Forced Retreat

I Think I'm Sick

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Here's another chapter! I hope the updates have been up to your expectations or hopefully exceeding them! Thank you for following this story and I hope you'll enjoy it! Do give comments as well please~ xx

 

This chapter's in Seunghyun's POV! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JAERI!!!" Seungri and the red haired guy yelled in unison.

"Don't waste your breath boys.. she'll never hear you.." the queen smirked. This woman was mad and twisted..

"You're cruel and twisted..." one of the guys said. He sounded like a child... Then again, it was like he read my mind.

"Indeed I am.." she replied, smiling at him. 

"We need to do something.." another one piped up, he seemed panicky.

"Like what?" came kiddy guy's response.

Obviously we would have to save Jaeri.. But it looked like we didn't have much time left. Seungri mumbled something quietly to himself, he probably was beginning to lose his grip since he was watching his sister's soul be ripped to pieces. The moment I opened my mouth to say that we had to act fast before anything else happened, a blast of orange light threw all of us off. Perfect timing..

"It's too late boys.." the queen smiled in triumph. "The first player of petals are complete... there's no stopping it now.."

I mentally slapped myself for not saying anything sooner. I looked at Jaeri from where I was, all 5 of us were at a loss right now, the queen was too strong, and she ould destroy Jaeri if we tried something funny again. Jaeri looked like she was trying her best to force her eyes open, she looked pretty different from the last time I remembered seeing her, afterall, elementary school was a pretty long time ago..

 

 

"Woah you're good!!" JaeRi smiled, taking deep breaths from our little competition.

Maybe I should have let her win. She was trying so hard to hold her breath. 

"I'm talented in water" I replied cooly. Well, obviously I was, but I can't tell anyone what I really am. 

"I can't wait to play with you again in the pool next week!" JaeRi shouted as we waved goodbye as went our sepearate ways. 

 

 

That day was probably the last day I had spent on earth. I wasn't too sure, but it was definitely the last memory I had of Jaeri and Seungri. We were all good friends. But right now it seemed like Jaeri and Seungri had aged over a span of a day. I didn't even suspect Seungri to be something like me. I looked at him, and everyone else, and probably guessed he was the demon of air, his fine lined tattoos and purple eyes seemed relevent enough.

I haven't seen the rest of them before. The childish one had a spiky mohawk and golden eyes, my guess was that he was the demon of light. The panicky guy had flat blonde hair and had emerald green eyes, a clever guess would be that he was the demon of earth. The red haired guy seemed to really be attatched to Jaeri as well. He had himself thrown against the wall in hopes to save her. Judging by his appearance and personality, I was guessing he was the demon of fire.. A chime interrupted my thoughts and then came an immediate scream of agony from Jaeri again.

"She's dying.." I heard the red haired guy whisper under his breath.

"W-what's happening?" Jaeri whispered.

"I say we should just knock the queen out.." the mohawk guy said, clearly getting impatient from being forced to sit still.

"No Tae-" Seungri said before Blonde guy interrupted

"I like that idea." he said and raised his hand, I could see the green glow in his eyes as blades of leaves materialised from the palm of his hand, directing right at the queen. 

"NO!!" Seungri yelled as the queen smirked, deflecting the leaves without even lifting a finger.

"DUCK!!!!" Tae squawked as the leaves began slicing towards us, along with a blast of green light.

"Don't think we should act so rashly now that he soul is at stake." the red haired guy said. 

"You're right.." I said. He looked at me, somewhat puzzled. "Hey, she's my friend too." I said, shrugging.

"She isn't just another friend to me.." He replied acidly, but it made me realise.. He was probably in love with her.

 

 

 

"Come with us, Demon of Water.." The henchmen said.

They were at least three times my size. They eyes glowing a bright red and their claws seemed sharp enough to cut my 10 year old body in half. It terrified me, but I wasn't going to give up just yet. I knew very well I wasn't human, but I had to embrace myself for who I was, and I wasn't going to let these thugs take me to some god forsaken demon world. 

I ran for it. 

Obviously, they chased after me, shooting at me when they could. I dodged as I ran around the pool complex. I dived into the pool, in hopw they wouldn't dream of following me in. I was dead wrong...

 

 

 

Jaeri let out a scream again as yet another petal fell at the chime of the bell.

"Any ideas?" blonde guy said, still sounded disoriented and panicky. 

"What happens if we stop it now?" Seungri said. She'll die..

"No idea.. She might die.." Tae said. More like WILL instead of MIGHT.

"She'll die.." I replied flatly. "The process she's undergoing now would probably blow her physical being up to bits if we stop the source of it.. It's too dangerous." I stated. 

"W-what's h-aappening?" Jaeri's whispered echoed.

"STOP THIS!!!!!" Red haired guy screamed, his teeth and fist clenched. 

