The unexpected meeting

Live Within the Memory

 

If all the good memories freeze


If they can't be erased


If they don't melt


What do I do?

 

Jonghyun takes Chris to his penthouse

“This is the best I can get for you, hyung… you can see the entire city from here and the view will be more incredible at night with the city lights and all”

“Thank you” He smiled.

“It’s nothing hyung, I guess I will leave you alone because I have something to do and welcome to Seoul!” Jonghyun smiled.

“Okay, see you later”

After Jonghyun left, Chris goes to the kitchen and takes a glass of water, then sits on the black-colored couch looking outside through the wide glass window. He suddenly remembers about the woman he saw in the road just now and every time he think about her, his heart beats fast which he really have no idea what happened inside him. It feels like his heart knows her but he even didn’t have any memory about her. It was so ironic.

He sipped his water and exhaled lowly looking around his apartment, it was so empty, so silence.  

He decided to go out to coffee shop nearby, he missed everything about Seoul and what he longing the most is the coffee. Ice coffee. His favorite. It’s raining outside, but he cannot wait to taste his favorite drink. He took his jacket and gets out from his apartment. He walked by himself to the coffee shop just around the corner. He entered the coffee shop and ordered one ice coffee, then sits down near the window facing the entrance door, sips his coffee a bit.

Suddenly a woman enters the shop and his heart starting to beat fast again, it was her, it was the woman he saw in the road today. He locked his eyes on her, watching her every moves. He needs to know who is this woman, why his heart seems like recognize her. She ordered a hot chocolate and sits just across his table and starts to read the book she brings, she didn’t notice his presence yet. He still not sure whether to approach her or not since he think probably it will make her not uncomfortable talking to a stranger, at least that is what he thought.

He steals a glance at her sometimes; try not to be so obvious. He looked outside the window and when he looked back at her, their eyes met and he can see that her eyes widen, she blinked twice and rubbed her eyes like she has been seeing a ghost, he distracted his sight by drinking his coffee. She shakes her head and he can see her teary eyes now, that woman gets out from the shop hurriedly.

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

I run as fast as I can with tears that flow down through my eyes, the road was empty, no one across since it was rainy. I paused for a moment; try to figure it out what is just happened. Is that him? Is that really him? Why I have to runaway from him? I didn’t do anything wrong, he is the one who are supposed to hide from me, from my anger, my heartache and my hatred. I hate him.

But, how come he didn’t recognize me at all, is he just pretending? I’m sure it was him, my heart just know it was him. It was him who I longing all this time, the one who makes me crying all alone through my sleepless night. I have been hurt and the wound is partly heal now, but now I see him again, it’s like my wound opens up widely and it’s bleeding severely. It just hurts.

I try hard to hold my tears since last month ago when I decided to get over him and started a new life, but now how come he suddenly come again like nothing happened. Should I come back and asked him myself, to know his true reason of leaving me back then. Should I just let him ripped my heart out from its place and let me die instead because to be honest I’d rather die than to live without him. I cannot deny that I still love him, but now my hatred is far greater than my love for him after what he did to me, after he takes my breathe away and makes me feel like dying. I dreamed about him every night, that painful dreamed about how he said I’m not worthy and why he left because I am too weak and fragile.

I keep thought that what he wrote in the letter was true, he said that he will love me no matter what, I keep believe that I will meet him someday, but I realize it just a bull, he never will be back for me. Everyday I wait for him, hope that he will show up in front of me, but unfortunately it never happens. I already throw away my hope on him long time ago. Now, I can’t even trust anyone. I can’t easily trust on people. I thought that they would lie to me all over again. I become so defensive towards other, I don’t want them to enter my life and make it messier than before. I just want to be alone. But, I realize that I’m waiting for him all these years and I cannot deny it. Even though I said I hate him, but I just can’t deny that I wish he could be back to me, I need him and I want him.

