Bell Chime

I Think I'm Sick

Author's Note: Hello everyone! I hope you liked the previous chapter! :D Of course, I hope you enjoy the rest of the story! Hello to my new subscribers and readers, thank you for taking a look around and following this story! It means a lot! Do leave any comments you may have! xx

 

This chapter's in Seungri's POV! ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaeri was screaming. A flash of fuschia light was shining so sharply and brightly from her chest. She wasn't bleeding, but she was obviously in so much pain. I didn't know what was happening since I dropped into the well. Where was I? Maybe I passed out, and she screamed loud enough to wake me. 

"Jaeri! Jaeri ah!" I screamed running to her. 

"Jaeri!!!!!" I heard another voice. 

Turning behind, I realised the rest of the princes were here too. Daesung had run to my side, looking confused but worried at the same time.

"Jaeriiii!!! NO!!" I heard Jiyong holler, running right past me and holding her in his arms. 

She didn't respond. Her eyes were on the verge of closing, but she choked as he held her in his arms.

"Jaeri ah!!" I heard a low voice, I turned around to find Seunghyun walking over, Taeyang behind him. 

They were all here the whole time. I looked around me, still confused on where I had landed. The rest had changed a lot, Daesung now had flat blonde hair, Seunghyun had turqouise hair and Tae had an alarmingly angulared mohawk.. Then I decided it didn't matter, because creating all of this mayhem was the demon Queen. She had a hand raised, her eyes glowing a dark crimson red. I heard Jaeri choking painfully as she gasped for air, tears were falling from her eyes. I wasn't sure if the crimson light was cutting into her or if she was emitting it herself. I was pretty confused about everything, how everyone was here and as confused as I was. Had they all fallen through the well too? 

"JAERI! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" Came Jiyong's anguished scream.

"What's happening?" Daesung asked. "Where are we?" he said, looking around.

"What's Jaeri doing all shiny?!" Taeyang said, looking curiously at her. Clearly he was still stuck in his childish mind even though he had grown physically.. 

"You all know her too?" Jiyong said, his voice low and defensive.

"Like I said, we all met at different times." I said. 

"Enough chit chat boys.." I heard the queen speak. That was the same voice I had heard by the well before I fell in..

 

 

"Oppa!" she screamed, banging at the glass. Tears were falling. I couldn't bear to see her cry. 

"I'm coming! Stand back!" I said, as I hoisted myself over the edge of the well, getting ready to jump onto the barrier. 

"So naive" I heard a different voice, but I swore it was Jaeri's lips that moved. Before I knew it, I had fallen right through the barrier into darkness. 

 

 

So I was tricked into falling in.. I must've been too careless. 

"STOP IT!!" Jiyong thundered, as he glared at the demon queen. 

As she clenched her fist, Jaeri let out another agonising scream and right in the middle of where the rays of fuschia light came from, blossomed a white rose. 

"What on earth.." Seunghyun said in disbelief. 

"It's the gem.." I said under my breath.

"It can't be.." Taeyang said. 

"I thought it was destroyed?" Daesung added.

"You guys know about the gem too?" I said, not believeing my ears.

"She probably instilled it into our memories while we were held captive." Jiyong said. 

"How long was I held captive?!" I snapped.

"I don't know, but she got you before me.." He replied, still holding onto Jaeri. 

Before anyone else could speak, we were all thrown back by the fuschia light that errupted in full force around the white rose before disappearing. The rose glowed, and gave off the most gentle presence of pureness and innocence. Jaeri was floating, still mid concious, crying from pain, the rose just slightly above her chest that had no wound. 

Jaeri..

"I had wanted to pin her body up on some frame but since she had managed to wake all of you up from your intoxicated slumbers, I suppose you can just watch me tear her to pieces." The queen sneered.

"Don't you DARE!" Jiyong growled and launched at her, only to be thrown back by a ray of red light from the queen's free hand.

He grimmaced in pain as he struggled to stand up after he had the massive impact against the wall which now had a crater and cracks. He was about to get up and charge at her again when a sudden bell chimed across the room. Jaeri let out another scream, her body tensed and a flash of fuschia light errupted from the rose, a petal fell, disappearing slowly as if drifted away in the wind surrounding Jaeri. 

"JAERI!!!!" Jiyong screamed, holding his shoulder. 

I wanted to shout, but I couldn't bring myself to, I felt helpless and angry with myself. I couldn't blame the rest for just watching, they probably had more than me and Jiyong to figure out, being asleep all the while. But I could never forgive myself for being so weak, there she was, the most precious thing in my life, I thought I had protected her well enough, but I suppose I was wrong. I knew I would have to hand her over to someone else's hands, and I had accepted it, but that didn't mean I could sit still and watch her hurt like this. Not again..

 

 

"I must be crazy.." she sobbed.

I sighed.. I knew she missed him so much. I hated him for hurting her, for abandoning her, for making the one person I've cared for almost my whole life so sad and upset. I hated that I was eventually going to have to be like him as well. I couldn't bear to leave her alone. Jaeri was my little sister, she meant the world to me. 

"Come here.." I said, hugging her. 

The moment her face touched my shoulder, she exploded into the loudest sobs.

"Oppa.. It's been almost 2 years.. Why does it still hurt?" she said in between sobs. "Why is everything not going away?"

"It's okay Jaeri-ah, I'm here.. Everything will be okay.."I cooed, though I knew it was going to be a hard ride.

