V.

Forever Your Friend?

"Hey ugly Jinae!" Jinae jumped a little when she heard her name. Yubin slammed her locker and twirled her fingers at Jinae's hair. "First flirting with Seulong oppa and now befriending the new student. What's with you?"

"And what's wrong with that?" Jinae looked up and saw Sohee. Yubin scoffed and left with her group. Sohee shook her head and walked in closer to Jinae. "Did she hurt you? What's wrong with those people? Bullying people and stuff. You should fight for yourself Jinae-ah. You're making Oppa worry too." At her last sentence, Jinae abruptly faced Sohee with widely-opened eyes. "Yes you're making him worry, and me too! Come let's grab lunch."

Jinae was touched by Sohee's action. She has another friend. And it made her glad.

"Sohee-ah!" Seulong ran to the table and sat down beside her. "Oh Jinae-ah, you're here, too. Anyway, Sohee-ah, i'd like to talk to you."

"What is it?" Seulong rubbed the back of his neck and shyly smiled. "Can we talk about..."

"I'll go ahead.." Jinae stood up and went to the library.

------------

"Jinae-ah~~~" Sohee sang as she sat beside her at the library. "Guess what..."

"What?" she asked reading a novel. "Seulong oppa asked me to be his girlfriend."

Jinae stopped reading and slowly placed the book down. "He did?" Sohee nodded and grinned.

She smiled at her. "Congratulations then!" Sohee grinned, but her smile instantly faded when she saw Jinae.

"Are you okay?" "Huh?"

She reached out for a wet napkin and wiped her cheeks. Jinae's eyes widened at Sohee's actions. "W-what are y-you doing?"

"Who d-did this? Does Seulong oppa know?"

"No! Please don't tell him! Please! I beg you.."

Sohee sighed and hugged Jinae. "You can always tell me. I'm a friend."

Jinae nodded. She was troubled. No one is supposed to know about this. About her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JUNG JINWOON! YOU'RE LATE AGAIN!" Mr. Lee half-shouted at Jinwoon. "Sorry, Managernim." He gave him his infamous eye smile as he put on his apron. "Is Mr. Lee on menopause? What a temper." Jinae just stood there like a statue, so Jinwoon nudged her. "Yah squirt."

"Huh?" Jinwoon chuckled. "What's with the face" Smile!" He pinched her cheeks with both hands and stretched them. "W-what are y-you doing?" She slapped his hands away, which made the guy startled. "Oh. I'm s-sorry."

She lowered her head and went to the kitchen. She washed up and went to the baking area. Lost in her thoughts, she touched the hot parts of the trays, making her shout in pain. Upon hearing her, Mr. Lee the rest of the staff ran to her. "Are you okay?" "Y-yes, i'm o-okay.."

"No you're not." Jinwoon grabbed her uninjured hands and dragged her to his car. "I said i'm okay.."

Jinwoon just kept on driving til they reached the hospital. He got out of the car and pulled Jinae out as well. "Yah.."

"Just keep your mouth shut, will you? We're getting this treated whether you like it or not." Jinwoon's sudden outburst made Jinae quiet.

"Thank you." she murmured. Jinwoon smiled. "Now let's take you home."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened to you?" Seulong said as he gently grabbed Jinae's hands. "I.. I'm fine oppa. Just being clumsy cooking dinner." Jinae chuckled nervously as Seulong sighed. "Please be careful next time. Okay?" She nodded before going inside the classroom. Seulong never left his gaze on Jinae until she was finally seated properly. He smiled to himself before going to his classroom. He never fails to check up on her before going to his next classes. 

"Oppa!" Sohee jumped in front of Seulong and hugged him. "So Friday night, babe?" Sohee grinned and nodded. "Don't forget, eh?" Seulong nodded and kissed her nose. They both waved goodbye and went to their respective classes.

"So, how are you and Sohee?" Taecyeon nudged Seulong. He just smiled and went back to copying some notes. "Ya hyung. You're not even telling us the not-so-good parts.. If there are any." Junho said as he sat on Seulong's desk. "We're fine, so now go back to your seats and study." He chuckled. "You're no fun, Ong." Taecyeon chewed on his gum and sat beside Seulong.

"Ong-ah.. about your.. uh.. friend.." Seulong stopped writing and place his pen down. "Not this again, Taec. Jinae is my friend. And if you don't want her to be your friend then so be it. But don't tell me to stop befriending her."

Junho sighed. "Hyung, doesn't Sohee feel uncomfortable around her? I mean she's your girlfriend, but you hang out more with that girl." Seulong sighed and faced Junho.

"She has a name, Junho-yah. And Sohee understands because she's also her friend. Now stop pestering me and go study." He smacked Junho and Taecyeon's head playfully before going back to what he was doing.

But something about what Junho said bothered him. Sohee might feel uncomfortable. She's his girlfriend. It wouldn't be wrong if he pays more attention to her than Jinae right? Right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinae went home coughing and not feeling well. All the sleepless nights and over times at the bakery is taking a toll on her. "Yah, my friend needs a temporary employee for tonight. Go to this convinience store now." Despite her tiredness, she went there to avoid some arguments, and maybe abusive stunts from her uncle.

With only 2 hours left before her classes start, she went home and got changed. She has to go to school, even if she doesn't feel fine.

She avoided seeing Seulong so he won't be worrying like hell for her, again.

At the end of her class, Seulong waited for her outside her classroom. "Avoiding? Way to go Yoon Jinae." she sighed. "What's with the mood, eh? You are looking down the whole time." she gently shook her head. She felt her head banging with so much pain. She's getting dizzy and she feels her cheeks are red already.

"I'll go now oppa, i have to study at the library." Seulong ruffled her hair. "Okay then! I'll be with Sohee tonight, so go home safely, okay?" she nodded and rushed to the library.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want to watch oppa?" Sohee said as she grabbed the popcorn from Seulong's hands. "How about.. this one?"

Sohee smiled and nodded. "I'll get the tickets, just sit here, okay?"

Seulong was in line getting the tickets when his phone rang.

"Yes princess?~" he sang as he answered the phone.

"Uh. Hello? Is this Im Seulong? This is.. uh.. Yoon Jinae's phone."

"And you are?" Seulong straightened up. Something's wrong.

"Uh.. I'm a student, too, here. Your.. uh. friend.."

"What happened?"

 

Seulong ran to the exit, even forgetting his girlfriend waiting for him at the cinemas.

---------------

Jinae was on her way out the library when she felt dizzy again. Her head was aching really bad. "Ya watch where you're going.." She bumped to some students on her way out. Her vision becoming blurry. Her temperature rising. She was holding on the walls, to the lockers, anything she can put her hands on. But her health broke down. 

 

"She collapsed."