 

[End of POV]

 

Meanwhile,

Jungshin just crossed the street and looked at Chris in the coffee shop, Jungshin is Jonghyun’s best friend and been a best friend for Chris too. He waves to Chris who smiled at him through the window.

“Hyung…” Jungshin called him as he enters the coffee shop.

He thought of her get distracted by Jungshin presence.

“Jungshin, how are you?”

“I’m fine hyung, I just heard from Jonghyun that you decided to stay in Seoul”

“Yeah, to make things easier”

“So, how are you hyung? Everything’s good?”

“Yeah, everything is good and what about your café? I heard it was a huge success?”

“Anii~ Jonghyun must exaggerate things, but yes it quite success hyung”

“That’s good to hear, what about you show me your café after I finished my coffee?”

“That’s a good idea hyung, I wanna know what do you think about it” He smiled.

“Sure… let me finished this first” Chris sipped his coffee fast. They head to Raindrops café not to far from the coffee shop.

 

At Raindrops Café

Chris was amazed as they entered the café, the design was unique and the concept was really interesting too. He can sense the warm and cozy feeling inside the café making people feel like they’re home.

“What do you think, hyung?”

“It’s incredibly awesome.”

“Wow, that was huge words” Jungshin laughed.

“No, if compare to how amazing this café is” Chris smiled.

“Thank you hyung, I’m flattered” He bowed.

“I just saying the truth…”

“Oh how rude I am, let’s take a seat and you can order anything you want hyung. Free of charge”

“Thank you, maybe I will just sit here for a while and relax”

“Sure, hyung take your time”

 

Chris’s POV

Who is that woman really? Why she acted like that, have I done something wrong? And again my heart beats so irregularly fast. I have to know about her. But the thing is how to get to know her then I looked at the magazine stack in the café and it was her in the front cover.

I started to read it and found out that she was a model and heiress of the biggest cosmetics company in South Korea, RainKiss. It was not that difficult then to know more about her, I will just browse the Internet and I’m sure she would be easy to find if seen from her family background.

I didn’t waste any change, I need to know her, I need to know why my heart dugeun dugeun when I think about her. I hope I didn’t involved in any kind of relationship with her before. Probably I need to meet her in person and talked to her. Because I was really curious how come my heart beats that fast when I looked at her, even though she’s only a stranger and the moment at the coffee shop just now keep bothering me.

 

[END of POV]

 

“Hyung, what are you reading?” Jungshin sits across me.

“Oh, this… do you know her?”

“Oh Seohyun, she’s my friend hyung… she’s pretty right?”

Chris just nodded and smiled; he tries to hide his excitement and curiosity.

“I can introduce you to her if you want to…” Jungshin smiled.

“Anii, it’s okay…” he smiled.

“Just wait here for a little while, she always come around this time…”

“She is a regular here, huh?” he asked

“Yeah, kind of… She always comes to bother me” Jungshin chuckled.

“Did she like you?”

“Anii~ it’s not like that, we just friend… pure friend hyung…” Jungshin laughed.

“Arasseo…” Chris smiled again.

What Jungshin said is right, she entered the café and Jungshin approached her.

“Hyunnie, I want to introduce you to someone…” Chris can hear what Jungshin said from here. She smiled and it makes his heart fluttered, feels like it wants to explode. He looked down on the magazine on the table; afraid to look at her which he doesn’t know why.

“Hyunnie, this is Chris hyung”

Chris hold out my hand waiting for her hand to shake it, but her reaction was shocking. Tears start falling from her eyes, He don’t understand. Jungshin was shocked too looking at her reaction. She runs to the restroom.

“She must not feeling well” Jungshin told me and goes to the restroom.

“Hyunnie” Jungshin shouts and knocked the door.

“I’m fine, I’m just feeling a bit unwell…” She shouts back.

“Come out soon okay…”

“I will…”

Seohyun was trying to calm herself, she inhaled and exhaled several times, and it does make her feel better. And now she will give herself a little courage to talk to him. How come his name becomes Chris?, Seohyun talked to herself