"Shall I make your head explode, Jiyong?" the queen snarled at him. 

"Evil!!!" Tae yelled, as he did that, he had sent lightning from the ceiling right at the queen, and almost hitting jaeri and ourselves. As each bolt struck, craters were created on the floors, blasting bits of stone in all directions. But the force field around Jaeri and the queen remained intact. Her power was too strong..

"WATCH IT TAE!" Jiyong snarled.

"You'll kill us all..." blonde boy said, covering his head. 

"You can't even control your powers, and you want to defeat me?" The queen laughed.

"H-hey... Come b-back here..." Jaeri's whispers echoed again. 

When she said this, a flash of yellow light emitted from her again, completely cutting through the darkness of the room. 

"The petals are falling even faster now.." Seungri breathed. "At this rate her sole's a complete goner." 

"We have to try.." Jiyong said through clenched teeth. "I won't have her go like this."

"Do you think I want her to end up like this too?!" Seungri argued. "I've guarded her all my life with my own.." he added. Jiyong did not respond, merely glaring at him in defeat. "I know you love her Jiyong. I love her too-"

"Look, we all love Jaeri okay?" blonde guy said.

 

 

"Seunghyun oppa! Let's go for a swim after school!" she said during lunch. 

"You and I have homework.." Seungri reasoned. 

"Oh come on oppa please?" she pouted. "I'll get my homework done really quick!" 

"Just a quick swim won't hurt right?" I said, eating my sandwich. Seungri sighed in defeat, though I knew he himself pretty much wanted to head out to the pool too.

"Alright," he said, ruffling her hair. "But we have to be home before dinner!" he said.

"Dae~" Jaeri sang.

 

 

"Jiyong's love isn't our kind of love Daesung.." Seungri said, so it was true, the demon of fire had fallen for her, hard. Daesung fell silent, and nodded, understanding Jiyong's mad-dog behaviour. 

"I hate to say it." I interrupted, their heads immediately turned to face me. "We need to wait until the curse is completed-"

"ARE YOU MAD?!" Jiyong snarled, he looked like he was about to launch right at me, but Seungri put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Let him finish..." Tae waved, earning a glare from Jiyong.

"When the curse completes, her soul will still be on earth, if we are able to get it on time after the curse is complete, we may be able to save her." I said. 

"But the petals." Daesung said.

"It's what lies within the petals that's most important.." I stated. 

"So we have to wait?" Jiyong said sourly as a bell chimed, another petal dropped from the rose and disappeared. 

She didn't scream.

"It's our best bet." I said, looking at her, hang in there little soldier..

 

 

"I will beat you one day!!" Jaeri grinned as the three of us sat at the edge of the pool.

"You beat Seungri, isn't that good enough?" I teased. 

"Yeah, you're way better than me!" Seungri encouraged. But I knew Seungri just let her win since she was never able to hold her breath longer than I could.

"Yeah, so I moved on to my next goal!" she smiled, eyeing me playfully.

"You say it like you're going to war" I laughed.

"I am!" she said, striking the air with her fist. "I'm a soldier!!!" she demanded. 

 

 

I may not have grown up with her, but I still needed to at least try to save her. I stood up, raising my hand and directing the biggest blast of water I could to throw Jaeri off the queen's focus point. Unfortunately, my powers were completely deflected by a forcefield around jaeri and the queen, causing the entire wave I created to evolve into a blast of blinding blue light which stunned all of us for a few seconds. I swore my eyes felt completely mulled. 

 

"You have to do better than that, water demon." the queen smirked, still not taking her glance away from Jaeri.

I scoffed at her arrogance. 

"What are you doing Seunghyun?!" Seungri snapped. "You're lucky the witch didn't strike back!" 

"I don't know I had to try something at least.." I said, realising that he was right. 

"And you said not to try anything stupid.." Daesung snapped.

"I don't know what came over me.." I mumbled to myself.

"You must have been a close friend too." Tae said, looking at me with an expression that made me feel a little uncomfortable. Jaeri used to look at me like that too. 

 

 

"Ya.. what's with that expression?" I snapped. 

Her eyes were inquisitive and concerned, narrowed slightly. Yet I could sense her mind wandering. Seungri gave me a hand to pull me up. I dusted myself off and rubbed the sore on my bum where I had landed.

"What expression?" she said, still staring closely at me as I adjusted my bag.

"You're looking at me like I'm an animal at the zoo." I said.

"Kinda irks you doesn't it?" Seungri laughed. "She's just concerned." he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Her look loosened immediately. 

 

 

"That reminds me of-"

"Jaeri?" Seungri interrupted me. 

"Yeah.." I said. "Looks like she got it from him.." I said, dropping the matter. 

Clearly my head was getting muddled.