III.

Forever Your Friend?

 

Another dreadful day at school. Yubin and her friends didn't forget to harass Jinae. But as usual, she just let them do whatever they please. As for Seulong, he's trying his best not to do something about those queenkas. His bestfriend always stops her from confronting the 4. "Are you just gonna let them do this to you? What did you even do to them? Yoon Jinae, if they hurt you again, in anyway, i swear i won't let them get away with this."

"I'm okay. You're being a grandpa."

"A grandpa? Look, you don't deserve to be treated like this. Why are they even harassing you?"

"Because i'm your friend. And because i'm a nerd. is that not even obvious, oppa? look i'm perfectly fine, just forget it."

He ruffled her hair and grabbed his bags. "Just. Please be careful. Call me when they harass you again." She just smiled and nodded.

She was thankful that Seulong didn't see her bruises on her face. Make up is her bestfriend, too. Covering up the secrets she doesn't want anyone to know.

After class, she went to her 2 part-time jobs. Then she went home.

Luckily, her uncle is just mad at her, and he's not drunk. He just ignored her presence and continued gambling with his other friends.

------

"Class. We have a new student! Please welcome her warmly." The teacher cleared , and the new student entered the classroom. Everyone's mouth were widely opened. "Hello. My name is Ahn Sohee. Please be good to me." The boys started to go wild, and surprisingly, the girls didn't react. They knew that a new queenka was born. "You may sit wherever you want, Ms. Ahn."

She slowly went to Jinae's table, "Can I?" all of the students are looking at the two of them. "A-are you s-sure you want to s-sit with me?" Sohee smiled and nodded. "So i'll take that as a yes." she sat down and fixed her things. "Ahn Sohee." She extended her hands, which Jinae took hesitantly. "Uh. Jinae. Yoon Jinae." Sohee grinned and shook her hands. "Great! Let's have lunch later, Jinae-ssi."

"You don't need to be formal with me." she weakly smiled.

"Oh. Okay then, Jinae-ah."

It was the first time someone actually talked to her. In a nice way. She felt good, that someone talked to her. She felt warm. She was happy.

-----

"See. She can have friends. You don't need be by her side all the time, Seulong-ah.." Taecyeon nudged his arm while eating. Seulong was just looking at your table, when Junho snapped him out of his thoughts. "You don't need to worry about her! She's perfectly fine!"

"Who is that girl with her?" Taecyeon and Junho looked at each other and laughed. "So you're actually looking at the new girl with your bestfriend? Ooooh someone's in love~" Junho high-fived Taecyeon. "Yah! Cut it out! I'm just... curious."

"Curious your face, Ong. If you really are, go ahead and talk to her.." Junho pushed Seulong off of his seat. "YAH!" The two just laughed together while watching Seulong approach your table.

"Jinae-ah!" She looked up and saw her bestfriend smiling like an idiot. "Oh. Hey oppa."

"Your boyfriend?!" Sohee half-shouted. Jinae shook her head and waved her hands. "Oh no no no. He's my bestfriend. Seulong oppa, this is Sohee. She's a new student. And we're classmates." Seulong smiled and held his hand, "Nice meeting you Sohee-ssi." Sohee felt like her cheeks are burning. "Uh.. Sohee. Nice meeting you, too, Seulong-ssi." 

After that meeting, the three of them would often go out on dates, they would eat out, play at the arcades or watch movies. Seulong would always pay because he's the guy. And the truth is, he's interested in Sohee. He wants her to be his.

 

And that's the start of a new friendship. Or rather, the end of an old one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dugeun dugeun. ♥