I felt her clutch at my shirt as she cried. Kwon Jiyong.. I'll never forgive you for breaking her.

 

 

"LET HER GO!" I yelled. The queen cackled in response. 

"What's happening to her?" Seunghyun said, staring at the rose. 

"I don't know.." I replied. 

"She's killing her from the inside.." Jiyong snarled, still struggling to get up. "That rose.. "

"The gem?" Daesung confirmed.

"Yeah" Taeyang spoke. "It's her soul.." 

I couldn't accept it.. Even if I knew it too well. 

"So you've figured it out.." The queen sneered. "You wouldn't know if I did not put that into your memories.." she scoffed. "Did you think you could figure all this out on your own?"

"Why would you want us to know anything if you were going to destroy it all?" Daesung asked.

"Well obviously, it wouldn't be nice if you didn't know the pain she went through before she was destroyed now wouldn't it?" the queen smiled. "Perhaps it was a good idea that you actually get to watch it instead of me implanting the memories much later.." she smiled, her head snapped back to Jaeri's direction. 

Another chime. Another Scream. Another petal. 

 

 

"This is my little sister, Jaeri!" I introduced.

Jaeri had come to find me in school since she wasn't feeling to well and had wanted to go home, but needed me to bring her home. She had come all the way to the cafeteria and shyly tapped me on the shoulder, whispering the situation to me and avoided looking at my friends who seemed fascinated by her.

"Isn't she pretty!" Tiffany cooed, patting Jaeri on the head.

"Yeah.." I said, putting my arm over her shoulder.

"Aww you both look so alike!" Yonghwa smiled. 

"She reminds me of flowers that bloom in the spring!!" Sooyoung said, starry eyed.

"Join us for lunch before you head home!" Tiffany insisted, patting the seat in between her and myself.

She sat down quietly, I could tell she was feeling really crappy, judging from the spaced out expression she wore. 

"Why didn't that Jiyong boy bring you home?" I said, munching on my sandwich.

"Oppa would get angry if I got Jiyong to send me home instead of him.." she replied, staring at the table. I felt my heart warm up at this. 

"Omo.. she's so sweet.." Sooyoung cooed again.

"Now now soo young control yourself.. You'll scare her!" Tiffany said.

"Oh but she's so pretty~ if she were a flower I could grow her all over my garden!" Sooyoung said, her starry eyes not changing.

"I'm sure that'd be lovely." Yonghwa said, sipping on his glass of cola. 

 

 

"H-help.. me..." I thought I heard Jaeri whisper in the midst of what was happening. The queen seemed satisfied at this, watching as she kept Jaeri afloat under her spell. 

"JAERI!!!!!" I yelled, I was about to charge at the queen when Jiyong grabbed my shoulder. 

"Don't.." he winced, still holding his shoulder. 

"If we don't do something-" was all he let me say before he interrupted me.

"We have to think of something. We can't just charge at her." he explained. That's not your sister dying there.. 

"We need to stop her before all the petals of that rose disappear." Seunghyun said. 

"What happens if they do?" I asked. 

"Don't you know?" Taeyang, as if stating the obvious.

"We just got here, our memories have not been fully imprinted yet." Jiyong snapped.

"She loses her soul" Daesung replied immediately.

"And probably her memories..." Seunghyun added stiftly. 

 

 

 

 

.... "Seungri Oppa! When can we go out to play again?" Jaeri asked, tugging my sleeve as we walked home from school.

.... "Seungri Oppa! Will you buy me deokbokki??" Jaeri said as she pointed to the street vendor.

.... "Seungri Oppa! When will umma and appa come home from their trip?" she asked as we ate dinner.

.... "Seungri Oppa! Can we get ice cream?? It's such a hot day!" Jaeri pouted.

 

 

Silence fell upon us, until I thought I heard Jaeri whisper painfully again.

"h-hello?" her voice was soft and forced, like had been cut.

 

 

.... "What do you know about Jiyong?" she said, her face clearly hurt. 

.... "I know Seungri Oppa likes him the least among the 4." she said, her face reluctant.

.... "Jiyong will protect me!" she said, storming out the door.

 

 

"JAERI!!!" Jiyong and I had yelled in unison. I'm sorry I made you go through all of this.

"Don't waste your breath boys.. she'll never hear you.." the queen smirked.

"You're cruel and twisted..." Taeyang said in his childish tone, yet he sounded serious at the same time. 

"Indeed I am.." she replied, smiling at him. 

I clenched my fists, feeling helpless and frustrated that I couldn't save her. I glanced at Jiyong, who wore an expression that seemed to me as if he was hiding how much regret he had felt. 

 

 

"Safe was with Jiyong. " she said, looking at her anklet. "But now, safe is with you, Seungri Oppa" a tear rolled down her cheek as she said this, looking at me. She seemed as delicate as always, yet she wanted to appear so strong at a time like this. 

 

 

I'm sorry I let you down, Jaeri.. 

"We need to do something.." Daesung said.

"Like what?" Taeyang said. 

"We need to stop the spell.." I said to myself, stating the obvious. 

Seunghyun had opened his mouth to say something before a huge flash of orange light shone upon us, strong winds matching it. The queen let out an evil cackle.. 

"It's too late boys.." she smiled in triumph. "The first player of petals are complete... there's no stopping it now.."

I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..