trip.  You two up for it?  We can ask LSM for a minibus or go rent it.  Jessica and Tiffany can alternate driving.  We pitch in for gas.  We can travel across the U.S and end in NYC, then spend the second month doing whatever we want.”  Yuri told them.

“I’ll go if you’re going.”

“I’ll always be wherever you are princess.”

“So cheesy,” Krystal turns her head to where the others are, “We’ll go.”

“Omo!  Did you hear that?  We!  Not Amber and I, but WE!  Such a cute couple you two make!” 

“Sulli!  Stop it!”

“What?  You two do make a cute couple.”

“And I approve of it lil’ sis.”

“Jessica-Unnie!”

“Ok ok, let’s go rest and tomorrow, we’ll plan and get the minivan ready and everything.  We’re leaving on Monday morning okay?”  Victoria, being the leader and umma she is, said, well, more like order.

_________________________________________________________