IV.

Forever Your Friend?

"Jinae-ah! You should buy that! It totally looks good on you!" Sohee clapped her hands when Jinae went out of the dressing room. "But.."

"Don't you worry about it. I'll pay for it.. Go change and we'll go to the next store.."

"Sohee-ah.. I don't really need these clothes.." Sohee just grinned and walked to the cashier.

 

After going to several more shops, the two decided to go to a cafe. "Sohee-ah.. Thanks a lot.. But you don't need to do this.. you know.."

"I know. You're my friend! We're friends, right? This is what friends do!" Jinae looked at her and nodded slowly. Deep inside she's really thankful that Sohee befriended her. Nobody talked to her ever since, nobody but Seulong.

She was startled when Sohee began shouting.. "Jinae-ah! Seulong oppa is calling me! What should i do? Should i answer?" Jinae chuckled slightly at the sight of panicking Sohee. "Answer it."

---------

"Jinae-ah..." Seulong sat beside her at the cafeteria. "Hm?"

"Tell me what you think about Sohee.." Jinae looked up at Seulong and smiled.

"Well. She's... She's nice. She's the first ever person who talked to me here in school. Why oppa, you like her?"

Seulong shyly smiled and slowly nodded. "Why are you asking me anyway?"

He shook his head and slung his arm over her shoulder. "Jinae-ah..."

she chuckled and elbowed him in the ribs. "I get it, you're in love."

"So yea, about Saturday..."

She smiled weakly. "It's fine. Go."

"Really? Thank you!" he grinned and kissed her cheeks. "I'll make it up to you, kiddo. Enjoy the movie!" he stood up and ran out.

Jinae sighed and munched on her sandwich.

 

"Jinae-ah. You know..." Sohee giggled and leaned in closer. "Seulong oppa asked me for a date on Saturday." She grinned and clasped her hands. "What will I wear? What will I wear? Oh my gosh. I'm so nervous."

Jinae giggled and poked Sohee's shoulders. "Just be yourself. Oppa liked you just like that, you don't need to dress to impress him."

"Really? Oh i'm so excited. I wonder what are we gonna do."

Jinae smiled, but deep inside she doesn't feel okay with this. She'll lose him. She'll lose her bestfriend. But she can't do anything about it.

---------

"Yoon Jinae, go the register first. That lazy newcomer is late." Mr. Lee ordered her.

"I'm sorry I'm late.." A good-looking guy dashed to the locker room. "Mr. Jung, you maybe the CEO's son, but you can't just come whenever you feel like it." "I'm sorry Mr. Lee. I woke up late. I'm sorry." The manager nodded and told him to go to the cashier.

"Please assist Mr. Jung in using the register, Ms. Yoon. I need to do some paperworks, so just call me from the office if you need me or something." The two nodded and bowed.

"So.. How does this work?" Jinwoon said pointing at the register. Jinae just stood there and shook her head. She taught him how to use the register and in a couple of minutes, he became the master of register machines. "Ooooh. That's pretty cool. Thanks,, uh..."

"Uh. Yoon Jinae. Just Jinae." Jinwoon smiled, making the lady smile as well. "Nice meeting you then, Jinae-ah. Jung Jinwooon. Just Jinwoon." he extended a hand. Jinae hesitantly held her hand out, so he grabbed it, making her flinch a little. "Let's work in peace, Jinae-ah."

-----------

"Ugh. That was pretty tiring! Pressing all those buttons and smiling all day. I think my jaw is hurting. And i feel like i got some Botox.." Jinae chuckled lightly. "You know you should smile always. You look dead when you don't." She looked at him and slowly smiled. "Where do you live? It's getting dark you know."

"Oh i'm fine. I can go home alone. You don't have to walk me home.."

"I didn't say i will." he teased.

"Oh." Jinae bowed and walked away. Jinwoon chuckled and ran after her. "Kidding. I'll walk you home. It's kinda dangerous to walk alone, you know."

"But i've always walked alone. Just go, i can go home alone just fine." She stopped walking and looked down. He poked her cheeks and chuckled. "You're so cute, squirt. While I'm being nice, just let me walk you home. Come now." He pushed her slightly which earned him a sigh from the lady. 

They walked side by side in silence. No one talked. "We're.. uh.. here. Thanks." Jinae muttered. Jinwoon patted her head and waved. "Good night squirt!"

Jinae looked at him in amusement. Another friend, perhaps?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------